Author Topic: Ben Carson (why not)?  (Read 29942 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Ben Carson (why not)?
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »
You are that fucking stubborn in disagreeing with my point (which started off agreeing that he is an idiot but it is a political showpiece) that you have no problem contradicting yourself in the same sentence. You cannot be a doctor and not believe in science. That is what fucking witchdoctors and quacks do. He opened people's heads and fixed their brains. That is not easy, and requires scientific knowledge. Stop being such a stubborn cu nt and you might not get such abuse on the forum.
Here you go dunce cap,
Most Doctors believe in God, afterlife.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8318894/ns/health-health_care/t/survey-most-doctors-believe-god-afterlife/#.Vj_4Ir-nZGY

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2015, 05:38:48 PM »
You are that fucking stubborn in disagreeing with my point (which started off agreeing that he is an idiot but it is a political showpiece) that you have no problem contradicting yourself in the same sentence. You cannot be a doctor and not believe in science. That is what fucking witchdoctors and quacks do. He opened people's heads and fixed their brains. That is not easy, and requires scientific knowledge. Stop being such a stubborn cu nt and you might not get such abuse on the forum.
Want some more Dunce Cap?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/17/health/17faith.html

Most Doctors See Religion as Beneficial, Study Says

Fewer than 10 percent of doctors interviewed had no religious affiliation.

:o  :o  :o  :o

Over all, only 1 percent believed that religion has a negative effect on health, and 2 percent said it has no influence one way or the other. But 54 percent said God sometimes affects a patient’s health, and 33 percent said religion and spirituality help prevent specific medical events like heart attacks, infections and death.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »
The problem with politics is that it's an all of nothing proposition! If you are a republican then nothing a democrat says has validity and vice-versa. Whereas we should be taking the best ideas from both sides and implementing them. Everyone has this mentality "Ok, let's fix America, as long as it doesn't affect my quality and standard of life"

- currently 1/2 of every tax dollar is spent on the military.  Any politician mentioning this will disappear faster than Uncle Joon in his mom's basement.

As Wiggs said, no politician can "fix" America.. it will take a complete breakdown and collapse before we accept change.

A quick search reveals majority of tax is spent on healthcare, social security etc beofre milirary, transportation etc.

@ Adonis

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/050714/doctorsfaith--.shtml

I am sure a university newspaper can be trusted. Of course a higher percentage of those that believe in God attend religious services... unless you include atheists attending religious funerals/baptisms etc... (social etiquette).

You also forgot to include:

Although doctors are more likely than the general population to attend religious services, they are less willing to “apply their religious beliefs to other areas of life,” the researchers found. Sixty-one percent of doctors say they “try to make sense” of a difficult situation and “decide what to do without relying on God,” while only 29 percent of the general population say the same.

as well as

author Farr Curlin.... The next step, said Curlin, who describes himself as an “orthodox Christian in the Protestant tradition,” is to begin to look at how doctors’ religious (or secular) beliefs and values might influence the way they care for patients.

Let's try not post biased, shitty sources shall we?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/03/doctor-not-chaplain-how-a-deeply-religious-surgeon-general-taught-a-nation-about-hiv/273665/

Doctor, Not Chaplain: How a Deeply Religious Surgeon General Taught a Nation About HIV

C. Everett Koop

To be sure, Koop brought a reputation for boldness, first evidenced when he became surgeon in chief of Children's Hospital in Philadelphia shortly after finishing his residency. When Reagan nominated him, 35 years later, Koop had stellar credentials as a pediatric surgeon. In one of the thousands of complex operations he performed, he separated conjoined twins connected at the heart, knowing that only one child could survive.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »

Can't anything.

America sucks

Its a pimple on the ass of history.

Ahh, bitter revisionist.

How come, then, we're not discussing this on a site from your country? Using technology from your country? About a pastime your country made popular?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »
Lol

Reading stories about successful religious people is like reading about successful retards.

