Author Topic: #blacklivesmatter stirring the shit  (Read 9035 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: #blacklivesmatter stirring the shit
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »
No question that Asians too have had difficulty. The difference is where I stated previously.

The Asian communities promote hard work, studiousness, and family... This is where the black community fails and fails terribly.

I am not saying that the black communities can not do better, certainly they must or they will continue to have these issues, but what I'm saying is that I don't believe that it's at all right for a person whose family and lineage has meant that they have never had to endure any type of oppression to promote a blanket statement saying that the other side (in this instance blacks) are to blame for all their problems, when systematically, for centuries, that group has had to fight constantly just to remain on somewhat equal footing.

Have other groups had to fight? Surely... Irish, Asians... other groups I'm certain, but has any group in this country ever had to fight against blatant racism in this country of the US more than the black populace?

I would say not... no one.

Sure, groups have been kept down, but no group has been kept down more than the black community.

This is not a giving the black community a pass. I would expect that by now, everyone here knows my background and how I personally can not stand anyone in the black community to use racism as an excuse for not succeeding.

My mother didn't use it and she married a white guy in the south in the 70s. My grandmother didn't use it and she lived in the deep south, owning many successful businesses and living a great life.

I believe that surely racism is alive and well in the US (and many other places on the planet as well) and I also believe that the black community should look into their own communities and people and say we will not stand for this bullshit among ourselves... Become a part of the productive world at large, or you're nothing.

The issues with the black community in regards to "babies mommas and daddies" and lack of initiative to work are huge issues and are not the fault of the "white man".

Saying otherwise is just false.

True leaders of the black community such as MLK Jr. and the like would never want to see what all of their hard work has turned in to and that is a sad statement of the community.

Hate to say, but I firmly believe MLK would be Uncle Tommed today by his people. His 'Dream' is in direct opposition to the hate-fueled 'gimme' approach employed by today's activists/movements.

He wanted us to ignore skin, focusing solely on character instead; color means EVERYTHING now, merit be damned. Sad, hopeless state, you ask me. Gonna bow out now before ugliness ensues, thanks for a civil back and forth.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2015, 10:48:49 PM »
Hate to say, but I firmly believe MLK would be Uncle Tommed today by his people. His 'Dream' is in direct opposition to the hate-fueled 'gimme' approach employed by today's activists/movements.

He wanted us to ignore skin, focusing solely on character instead; color means EVERYTHING now, merit be damned. Sad, hopeless state, you ask me. Gonna bow out now before ugliness ensues, thanks for a civil back and forth.

I agree with the Uncle Tommed statement.

Did you see the episode of The Boondocks where MLK came back?

It was extremely accurate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »
Accurate?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »
Accurate?

Partially. The problem with several blackliesmatter supporters is that they think only blacks have issues with police, that whites are never killed by cops and that white (or non black) people getting killed is not a problem and it just undermines their "issues". And that is why they stick with "blacklivesmatter" because they only pretend to care about blacks (while ignoring black on black crime) and are just as hypocritical as those who are described in the image above.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Partially. The problem with several blackliesmatter supporters is that they think only blacks have issues with police, that whites are never killed by cops and that white (or non black) people getting killed is not a problem and it just undermines their "issues". And that is why they stick with "blacklivesmatter" because they only pretend to care about blacks (while ignoring black on black crime) and are just as hypocritical as those who are described in the image above.

Surely everyone has issues with police, and it's fair to mention, but the percentages of black people killed by police vs. white people killed by police are extremely skewed to one direction.

Also, while black on black crime is surely a problem and that's a problem, white on white crime is just as bad really. Most white people are killed by white people, just like most black people are killed by black people.

Now, if you want to say there are issues with the black community, absolutely, but they are not issues related to government or "the man" so to speak. They are issues that need to be resolved inside of the black community and they DO need to be resolved.

Still, they are two different things and are not really related.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
when i was young and poor, cops fcked with me when I was stopped for simple traffic violations.

now that i'm older and less broke, they're very respectful when stopping me.   I'm a working man who looks them in the eye, carries the permit (good guy card!) for 19 years now.  I'm the perfect freakin law abiding citizen.  When a light burns out or whatever, they never give a ticket.  When I was young, they'd look for little things.  Maybe they know older people will call their attorney and have their asses on the news lol.

I think they judge all young and/or poor folks with that same mindset.  A 19 year old white Eminem looking kid will get hassled, and a 60 year old black Colin Powell will not.