Author Topic: Here's how it would be if 240 were Police Commisioner  (Read 347 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Here's how it would be if 240 were Police Commisioner
« on: August 14, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
Easy to kick back and play Monday Morning QB behind your keyboard, Rob.

In real life, "life or death" is a split second decision.

Pistol-whipped detective says he didn't shoot attacker because of headlines

A Birmingham, Alabama, police detective who was pistol-whipped unconscious said Friday that he hesitated to use force because he didn't want to be accused of needlessly killing an unarmed man.

"A lot of officers are being too cautious because of what's going on in the media," said the officer, who asked to remain anonymous for the safety of his family. "I hesitated because I didn't want to be in the media like I am right now."

Details of last week's incident in the Birmingham enclave of Roebuck remain sketchy -- such as how did the suspect get the officer's weapon -- but the six-year police veteran said he didn't shoot the man who attacked him during a traffic stop because of the outcry surrounding a spate of police shootings nationally.

"We don't want to be in the media," he said. "It's hard times right now for us."

Fallen officers: Separated by thousands of miles, united by similar dangers

Heath Boackle, a sergeant with the Birmingham Police Department and president of the city's Fraternal Order of Police, said Thursday that cops are "walking on eggshells because of how they're scrutinized in the media."

"We should be thanking the good Lord because he could be dead right now.," Boackle said of the detective who was beaten.

Police Chief A.C. Roper sees the episode -- as well as the reaction, including celebratory and vitriolic comments posted online alongside images of the wounded officer -- as symptomatic of a larger problem, in which some don't respect law enforcement.

"The nobility and integrity of policing has been challenged," Roper said. "As a profession, we have allowed popular culture to draft a narrative which is contrary to the amazing work that so many officers are doing everyday across this nation."

Detective struck with his own weapon

The incident occurred last Friday when the detective was on his way to interview a robbery witness and saw a car that was carrying at least two people traveling erratically on the interstate, according to police.

"He calls for backup and tells the man to stay in the car, but he didn't," Boackle told CNN in a phone interview. "The last thing the officer remembers is getting sucker-punched in a parking lot. The next thing, he's waking up in a hospital bed with staples in his head."

According to Boackle, the detective spoke to Janard Cunningham, who was sitting the car. The detective decided to call for backup so that he could continue his robbery investigation while another officer handled the traffic stop.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Here's how it would be if 240 were Police Commisioner
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »
"such as how did the suspect get the officer's weapon" and "the last thing he remembers is getting sucker punched" =
This tells me he turned his back to the bad guys.  They train TEACHERS to keep head on swivel, never take head off class.  You have a car full of bad guys swerving, you've already called in backup... and you don't even see the bad guy coming. 

Wow.  That cop needs to get in the gym, get some training.  If bad guys are disarming him, I think he may want to think about things.  Like keeping his eyes on the bad guys.

I'm sorry if cops are really being careful about when they'll end human lives, but a little concerned this wasn't as much as a priority before, when they didn't have scrutiny for it.   

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »
See, see! Neither person died in this altercation because this cop took the ass whooping he's supposed to!  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 05:54:07 PM »
"such as how did the suspect get the officer's weapon" and "the last thing he remembers is getting sucker punched" =
This tells me he turned his back to the bad guys.  They train TEACHERS to keep head on swivel, never take head off class.  You have a car full of bad guys swerving, you've already called in backup... and you don't even see the bad guy coming. 

Wow.  That cop needs to get in the gym, get some training.  If bad guys are disarming him, I think he may want to think about things.  Like keeping his eyes on the bad guys.

I'm sorry if cops are really being careful about when they'll end human lives, but a little concerned this wasn't as much as a priority before, when they didn't have scrutiny for it.   

::)

You'd take a knife to the throat within the first week on the job with your naive line of reasoning with these animals out here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 05:59:46 PM »
Cop turned back to bad guy.   Think about that.  You don't balame roads when truck drivers fall asleep at the wheel.  That's what happened here.  Cop never saw punch?  He took eyes off bad guys for a few seconds there.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
Cop turned back to bad guy.   Think about that.  You don't balame roads when truck drivers fall asleep at the wheel.  That's what happened here.  Cop never saw punch?  He took eyes off bad guys for a few seconds there.

Drain the clip.

Eliminate the threat.

Pot roast by 6:30 that evening.

This scumbag should be serving 50 years minimum.