Author Topic: Can Trump win?  (Read 14603 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Can Trump win?
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »
Would love to attend a gay wedding with you.  :P

:-*

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 01:14:33 AM »
Trump is killing everyone because people are sick of the pc crap. It's killing this country. I've said it loooooong ago. If you're in corporate America and you tell a female "that dress looks nice" or "you look nice today" you could find yourself fired and up on sexual harassment charges. It's that ridiculous.

Can't even say that a national tv anchor (presenter) must have been on her period without then being disinvited from a misogynist's right wing meet and greet.

(Trump, Megyn Kelly, Erick Erickson, RedState.com)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 02:29:07 AM »
how high are the Obama approval ratings right now?

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 03:52:18 AM »
Trump is capitalizing on the idiot base mobilized by the GOP in the past. It turns out these people are so crazy they cannot be controlled even by their own party.

the elections are largely decided by the public relations industry.  If the networks decide to get rid of him he will go away...so far this has not happened. enjoy the show.
"

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 04:29:38 AM »
Ive always liked Trump, have read some of his books, watched his shows etc... He is a great and successful businessman no doubt about it. And I was very excited to see him run as president, as he cuts through the bullshit and speaks the truth. He really does want to see America do great again, and I defintly think he could do it in many certain areas. But he is NOT Presidential material as he lacks class, integrity and most importantly - diplomacy. These are all very important qualites to have as a president, and Trump certaintly has none of them - which is sad, because if he did have them - he would do absolutely great!

My predictions is that Trump will never get the nominee, but being the stubborn man that he is - he will run as third party. He has A LOT of supporters, and who knows what will happen after that. In any case, I think Hillary will be the next president no matter what. Unless her popularity has gone down due to her dishonest actions and crimes, I think she has this in the box.

My 2 cents.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 04:35:08 AM »
Love Trump but I don't think he will win.
It's better to have Shill-ary winning so that the US collapses - after that it's time for a restart. I don't think that there's any candidate who wants to steer the sinking ship into another direction as they are indebted to big business and "philanthropists"/internationalists.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 05:17:53 AM »
Ive always liked Trump, have read some of his books, watched his shows etc... He is a great and successful businessman no doubt about it. And I was very excited to see him run as president, as he cuts through the bullshit and speaks the truth. He really does want to see America do great again, and I defintly think he could do it in many certain areas. But he is NOT Presidential material as he lacks class, integrity and most importantly - diplomacy. These are all very important qualites to have as a president, and Trump certaintly has none of them - which is sad, because if he did have them - he would do absolutely great!

My predictions is that Trump will never get the nominee, but being the stubborn man that he is - he will run as third party. He has A LOT of supporters, and who knows what will happen after that. In any case, I think Hillary will be the next president no matter what. Unless her popularity has gone down due to her dishonest actions and crimes, I think she has this in the box.

My 2 cents.

That is a pretty good summary, thank you. I have always liked him as well. Like most people, I think PC has gone too far. So let me tell you, the world is watching Trump with interest. I think he will have diplomacy when he needs it, should he get in.

Looking from a far, it would seem Obama got in because he got the black vote and obviously Hilary is milking the sisterhood to be the first female president.

Go Trump!

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2015, 05:47:40 AM »
Trump would be the absolute worst choice as President. He's already an egomaniac, imagine if he had the presidency....that would be dangerous.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »
Trump said he's now leading by triple digits. 
Um...

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 07:45:04 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:08 AM »
Can't even say that a national tv anchor (presenter) must have been on her period without then being disinvited from a misogynist's right wing meet and greet.

(Trump, Megyn Kelly, Erick Erickson, RedState.com)

But he didn't say that Tim.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »

coach,

do you believe that trump statement that he was talking about her 'nose' and not her period? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »
coach,

do you believe that trump statement that he was talking about her 'nose' and not her period? 

Why not? Why would I think otherwise? Because the media said so?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2015, 07:54:52 AM »

listen for yourself.  His inflection tells you exactly what his meaning was.  http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/08/politics/donald-trump-cnn-megyn-kelly-comment/

"Well, I just don’t respect her as a journalist. I have no respect for her. I don’t think she’s very good. I think she’s highly overrated. But when I came out there—you know, what am I doing, I’m not getting paid for this—I go out there, and you know, they start saying lift up your arm if you’re gonna… And you know I didn’t know there’d be 24 million people. I knew it was going to be a big crowd, because I get big crowds, I get ratings. They call me the ratings machine. And she gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You know, you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her (pause) wherever. In my opinion, she was off base. And by the way, not in my opinion—in the opinion of hundreds of thousands of people on Twitter because it has been a brutal day. In one way, a great day for Fox. In another way, in the Twittersphere, it’s been very bad, because she’s been very badly criticized. (Crosstalk) Hey, she’s a lightweight. I couldn’t care less about her. In fact, you’re competing against her and I’m doing your show."

as far as Erick Erickson

you have to love the irony of erick erickson disinviting Trump when Erickson has said the worst things about women - never dull, huh? - Greta Van Susteren.

https://twitter.com/greta/status/630378347328094208

that's the thing. the media may alert us to some thing, but most of us then go and find the original information and judge for ourselves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2015, 07:59:30 AM »

a lot of people that aren't in the media thought so too.   Believe me, I'm loving trump being in the race just cause it's so interesting.  I don't want him to leave in disgrace in August 2015, I want to see him entertaining us all the way to the ballots.

