Author Topic: Aaron Baker's 'healing adventure'  (Read 15417 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Aaron Baker's 'healing adventure'
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:13:48 AM »
From the Youtube page,

Pro Bodybuilder and Former Mr. USA Aaron Baker saw my videos along with Pete Cabrera's on Youtube. Aaron sought me out and asked to train with me in my street healing ministry. We met another man who wanted to learn named Steve and took the love and power of Jesus to Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood Washington.

"Stiffness, go away" :D ::)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Aaron Baker's 'healing adventure'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 06:26:17 AM »
More than likely someone will find him hanging from a ceiling before too long. Poor bastard. And I'm not being a dick, either. This type of religious tomfoolery, when it applies to someone like Aaron, usually means he's struggling mightily.

When any attempt towards an oasis within reality fails, a great many turn to sky gods and superstition.

I've always liked Baker. Met him once or twice. And I vividly recall seeing him standing, forlorn and alone, eating a bagel or some shit, outside a hotel in Manhattan very early on the morning after an IFBB contest, where he once again had been shafted. My friend and I actually commented to each other how dejected and sad he appeared.

At least he appears to be off the shit (or any appreciable amount) and physically well (no way to know what state are his innards).

I wish him the best.

P.S. Religion of any kind makes me fume with rage.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 06:28:38 AM »
thats not right, they gonna bring a lot of people outta business if they start healing people all over  >:(

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:32:27 AM »
Religion of any kind makes me fume with rage.

I have a simple question that I hope doesn't offend you:  why? 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 06:35:09 AM »

It promotes people into a type of gradual brainwashing that leads to delusion and eventual chronic mental illness.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »

"Steve prays for people. And God heals them."

Thoughts, MoS?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
It promotes people into a type of gradual brainwashing that leads to delusion and eventual chronic mental illness.

To be fair, you could apply the same logic to any widely held 'view about God/afterlife' then, right?

Any loosely affiliated group who hold similar beliefs (Atheists as a basic example), would be networking socially within that group, listening to opinions from within that group (even from influential movie directors, or T.V. script writers for example) and according to your line of thinking, become brainwashed also.

Uncle Joon

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 06:44:00 AM »
To be fair, you could apply the same logic to any widely held 'view about God/afterlife' then, right?

Any loosely affiliated group who hold similar beliefs (Atheists as a basic example), would be networking socially within that group, listening to opinions from within that group (even from influential movie directors, or T.V. script writers for example) and according to your line of thinking, become brainwashed also.

shut up

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 06:46:06 AM »

true but you better shut up  ;)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 06:46:23 AM »
 8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 06:48:28 AM »
Oh boy.

Strange, if he "healed" these people on the street, why doesn't he go to the childrens cancer or AIDS wards in hospitals and cure them?  ??? ??? ???

Instead, he goes on the street and finds people with minor ailments, touches them, and they say they feel better. And this is "evidence" that they were healed? Religious people will believe just about anything. I wonder how these people felt a day or a week later? Were they still healed?  ::) ::) ::) ::)

There is another video where a guy has one leg 2 inches longer than the other one. They pray for his other leg to grow, and claim that his leg grew 2 inches just by praying haha lol.

The delusion is strong in these videos.
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 06:50:57 AM »

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 07:05:16 AM »
Dude looks at least 20 years younger than he is. The power of Him is supreme!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
Here's a tidbit-

In 1979, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina Aaron Baker won the Teenage Mr. Tarhill Bodybuilding title. Who took 4th place in the same show?
a

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 09:29:50 AM »
Has he ever addressed his sexuality?
?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 09:32:13 AM »
Has he ever addressed his sexuality?

The guy who placed 4th or Aaron?
a

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »
The guy who placed 4th or Aaron?

LOL!
But you wonder why a gay person like him or Kai don't win shows as it takes a very "open mind" to be a pro... Yet the openly gay guys like Paris always got shafted.

I don't get it.
?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
"Why is the ceiling spinning?"

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:01 AM »

"Stiffness, go away" :D ::)

The kind of healing a schmoe does not care about.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 09:41:15 AM »
LOL!
But you wonder why a gay person like him or Kai don't win shows as it takes a very "open mind" to be a pro... Yet the openly gay guys like Paris always got shafted.

I don't get it.

It's weird, Brother Baker was banging a really hot Swedish girl for years in Venice. I knew him well and never, not one single time, saw him with a dude.  I do however understand the "rumors."
a

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
It's weird, Brother Baker was banging a really hot Swedish girl for years in Venice. I knew him well and never, not one single time, saw him with a dude.  I do however understand the "rumors."

Rumors don't start for nothing man! I'm like a vampire who can just tell and scope out gays by pics or whatnot. Having been annoyed by them most my life (they just love me, even on dating sites recently, got lots of requests, lol..) and I just know man.

He's gay.

It's ok, Aaron, it's 2015 now, time to come out of the closet brother. The longer you stay in there, the more rediculous you look...
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:43 AM »

LOL, exactly.   You said it better than I would've.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
Rumors don't start for nothing man! I'm like a vampire who can just tell and scope out gays by pics or whatnot. Having been annoyed by them most my life (they just love me, even on dating sites recently, got lots of requests, lol..) and I just know man.

He's gay.

It's ok, Aaron, it's 2015 now, time to come out of the closet brother. The longer you stay in there, the more rediculous you look...

Oh, I am NOT betting against you.
a

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
Oh, I am NOT betting against you.

Ha, always safe to bet on the joker!
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
"Steve prays for people. And God heals them."

Thoughts, MoS?

Honest answer, I don't know.

I certainly believe God heals folks, but the healing ministries I can't fully speak to.  

Benny Hinn, Todd White, the African healing ministry, etc.....I've listed to Todd in particular and he has a genuine love and zeal for God and loving people....it's infectious.

Benny Hinn and his "catchers" seems like ridiculous, charlatan nonsense as does the African healing ministry (see on youtube).  This is also obviously faked.  

Is God working through him on the streets to heal others?  I can neither confirm or deny it.....I don't know.

Some argue that the gifts of tongues and healing were meant only for Christ's apostles....that it doesn't extend into the modern church.   I've listened to both sides of the debate and my conclusion is that I just don't know.

I can tell you that the consensus of modern apologists either say the healing ministries are false or they simply don't know.  I don't know any that confirms it as the genuine article.

Always comes back to "if God is healing folks why doesn't he regrow amputated limbs?"   Who says he doesn't?  I don't know all cases in all of history.

I can say God does heal because.....well.....he healed me in a powerful experience I've shared elsewhere on GB.  He healed my father as well.  Why didn't he heal the guy next door?  I don't know.  

Todd White posits that he's been unable to heal amputees on the street because perhaps his faith isn't strong enough.  Yet he claims to have see crippled folks be instantly healed and get out of wheel chairs in plain sight on the street because of God working through him as vessel of healing power.

Folks in Christ's time on earth saw him heal others before their eyes and still deny him.....fact is it's a hard sell.

Another group of Christian apologists claim to have witnessed the instantaneous regrowth of a severed ear on a mission trip.  The ear didn't grow completely back, but partially and almost instantly before there eyes.  I have no reason to doubt these folks because they're highly respected Christian apologist/theologians who are skeptics in regard to healing ministries yet they experienced this.  Some of them said that perhaps the body underwent some "spontaneous regeneration that medical science doesn't understand yet".

Again, I just don't know.....probably won't ever know.  Sorry.  :-\