Author Topic: Hardwork Bobby Walker  (Read 3651 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Hardwork Bobby Walker
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »
Read Jerichos first book again and recalled his stories about Bobby trying to get his character over by offering management story lines and angles that he knew was "revolutionary and everyone wanted to see".  Jericho spoke of a couple and I remember hearing the stories from Kidman, Sick boy, Johnny Swinger, Perry Saturn and a couple others back when I lived in Atlanta.

Some of his ideas was becoming "Stang", which was the complete opposite of Sting.  A black ruler breaker.  Whatever color Sting painted his face for the night, he would do in opposite colors.

The Detroit Doberman.  Tag team partner to British Bulldog.  He would wear tan/brown pants and elbow pads, and dye his hair tan.  Cause you know dobermans are black and brown.

The Hardwork Match.   A match that was a mix of three different ones.  Battle Royal, four corners match and a **insert object here** on a pole match.  (Like contract on a pole, coal miners glove on a pole, belt on a pole, etc..).   But in this case it was a pinata.  You had to throw your opponent over the top rope (battle royal aspect), while they were outside of the ring, you had to go to all four corners where a pinata on a pole was in each, climb the corner and bust open the pinata in all four corners to win. 

Changing his name to "Dark" and teaming with Big Van Vader as a team called ..... wait for it......   Dark Vader.   He argued that people in the South don't say "Darth", but pronounce it as "Dark".  So there would be no copyright issue since they would not be Darth Vader, but Dark Vader based on the Southern accent.

More examples... but you get the picture.  Just wanted to share.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Hardwork Bobby Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »
GEEZUS...

How did he NOT get over with those gems?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 06:49:34 PM »
GEEZUS...

How did he NOT get over with those gems?

White man keeping him down   Hence the lawsuit he filed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 02:17:57 AM »
White man keeping him down   Hence the lawsuit he filed.

Was he part of the group that tried suing WCW for not pushing minorities?

I remember that, right after that, WCW made Booker T. champion, gave Stevie Ray an announce job, etc.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »
Wasn't Ron Simmons WCW Champ at some point?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
Wasn't Ron Simmons WCW Champ at some point?

YES!!
He held the "temporary" belt that was issued while Flair had the big gold belt on WWF TV.

I believe the belt used in the match where he originally won it was a Florida Championship Wrestling title that Dusty Rhodes owned and "lent" to WCW. I think they fixed a nameplate with tape to it. Turner soon had a new belt made; it wasn't a very good looking belt.

I used to know and remember most of the complex chronology of the NWA/WCW title. Stress, alcohol, and age have impaired my powers of recall.