Author Topic: how much cardio do you guys do?  (Read 12241 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: how much cardio do you guys do?
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 01:32:58 PM »
I do the precor/stairmaster/elliptical. Never used to do it and hated doing it. Now I do it because I am married and makes it easier to diet as it helps to burn off some extra calories. Hard for me to be too "restrictive" when eating her food as I don't want her to feel disappointed, etc.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
I do the precor/stairmaster/elliptical. Never used to do it and hated doing it. Now I do it because I am married and makes it easier to diet as it helps to burn off some extra calories. Hard for me to be too "restrictive" when eating her food as I don't want her to feel disappointed, etc.

Oh poor you, you have someone to make you food! No complaining man, never had a woman make food for me!!!
?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »
Oh poor you, you have someone to make you food! No complaining man, never had a woman make food for me!!!
Haha, I guess it could came across that way. I should have said its too good to pass up and I don't have the willpower in me anymore to do that so do cardio to make up for it.
Definitely not complaining. Nice to not have to come home and make stuff up (though I do help out often as well).

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »
I almost never do cardio.

It's a bad habit i know but as long as I can weight train 4 or 5 times a week and eat fairly clean and I can see/feel my abs then I consider cardio a waste of time.

I just find it too boring - can't use the treadmill in the gym anymore as I zone out after about 15 mins and the only time I do anything that remotely resembles cardio is when I decide to walk to the shops for groceries (40 min round trip) instead of taking my car. And I'll probably do that once every two weeks.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
Haha, I guess it could came across that way. I should have said its too good to pass up and I don't have the willpower in me anymore to do that so do cardio to make up for it.
Definitely not complaining. Nice to not have to come home and make stuff up (though I do help out often as well).

I've always been tha cook... Not that I make fancy stuff, just don't like relying on others as they fail me way too often.
?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »
not much... sometimes rowing machine. 3-4 1km sprints

everytime I do cario I feel like it's a braindead timeconsuming activity and I could be doing better things with my time

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2015, 03:01:29 PM »
eat a bit less and get a life.

have you seen his pics?

dude comes is RIPPED AND DRY

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »

Yeah - once you find your comfort zone with stride etc and reach the point where it's automatic and you're just kind of floating, it's great.  And the endorphin rush is real.

Do you get this rush every time?

I first discovered it recently.  It was like a revelation!  But then, I think I pushed too far... the effect diminished the more I upped the mileage.  Eventually I had too much anxiety to get past the beginning phase -- the thought of another run or hours long bike ride made me sick.

I also found it a little difficult to balance so much cardio with weights.  Do you do traditional bodybuilding/powerlifting style weight training as well?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2015, 05:59:44 PM »
grape ape i was the same way i fucking hated it.

about 7 weeks ago i was like i need to try this im up to 4 miles  a day when i run    i actually like it now.

i remember marvin hagler used to run in his combat boots  because it was harder -fuck i couldnt imagine that .

You can get away with that when you're young. Once you hit middle age, things like running on hard surfaces and poor biomechanics start to catch up with you.

I currently run twice a week. One run is about 3 miles with some speed work and sprints mixed in. The other is about 5 miles of jogging. Three times a week is hard if you do a bodybuilding leg day one a week. You'll either be running the day before or after squats.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »
lizzay i totally agree i cut back this week. myself

i also must concur you have to be on mentally to run, or jog, like you have to be wenting to do it. if not it is miserable

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »
I run 40 miles a week on average.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 08:37:58 PM »
lizzay i totally agree i cut back this week. myself

i also must concur you have to be on mentally to run, or jog, like you have to be wenting to do it. if not it is miserable

I got a feeling you've watched "catch me if you can" recently.
?

Simple Simon

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 10:46:21 PM »
have you seen his pics?

dude comes is RIPPED AND DRY
I have seen his pics and know how ripped he gets, doesnt alter the fact cardio burns calories and eating less reduces calories.

End result is less bodyfat in both cases.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2015, 01:13:12 AM »
I have seen his pics and know how ripped he gets, doesnt alter the fact cardio burns calories and eating less reduces calories.

End result is less bodyfat in both cases.

100% Whatever method used - energy restriction or expenditure - Depending on the goal..Everyone will have to feel uncomfortable, and be accustom to SUFFER/feeling hungry/tired/miserable/moody etc. and be consistently disciplined enough for LONG periods of time to get to that crazy condition (I'm talking striated glutes here not a 6 pack - that’s like "level 1" LOL) no way around that! damn I had times I felt like I was going to have a break down, fragile and questioning myself is this worth it etc. anyone can restrict calories for a few days -- but it's the relentless weeks upon weeks upon months with all of life’s pressures (admin, work, relationships etc.) it does get easier as you become accustom to it but this is what makes most people cave in eventually - very small % of people have the "mental toughness" to endure to very low levels of bodyfat right to the end and for long peroids of time - I'm talking like sub 3-4% here

