Author Topic: Ben Carson (why not)?  (Read 30064 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ben Carson (why not)?
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »
Memorial Day 1969

Friday evening, Carson lambasted Politico during a press conference for allegedly publishing an “outright lie” about his West Point story. Carson defended his wobbly story by saying that he interpreted an informal offer from Gen. William Westmoreland after a dinner together as an offer for a full scholarship. In his book “Gifted Hands”, Carson claimed this dinner took place after marching in a Memorial Day parade.

But the General was not even in Michigan let alone Detroit on Memorial Day or the days before or after it, according to the Detroit News.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson’s published account of having dinner with a top commander in the Vietnam War after marching in a Memorial Day parade in 1969 as a high school ROTC cadet in Detroit does not match historical records.
In Carson’s 1990 best-selling autobiography, “Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story,” the neurosurgeon tells of being offered a scholarship to West Point as a high school senior sometime after having dinner with the U.S. Army’s chief of staff, Gen. William Westmoreland, on Memorial Day 1969.

But Westmoreland’s personal schedule shows the general was not in Detroit on Memorial Day or during the days preceding and following the holiday. His schedule says he was in and around Washington, D.C., that weekend, according to Army archives The Detroit News reviewed Friday.

Even if Carson’s excuse for his first inaccuracy about being offered admission to West Point were true, it would still be inaccurate, as the Politico story explained that West Point doesn’t offer full scholarships and one doesn’t get an offer over dinner – a member of Congress usually nominates an individual and then that person is deeply vetted (they must vet more than the Republican Party).

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2015, 04:30:11 PM »
On political board, nobody will defend carson.  They just want to attack politico.

they know the dude is a lying piece of trash - they just love hating on the media for jumping to a headline, 4 horus before carson confirmed it himself.

This is what i think is the shittiest thing about US politics... fuck it most western democracies. People lie about viewpoints and religious beliefs etc to cater to voting bases/funding . Like i said, no openly atheiest US presidents. Why? You will lose votes in the south. Same as in UK you have to demonise the EU on the one hand while making 40% plus of gdp trading there tariff free.

Donald Trump is doing well so far, despite being a terrible presidential candidate, because he actually says what he thinks. Of course he has backtracked here and there but... imagine him brokering a deal with china and russia? Would he be a realist/compromise? You cannot file insolvency for failed political ventures like he has failed in so many businesses and remain unscathed.

If carson said what he actually believed same as most of them should you would at least know what/who you are voting for.  I just find it hard to believe he really is a creationist and the other lies re violence what he would do in a mass shooting etc make him look more confused and unable to be president.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
Ok, dumbass.  I will.

Outstanding comeback. Thanks for demonstrating the wit that keeps the trannies coming back to you again and again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »
Ben Carson was awesome last night.

Not so much tonight... In his own words, he admits his books about his life aren't accurate.

Ben Carson: My biography isn’t ‘100 percent accurate’ — but ‘none of the things are lies’

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/dr-ben-carson-brushes-more-controversy-n459431
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/ben-carson-my-biography-isnt-100-percent-accurate-but-none-of-the-things-are-lies/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »
This is what i think is the shittiest thing about US politics... fuck it most western democracies. People lie about viewpoints and religious beliefs etc to cater to voting bases/funding . Like i said, no openly atheiest US presidents. Why? You will lose votes in the south. Same as in UK you have to demonise the EU on the one hand while making 40% plus of gdp trading there tariff free.

Donald Trump is doing well so far, despite being a terrible presidential candidate, because he actually says what he thinks. Of course he has backtracked here and there but... imagine him brokering a deal with china and russia? Would he be a realist/compromise? You cannot file insolvency for failed political ventures like he has failed in so many businesses and remain unscathed.

If carson said what he actually believed same as most of them should you would at least know what/who you are voting for.  I just find it hard to believe he really is a creationist and the other lies re violence what he would do in a mass shooting etc make him look more confused and unable to be president.
Then you are an even bigger moron than he is.  Why would you make excuses for someone who has held these beliefs his entire life as all evidence shows?

Guess you want to be like Ben Carson and refuse to believe evidence and primary sources.   ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »
I wonder which parts of his life story, of the amazing story that turned him from violent stabber into pyramid historian, weren't accurate.

And what the f is the difference between "some of the things I said weren't accurate" and "some of the things I said weren't true".  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »
He either doesn't believe in biology - Or he's a liar.

From his recent admission that his books aren't accurate - even though he repeatedly said they were -

I tend to think he knows full well the sand on the beach is way order than 6000 years old... BUT he knows that 18% of people are literal idiots. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2015, 04:41:23 PM »
Then you are an even bigger moron than he is.  Why would you make excuses for someone who has held these beliefs his entire life as all evidence shows?

Guess you want to be like Ben Carson and refuse to believe evidence and primary sources.   ???

The longer you believe in creationism the dumber you are.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2015, 04:50:25 PM »

No, I just see it as massively incoherent to believe in a 6000 year old earth (whatever it is they believe) yet have the scientific knowledge to perform neurosurgey. It isn't brain surgery to see they do not go hand in hand.