Just because you can make a bird feeder.... doesn't mean you're not fucking stupid.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »

A quick search reveals majority of tax is spent on healthcare, social security etc beofre milirary, transportation etc.

@ Adonis

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/050714/doctorsfaith--.shtml

I am sure a university newspaper can be trusted. Of course a higher percentage of those that believe in God attend religious services... unless you include atheists attending religious funerals/baptisms etc... (social etiquette).

You also forgot to include:

as well as

Let's try not post biased, shitty sources shall we?

You are one dumb son of a bitch, really.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
Lol

Reading stories about successful religious people is like reading about successful retards.

Just because you can make a bird feeder.... doesn't mean you're not fucking stupid.
I have no idea what Lustral and 240 have to gain by trying to cover up and make excuses for morons like Ben Carson who are highly religious.

I personally know many doctors who are highly religious.  The chief oncologist at Duke medical was a devout Catholic who was invited this year to tour with the Pope, which he did.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »
Here you go dunce cap,
Most Doctors believe in God, afterlife.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8318894/ns/health-health_care/t/survey-most-doctors-believe-god-afterlife/#.Vj_4Ir-nZGY

Can you not argue the substantive point without copypasting spurious sources?

The fact you use not only shitty sources for facts, but also exclude the facts in those sources thinking people won't find you out (like I did above) highlight your stubborn ignorance. Go pray that google wasn't invented cos it just fucked you over.

Finally, re religious people... I am an atheist, have been since early/mid teens. Have no issue with religious people, do not push my agenda and don't care as long as they don't push theirs. My girlfriend's employers are doctors and one is very religious yet he is an anaesthesiologist. I don't get it, but as long as it doesn't interfere with his application of science I don't give a shit.

Sad to see how insufficient Adonis is at retaliating/replying to arguments. Copy/paste the bible or the internet - you're still a fucking moron who cannot articulate your point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2015, 05:50:54 PM »
240 has an agenda. Knows Rs won't find Carson's religious beliefs/ignorance all that troubling, but they maybe won't like a liar. So "liar" is his angle here.

Also I like to argue.   It's been a decade of goofing off with coach, beach bum/dos equis, and other getbiggers.  It's fun to see them practically blowing Carson in 2011, then silent today.  It's fun to see them suddenly on the trump bandwagon.  I take a position (such as me calling trump a liberal plant back in 2011) and they HAVE to take the opposite position - to this day, NONE of them will admit trump is a RINO/liberal, they refuse to believe he's helping clinton in any way...

it's fun to debate.  keeps it interesting.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
I have no idea what Lustral and 240 have to gain by trying to cover up and make excuses for morons like Ben Carson who are highly religious.

I personally know many doctors who are highly religious.  The chief oncologist at Duke medical was a devout Catholic who was invited this year to tour with the Pope, which he did.

In what way have I tried to cover for Ben Carson? I think he is an unmitigated idiot (politically) who is lying about his religious beliefs, the same as he has lied about many other things. Stop fucking changing what I, or others, said. I am not American, I can't vote there so it is box office to me. Box office to see you meltdown trying to reply to intelligent arguments by ctrl c and ctrl v as much as you can you cretin.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
My old girlfriends dad was one of the most prominent Neurosurgeons in the country, still is.  While he was Jewish (atheist), he would always make fun of his religious co-workers.  Tons of them out there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
Can you not argue the substantive point without copypasting spurious sources?

The fact you use not only shitty sources for facts, but also exclude the facts in those sources thinking people won't find you out (like I did above) highlight your stubborn ignorance. Go pray that google wasn't invented cos it just fucked you over.

Finally, re religious people... I am an atheist, have been since early/mid teens. Have no issue with religious people, do not push my agenda and don't care as long as they don't push theirs. My girlfriend's employers are doctors and one is very religious yet he is an anaesthesiologist. I don't get it, but as long as it doesn't interfere with his application of science I don't give a shit.