Simple Simon

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 01:22:09 AM »
100% Whatever method used - energy restriction or expenditure - Depending on the goal..Everyone will have to feel uncomfortable, and be accustom to SUFFER/feeling hungry/tired/miserable/moody etc. and be consistently disciplined enough for LONG periods of time to get to that crazy condition (I'm talking striated glutes here not a 6 pack - that’s like "level 1" LOL) no way around that! damn I had times I felt like I was going to have a break down, fragile and questioning myself is this worth it etc. anyone can restrict calories for a few days -- but it's the relentless weeks upon weeks upon months with all of life’s pressures (admin, work, relationships etc.) it does get easier as you become accustom to it but this is what makes most people cave in eventually - very small % of people have the "mental toughness" to endure to very low levels of bodyfat right to the end and for long peroids of time - I'm talking like sub 3-4% here

I have never seen anyone sub 3-4%, you carry that amount of fat around your organs.

Guys have had dexa scans looking shredded and it comes up 8%

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 02:09:06 AM »
To you guys that can go longer than 20 for cardio at the gym, how do you do it mentally? I start getting super bored, to the point of just clock watching and hoping off at then 20min. Id like to be able to hit 45 on the treasmill or stepper but i lose patience
Get outside that´s my advice.. I run at a good clip for about 45-60 mins. Can´t say i´m bored because i´m looking around me and running at a good pace . I think of other things too and i find problems become clearer in my mind. Depending where you live run on the streets or like Oldtimer at the beach and see some Girls ;D

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2015, 02:33:04 AM »
I watch videos on youtube at my tablet and that helps me a lot mentally.

But the best is that the results motivates you to do it... to kee going...

P.S. It's only gay if you wanted to be, but the stairmaster works perfectly on hamstrings. It helps to make them "long" (it's not the right term, but I don't know a better work to translate it from Greek) and ripped.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:45 AM »
I have never seen anyone sub 3-4%, you carry that amount of fat around your organs.

Guys have had dexa scans looking shredded and it comes up 8%

??? what % do you think I was here...lol doubt "8%" man..had no padding under my feet, could not sit on a hard chair, hips popped and crunched when I walked..could feel the tendons swopping - was freaky! at least sub 5%?

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:05 AM »
Dry, dry and dry!!!

This is not only the low fat, but the right low amount of water!!!

Tis is the best of me at 71 kgs, 180m tall. 7-8% holding a tone of water.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2015, 04:22:59 AM »
Competitors..how much do you getting ready for a show? What for general health?

15 minutes hiit + 20 minutes steady state, before i eat any carbs.

60 - 80 minutes of weight training followed by another 20 minutes of steady state.

5 days a week and i'm actually trying to put on weight.

eating 8 clean meals a day though 4k - 5k kcal, could easily eat more, see how it goes.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2015, 04:24:13 AM »
Lots of ripped fucking Getbiggers ITT. Props!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2015, 04:29:52 AM »
I almost never do cardio.

It's a bad habit i know but as long as I can weight train 4 or 5 times a week and eat fairly clean and I can see/feel my abs then I consider cardio a waste of time.

I just find it too boring - can't use the treadmill in the gym anymore as I zone out after about 15 mins and the only time I do anything that remotely resembles cardio is when I decide to walk to the shops for groceries (40 min round trip) instead of taking my car. And I'll probably do that once every two weeks.

Opposite for me. I much prefer the treadmill. I despise being distracted when running and outside there'll be too many of those. I get into a nice rhythm, music on and I zone out. Before you know it 40min is up and I'm the fuck outta there.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2015, 04:32:01 AM »
Dry, dry and dry!!!

This is not only the low fat, but the right low amount of water!!!

Tis is the best of me at 71 kgs, 180m tall. 7-8% holding a tone of water.

Drug protocol to get that lean?

Looks peeled dude.

Simple Simon

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2015, 04:36:38 AM »
??? what % do you think I was here...lol doubt "8%" man..had no padding under my feet, could not sit on a hard chair, hips popped and crunched when I walked..could feel the tendons swopping - was freaky! at least sub 5%?

I have seen your pics before that is indeed low body fat, I stil dont think its under 3%
As I said before you have internal viceral fat around the organs.

Oh and if you ate normally after that show and blew up with 15lbs of water people would say you were 8-10% by looking at you when in reality you BF would be lower
The drier you are the higher your BF% becomes in relation to your overall bodyweight.   ;)

Uncle Joon

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2015, 04:38:18 AM »
I have seen your pics before that is indeed low body fat, I stil dont think its under 3%
As I said before you have internal viceral fat around the organs.

Oh and if you ate normally after that show and blew up with 15lbs of water people would say you were 8-10% by looking at you when in reality you BF would be lower
The drier you are the higher your BF% becomes in relation to your overall bodyweight.   ;)

Great post, spot on, there is a man who ACTUALLY knows his shit