I'm saying he is a liar more than anything.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
Anyone know who the biggest RINO is? Still in the race, I mean.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
No, I just see it as massively incoherent to believe in a 6000 year old earth (whatever it is they believe) yet have the scientific knowledge to perform neurosurgey. It isn't brain surgery to see they do not go hand in hand.

Americant education system in action

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »

Americant education system in action

Can't what?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »

agreed he's more of a liar.

evolution is the basis for biology.
Biology is the basis for medicine.

it's very difficult to imagine being as brilliant as he was about the intricate parts of the brain, while still having no awareness of brain evolution over centuries and thousands of years.

More likely - as in the the ADMITTED case of his book - just "not true".  He tells lies when convenient.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
I really don't care what party they are to be honest with you. 

Have you ever voted for a Republican?

Also, are you able to answer my previous question as to why you support Bernie Sanders?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2015, 05:02:33 PM »

And you are wrong.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
agreed he's more of a liar.

evolution is the basis for biology.
Biology is the basis for medicine.

it's very difficult to imagine being as brilliant as he was about the intricate parts of the brain, while still having no awareness of brain evolution over centuries and thousands of years.

More likely - as in the the ADMITTED case of his book - just "not true".  He tells lies when convenient.
Jesus Christ, why are you trying to cover up the fact that he is a moron and has been his entire life?  He really does believe those things.  He even has shrines to Jesus all over his house and has been ultra religious his entire life, before politics or anything.

Its almost as if you people want him to be something he is not.   ???

Furthermore, you can easily be a doctor and not believe in science, evolution or any of those things.  MANY MANY MANY doctors out there just like that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2015, 05:08:12 PM »
Have you ever voted for a Republican?

Also, are you able to answer my previous question as to why you support Bernie Sanders?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »
Jesus Christ, why are you trying to cover up the fact that he is a moron and has been his entire life?  He really does believe those things.  He even has shrines to Jesus all over his house and has been ultra religious his entire life, before politics or anything.

Its almost as if you people want him to be something he is not.   ???

Furthermore, you can easily be a doctor and not believe in science, evolution or any of those things.  MANY MANY MANY doctors out there just like that.

240 has an agenda. Knows Rs won't find Carson's religious beliefs/ignorance all that troubling, but they maybe won't like a liar. So "liar" is his angle here.

See, he don't really care about baby earth and shitty science so much; he supports Cruz, who believes the same thing as Carson.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »
Jesus Christ, why are you trying to cover up the fact that he is a moron and has been his entire life?  He really does believe those things.  He even has shrines to Jesus all over his house and has been ultra religious his entire life, before politics or anything.

Its almost as if you people want him to be something he is not.   ???

Furthermore, you can easily be a doctor and not believe in science, evolution or any of those things.  MANY MANY MANY doctors out there just like that.

You are that fucking stubborn in disagreeing with my point (which started off agreeing that he is an idiot but it is a political showpiece) that you have no problem contradicting yourself in the same sentence. You cannot be a doctor and not believe in science. That is what fucking witchdoctors and quacks do. He opened people's heads and fixed their brains. That is not easy, and requires scientific knowledge. Stop being such a stubborn cu nt and you might not get such abuse on the forum.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »
The problem with politics is that it's an all of nothing proposition! If you are a republican then nothing a democrat says has validity and vice-versa. Whereas we should be taking the best ideas from both sides and implementing them. Everyone has this mentality "Ok, let's fix America, as long as it doesn't affect my quality and standard of life"

- currently 1/2 of every tax dollar is spent on the military.  Any politician mentioning this will disappear faster than Uncle Joon in his mom's basement.

As Wiggs said, no politician can "fix" America.. it will take a complete breakdown and collapse before we accept change.

I

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »
The problem with politics is that it's an all of nothing proposition! If you are a republican then nothing a democrat says has validity and vice-versa. Whereas we should be taking the best ideas from both sides and implementing them. Everyone has this mentality "Ok, let's fix America, as long as it doesn't affect my quality and standard of life"

- currently 1/2 of every tax dollar is spent on the military.  Any politician mentioning this will disappear faster than Uncle Joon in his mom's basement.

As Wiggs said, no politician can "fix" America.. it will take a complete breakdown and collapse before we accept change.

Dude, can't do this if you wanna be taken seriously.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2015, 05:30:25 PM »
Ann Coulter loves Bernie!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
You are that fucking stubborn in disagreeing with my point (which started off agreeing that he is an idiot but it is a political showpiece) that you have no problem contradicting yourself in the same sentence. You cannot be a doctor and not believe in science. That is what fucking witchdoctors and quacks do. He opened people's heads and fixed their brains. That is not easy, and requires scientific knowledge. Stop being such a stubborn cu nt and you might not get such abuse on the forum.
Oh Really moron?

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/050714/doctorsfaith--.shtml

Survey on physicians’ religious beliefs shows majority faithful
By John Easton
Medical Center Public Affairs

The first study of physician religious beliefs has found that 76 percent of doctors believe in God and 59 percent believe in some sort of afterlife. The survey, performed by researchers at the University and published in the July issue of the Journal of General Internal Medicine, found that 90 percent of doctors in the United States attend religious services at least occasionally, compared to 81 percent of all adults. Fifty-five percent of doctors say their religious beliefs influence how they practice medicine.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
Can't what?

Can't anything.

America sucks

Its a pimple on the ass of history.