Sad to see how insufficient Adonis is at retaliating/replying to arguments. Copy/paste the bible or the internet - you're still a fucking moron who cannot articulate your point.
::)

I find it hard to believe that an anaesthesiologist, the highest paid doctor position in the US, is someone who is religious.   ::)  ::)  ::)

Thats just not possible. That can never happen.  Doctors are brilliant people.  ::) Perhaps he is just lying so to make your girlfriend not feel bad.  Maybe he is going to run for office.  Either way I do not believe it.  Its not possible.

Your sources are shitty, (Unlike mine which was funded by the NIH-US Government).  Oh well.  Liar.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2015, 05:59:11 PM »
My old girlfriends dad was one of the most prominent Neurosurgeons in the country, still is.  While he was Jewish (atheist), he would always make fun of his religious co-workers.  Tons of them out there.

Well was he Jewish or atheist or couldn't make up his mind? I could care less if the doctor who removed my brain tumour developing from reading this thread believed in bigfoot or the tooth fairy as long as he knew what he was doing - I just don't see how someone could be smart enough to do one thing, based on a mound of practise and scientific knowledge, yet believe another thing based on gossip from 2000 years ago recorded 400 years later - and take it seriously.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2015, 06:00:49 PM »
In what way have I tried to cover for Ben Carson? I think he is an unmitigated idiot (politically) who is lying about his religious beliefs, the same as he has lied about many other things. Stop fucking changing what I, or others, said. I am not American, I can't vote there so it is box office to me. Box office to see you meltdown trying to reply to intelligent arguments by ctrl c and ctrl v as much as you can you cretin.

You are dumber than the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists.  So Ben Carson has put on this elaborate ploy for over six decades?  He even inscribed bible passages in marble on his walls at his home with his Jesus picture collection, not because he is religious, but because he wants to keep the conspiracy going?

You are a moron.  Dumb as bricks.  Dumber than Carson actually.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
Well was he Jewish or atheist or couldn't make up his mind? I could care less if the doctor who removed my brain tumour developing from reading this thread believed in bigfoot or the tooth fairy as long as he knew what he was doing - I just don't see how someone could be smart enough to do one thing, based on a mound of practise and scientific knowledge, yet believe another thing based on gossip from 2000 years ago recorded 400 years later - and take it seriously.
Ashkenazi are a race.

How were you able to come to terms with your girlfriends religious employer being an anaesthesiologist?  Or is he lying too?  ???

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »
::)

I find it hard to believe that an anaesthesiologist, the highest paid doctor position in the US, is someone who is religious.   ::)  ::)  ::)

Thats just not possible. That can never happen.  Doctors are brilliant people.  ::) Perhaps he is just lying so to make your girlfriend not feel bad.  Maybe he is going to run for office.  Either way I do not believe it.  Its not possible.

Your sources are shitty, (Unlike mine which was funded by the NIH-US Government).  Oh well.  Liar.

What sources did I use? I just used the parts of same article you left out. I am using empirical evidence.

Oh, and this doctor is religious, but not a creationist. Look, it makes no sense to me, but I did not grow up indoctrinated in religion like most of his peerage did. He takes it seriously, does pilgrimages etc.

We are veering so off point here the thread is dangling off a cliff... he is a shitty, xenophobic candidate who, imo, lies about his religious beliefs to appeal to voters but, if he really believes that... like he believes he would be a hero in a shootout... so be it...

No idea how out of 340 million people these are the best representatives that can be found.

