Author Topic: Size (fat) acceptance?!?!?  (Read 8372 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Size (fat) acceptance?!?!?
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 07:40:50 AM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 08:53:29 AM »
My "acceptance" of fat people is at an all-time low. All I see is a bleating farm animal; a sad testament to my country's excesses.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 08:57:47 AM »
I don't mind overweight people.

What I do mind is when they criticize people who are in shape and exercise and eat right. I also mind when they try to convince others that there is nothing wrong with being overweight; overweight people are just as healthy as people who exercise and eat right. Um, no.
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 08:58:32 AM »

What I do mind is when they criticize people who are in shape and exercise and eat right. I also mind when they try to convince others that there is nothing wrong with being overweight; overweight people are just as healthy as people who exercise and eat right. Um, no.

It's a "condition"  ::)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »

Ultra diplomatic way of saying ya dislike most of them, lol.....
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 09:10:21 AM »
It's a "condition"  ::)

From the Harvard School of Public Health

Heredity plays a role in obesity but generally to a much lesser degree than many people might believe. Rather than being obesity’s sole cause, genes seem to increase the risk of weight gain and interact with other risk factors in the environment, such as unhealthy diets and inactive lifestyles. And healthy lifestyles can counteract these genetic effects.

Yes, its always a "condition" with them.  ::) I don't doubt that there are cases where there is a direct link between someone's obesity and a medical reason. Its obvious there is. The problem is that a LARGE majority of them do not have a medical condition, but they always come back to some sort of condition. Its greatly exaggerated. For most people, exercise and diet can supersede a genetic predisposition to obesity.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »
Ultra diplomatic way of saying ya dislike most of them, lol.....

No, not necessarily. If someone is overweight and owns up to their poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and doesn't blame a "condition," then I actually have no problem with this person. They are taking responsibility, and are not bitching and moaning.

Its the people who always say, "Youre fat shaming me" that annoys most others.
X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »

From the Harvard School of Public Health

Heredity plays a role in obesity but generally to a much lesser degree than many people might believe. Rather than being obesity’s sole cause, genes seem to increase the risk of weight gain and interact with other risk factors in the environment, such as unhealthy diets and inactive lifestyles. And healthy lifestyles can counteract these genetic effects.

Yes, its always a "condition" with them.  ::) I don't doubt that there are cases where there is a direct link between someone's obesity and a medical reason. Its obvious there is. The problem is that a LARGE majority of them do not have a medical condition, but they always come back to some sort of condition. Its greatly exaggerated. For most people, exercise and diet can supersede a genetic predisposition to obesity.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »

It's diet soda dammit. Leave her alone.  ::)
a

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2015, 09:39:50 AM »
Fat women are almost on par with rapists and pedophiles. Disgusting fat pieces of stinking sweaty shit who can't hide their nasty jelousy at slim bonny lasses, instead of doing something about their fat dumpy bag full of runny shit body's they criticise while stuffing their fat ugly faces

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:01 AM »
Fat women are almost on par with rapists and pedophiles. Disgusting fat pieces of stinking sweaty shit who can't hide their nasty jelousy at slim bonny lasses, instead of doing something about their fat dumpy bag full of runny shit body's they criticise while stuffing their fat ugly faces

I've missed you posts man, seems you've slowed down the last days.
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »

Exactly. Ridiculous.

Soda is so nasty. The only time I drink soda is when I am at a bbq. Other than that, its either water, seltzer, or flavored water, or juice (after the gym).

Think of it like this: Coca Cola is a good way to clean your toilet. And people stick that into their bodies.  :-X :-X
X

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »
Exactly. Ridiculous.

Soda is so nasty. The only time I drink soda is when I am at a bbq. Other than that, its either water, seltzer, or flavored water, or juice (after the gym).

Think of it like this: Coca Cola is a good way to clean your toilet. And people stick that into their bodies.  :-X :-X

I don't think anybody is going to pretend cola is healthy. But it isn't the problem. If it wasn't cola it'd be something else. It's their fat fucking attitude that's the problem.

Like someone else said, I don't hate fatties that are honest about it, but the self righteous ones can go fuck their flabby selves.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:35 AM »
I don't think anybody is going to pretend cola is healthy. But it isn't the problem. If it wasn't cola it'd be something else. It's their fat fucking attitude that's the problem.

Like someone else said, I don't hate fatties that are honest about it, but the self righteous ones can go fuck their flabby selves.