I guess what I'm saying is... if I had to bet the rent check on "nose" or a period reference, the common sense side of me says trump was making a period joke.  He used the wink/nod method, and he didn't use the word 'vagina'.   But I highly doubt the word 'nose' somehow eluded a man as loquacious as trump.  He's great with words, and when he uses 'whatever', it's because he wants to imply something, not because he cannot recall the word.

Surely, I like trump in the race, if only to call out the idiots like perry trying to be Tea Party RINOs.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 08:04:12 AM »
listen for yourself.  His inflection tells you exactly what his meaning was.  http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/08/politics/donald-trump-cnn-megyn-kelly-comment/

Tim,

There are some getbiggers on the political board (not coach) that still believe Herman Cain was framed by 14 women for sexual harassment.  Some still believe he only admitted it (when all the texts and receipts were produced) to protect the lying accuser.   Some still believe Clinton never got a BJ.  Some still believe Reagan *honestly* didn't remember all of those things with iran contra.

Trump could have pointed at his crotch and made a squishy noise with his mouth, but unless he uses the word "vagina", some folks will always stand by 'lawyerball' with how he didn't TECHNICALLY use the word, so...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »
Trump will start WW3. Can just picture him telling Putin or China's leader to shut up in some meeting while pointing at them. He will be assassinated if he by some fluke actually wins.

I'm hesitant to even say this as if it happens, this post is posted...
?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »
I think Trump could win.

We've seen crazier things before in US politics.

Jimmy Carter claimed to have seen a UFO and filed a complaint back in 1973.

Lyndon Johnson was known as a womanizing alcoholic.

Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and furthermore lied to the entire nation.

Abraham Lincoln was a hypocrite. He was against slavery, but stood firm on the notion that blacks should not have equal rights to whites.

Ronald Reagan was a fucking actor.

George Bush Jr. was the dumbest president in all of American history. He could barely develop coherent thoughts, let alone form sentences.

"1"

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2015, 08:21:55 AM »
I think Trump could win.

We've seen crazier things before in US politics.

Jimmy Carter claimed to have seen a UFO and filed a complaint back in 1973.

Lyndon Johnson was known as a womanizing alcoholic.

Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and furthermore lied to the entire nation.

Abraham Lincoln was a hypocrite. He was against slavery, but stood firm on the notion that blacks should not have equal rights to whites.

Ronald Reagan was a fucking actor.

George Bush Jr. was the dumbest president in all of American history. He could barely develop coherent thoughts, let alone form sentences.

"1"

This.

It's amazing how politics are so polarizing. It really seems as if people blindly support political  parties.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2015, 08:22:24 AM »
Nope, he has pissed off women, Latinos, and war vets.  :-\
A

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 08:24:22 AM »

they're allowed to vote???
?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
He won't win..
He won't get the republican party vote.. nomination...
Even if he could win the popular vote..
He won't get the electoral vote.. similar to AL Gore..
Trump is too much of a ego maniac..
Him in power will be the extinction of the human race..
He would probably start a nuclear war when he offends Russia, China, Iran or north Korea... :-X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:56 AM »

Trump can win the nomination despite this.  He has a huge base of supporters that didn't serve, that hate mexicans, that think period jokes are funny.  And "some men just want to watch the world burn - they'd rather see a crazy ex-lib call names and throw verbal bombs, than 10 lawyers onstage debating legislation politely.

Polls show he is HUGELY unpopular with moderates/ independents/ swing voters.   BUT he is still very popular with the BASE of the republican party.  And he can spend a billion dollars on advertising, or just plain paying people to show up in close states to vote for his ass lol.  His "get out the vote" campaign can be epic.  And, the other sane (yet less interesting) candidates have to split up the vote.  Trump gets ALL of the crazy vote, and the base of either party is pretty crazy at times.

Trump CAN win this nomination before his inevitable self-destruction.  Bill Clinton encouraged Trump to run, and now we see why.  heavyweight Jeb should be shitting all over hilary in speeches, but he's too busy defending himself against low-blow Trump attacks.

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 09:25:27 AM »

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 09:31:54 AM »
No way would Trump be accepted at world meetings between other presidents, it's laughable to even think about it.

In the past decades other "world leaders" never had any problems shaking hands and doing business with human rights violating dictators who robbed and tortured their own population....

Compared to them, Trump is a choirboy