PS Adonis: Do not bother calling me dumb/moronic. It doesn't annoy me, noone cares and I am sure we could have a dick measuring contest where i post my degrees and masters and you post your whatever... just fucking read what I say, it isn't too far off what you said originally.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2015, 06:11:21 PM »
Also I like to argue.   It's been a decade of goofing off with coach, beach bum/dos equis, and other getbiggers.  It's fun to see them practically blowing Carson in 2011, then silent today.  It's fun to see them suddenly on the trump bandwagon.  I take a position (such as me calling trump a liberal plant back in 2011) and they HAVE to take the opposite position - to this day, NONE of them will admit trump is a RINO/liberal, they refuse to believe he's helping clinton in any way...

it's fun to debate.  keeps it interesting.

Fine if you're trolling, but you just lie.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »
What sources did I use? I just used the parts of same article you left out. I am using empirical evidence.

Oh, and this doctor is religious, but not a creationist. Look, it makes no sense to me, but I did not grow up indoctrinated in religion like most of his peerage did. He takes it seriously, does pilgrimages etc.

We are veering so off point here the thread is dangling off a cliff... he is a shitty, xenophobic candidate who, imo, lies about his religious beliefs to appeal to voters but, if he really believes that... like he believes he would be a hero in a shootout... so be it...

No idea how out of 340 million people these are the best representatives that can be found.

PS Adonis: Do not bother calling me dumb/moronic. It doesn't annoy me, noone cares and I am sure we could have a dick measuring contest where i post my degrees and masters and you post your whatever... just fucking read what I say, it isn't too far off what you said originally.
You can somehow deal with the anaesthesiologist being religious, but you think Ben Carson is lying despite being religious his entire life (mountains of evidence going back since childhood)?

That makes no sense.  Its as if you are trying to make excuses for his stupidity.  I am just wondering why you are doing so?  Also, you do not like the fact that the majority of Doctors in the United States are religious, surgeons included.  In fact, I rarely have ran into an atheist doctor.  How do I know they are religious, because I know many personally and they are always at church functions, in the paper, visible in the community etc...This is all in line with data that suggests that Doctors are overwhelmingly religious.  

Find me some data that says otherwise.  I would love to have it.  Sadly, that is not the case.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2015, 06:28:38 PM »
You can somehow deal with the anaesthesiologist being religious, but you think Ben Carson is lying despite being religious his entire life (mountains of evidence going back since childhood)?

That makes no sense.  Its as if you are trying to make excuses for his stupidity.  I am just wondering why you are doing so?  Also, you do not like the fact that the majority of Doctors in the United States are religious, surgeons included.  In fact, I rarely have ran into an atheist doctor.  How do I know they are religious, because I know many personally and they are always at church functions, in the paper, visible in the community etc...This is all in line with data that suggests that Doctors are overwhelmingly religious.  

Find me some data that says otherwise.  I would love to have it.  Sadly, that is not the case.

You can believe in an afterlife if it comforts you from believing we live, die and become compost. As long as it does not change your actions doing surgery i do not care. We do not have creationists here, at least not in numbers, so it is so alien to me that someone could be that stupid. You might meet them everyday, i do not. Strangely creationism uses the ""maths" of an Irish bishop who added ages of people in bible.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »
You can believe in an afterlife if it comforts you from believing we live, die and become compost. As long as it does not change your actions doing surgery i do not care. We do not have creationists here, at least not in numbers, so it is so alien to me that someone could be that stupid. You might meet them everyday, i do not. Strangely creationism uses the ""maths" of an Irish bishop who added ages of people in bible.

The problem here is that according to studies, Fifty-five percent of doctors say their religious beliefs influence how they practice medicine.

That is certainly a problem.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
The problem here is that according to studies, Fifty-five percent of doctors say their religious beliefs influence how they practice medicine.

Surely that could range from beliefs on euthanasia to (i cant think of one) jehovah's witnesses. Either way religion is a personal belief, it should not affect your job (unless you are a priest).

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2015, 07:03:10 PM »

Only in your own little mind.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Only in your own little mind.

Coach,

Has Ben Carson been dishonest, at all?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »
If doctors were smart they'd become scientists. They're doctors precisely because they aren't smart, but merely adept at memorization. Very little thinking involved.