Yes, I know its many factors and not just Cola.

I was just expressing my disdain for soda.

That was me who said that (the ones who are honest about it).
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 09:57:31 AM »
I've missed you posts man, seems you've slowed down the last days.

95% of the time I post at work but have just been on the factory shutdown which is the only 2 weeks of the year the engineering dept is actually busy, normally I just sit around reading and posting on getbig most of the day and will be again now

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »
Problem is that we all know obesity is not healthy. Not healthy means that it cannot be acceptable. We are at a crossroads when it comes to healthy lifestyles and "freedom". People want to be accepted for unhealtiness, but at the same time want to be declared healthy.

I remember when Michelle Obama was going to schools and talking to kids about eating healthy. Parents were OUTRAGED!!! "NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO FEED MY KIDS." Morons. Granted, they dont have to take advice from Michelle Obama, but clearly via science, we know what is and is not healthy. But nope, in America, people want their "freedom." They'd rather have the sense of feeling "free" and feeding their kids junk food, then listen to someone else who tells them, "You should be eating vegetables." Can't have that because it takes away from their "freedom."  ::) ::) You know its a sad state of affairs when people would rather make poor choices just to feel "free."  :-\ :-\

Shit, if I was a parent, Id be ADVOCATING to have some sort of nutrition or fitness expert to go to my kids school and educate them about healthy eating habits and exercise. Too many dumb parents in America are like, "DONT TELL MY KIDS WHAT TO DO!! ONLY I CAN GIVE THEM ADVICE!!!! FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!"
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »
Fat people get less judgement I think than bodybuilders or am I wrong? A fatty goes to the doc and gets compassion, a bodybuilder goes and if anything is wrong with him at all its blamed on the lifestyle and roids if that be the case.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 10:13:09 AM »
Fat people get less judgement I think than bodybuilders or am I wrong? A fatty goes to the doc and gets compassion, a bodybuilder goes and if anything is wrong with him at all its blamed on the lifestyle and roids if that be the case.

What doctors are you going to? Most doctors I know will tell overweight people they need to lose weight and will tell people who smoke cigarettes to stop smoking and will tell alcoholics to quit drinking. They would be shitty doctors if they only offered compassion and not sound medical advice.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »

pretty much...
?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »
TBH, I'm pretty thankful for fat people. It makes those in reasonably good shape (like me) feel better about themselves. :) 8)

My work environment is pretty weird. Fat women always discussing dieting yet always looking the same. ???

Years ago, my gf wanted us to go to a water park.  I had just gained some weight after a bb competition and felt self conscious about walking around all day in swim trunks now that my six pack was gone.  My gf insisted and assured me I looked great and had nothing to worry about.

After just a few hours at the water park, which was full of mostly morbidly obese whales walking around in speedos and bikinis, I told my gf I suddenly felt like I was the best looking man in the whole world, and that I felt like I was in the best shape of my life.   ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »

Yeh I find that amazing too.... Or the sympathy that an alchy will get, yet they look down there noses at us and tut..

I remember in my early 20's taking my top off to get a mole on my back inspected and he actualy tutted the cheeky c.unt, told me to watch this n that

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 10:17:46 AM »
Years ago, my gf wanted us to go to a water park.  I had just gained some weight after a bb competition and felt self conscious about walking around all day in swim trunks now that my six pack was gone.  My gf insisted and assured me I looked great and had nothing to worry about.

After just a few hours at the water park, which was full of mostly morbidly obese whales walking around in speedos and bikinis, I told my gf I suddenly felt like I was the best looking man in the whole world, and that I felt like I was in the best shape of my life.   ;D

Haha! My wife asked me if I wanted to go to a water park with the family. Knowing that a.) I look decent and b.) there will be nothing but fat asses there, I instantly agreed. Will try to get some shots of me flexing on a fatty.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
Haha! My wife asked me if I wanted to go to a water park with the family. Knowing that a.) I look decent and b.) there will be nothing but fat asses there, I instantly agreed. Will try to get some shots of me flexing on a fatty.

LOL

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 10:30:22 AM »
What doctors are you going to? Most doctors I know will tell overweight people they need to lose weight and will tell people who smoke cigarettes to stop smoking and will tell alcoholics to quit drinking. They would be shitty doctors if they only offered compassion and not sound medical advice.

I didn't mean they don't give sound advice to the fatties and all but they view them with sympathy as if they had no choice, whereas the bodybuilder is seen as consciously inflicting harm apon himself.