Author Topic: Adonis Principles came way before stupid IIFYM, Flexible Dieting and other crap  (Read 7567 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
If a calorie was just a calorie then I would react exactly the same with a bar of chocolate as I would with a potato if the cals where the same.
I dont, so they are not.

There's two different issues at play: Body Composition and Nutritional Value.

From a nutritional standpoint, the potato would be the better option. However, if you swapped a potato with a chocolate bar, or some kind of processed food of equal calories, your body composition would remain the same.

Simple Simon

From a nutritional standpoint, the potato would be the better option. However, if you swapped a potato with a chocolate bar, or some kind of processed food of equal calories, your body composition would remain the same.
Replace all complex carbs in your diet with refined sugar of equal calories then get back to me in 2 months and tell me if you body looks the same.

Oh, and if you are a fat fuck then its likely not going to be that obvious, if you are in any kind of shape it will be.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Case in point lol.

Adam fully agrees with what you are saying, and he also chooses what foods he is going to eat based on more than just 'taste' and 'deliciousness', although he'd like to have us think otherwise.

When he says 'a calorie us just a calorie' he is talking about the unit of measurement, not the cause and effect in different subjects with different calorie sources.

But a calorie isn't a calorie.

When I did triathlons the swim was 1.5k the bike was 40k and the run was 10k....a km is NOT a km here, because if I had to swim 40km as opposed to 1.5k half the field would have drowned from exhaustion.
S

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV

This , tried it myself

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Replace all complex carbs in your diet with refined sugar of equal calories then get back to me in 2 months and tell me if you body looks the same.

Oh, and if you are a fat fuck then its likely not going to be that obvious, if you are in any kind of shape it will be.

Exactly. Insulin is a powerful hormone, and blood sugar levels are MASSIVE factors in how much fat you may store from eating the SAME amount of carbohydrate (in kcal value) verses table sugar.

The calorie is still a calorie. But the physiological processes that are altered, just by different carb sources are not all and the same.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
So.. it basically makes no sense to say that shit (a calorie is a calorie) when we talk about nutrition and body composition as plenty of other factors are at play. I actually have no idea what the fuss was always about regarding that.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
 ;) There's nothing new under the sun...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
If a calorie was just a calorie then I would react exactly the same with a bar of chocolate as I would with a potato if the cals where the same.
I dont, so they are not.

Well, I assume the reason your body is reacting differently to foods has nothing to do with the calories, but more to do with what is or isn't in the food. A bar of chocolate and a piece of broccoli both contain calories, but it's all the other healthy stuff that exists in broccoli and is absent in chocolate that makes you feel the difference. Not because it's a different type of calorie. No?
X

Simple Simon

Well, I assume the reason your body is reacting differently to foods has nothing to do with the calories, but more to do with what is or isn't in the food. A bar of chocolate and a piece of broccoli both contain calories, but it's all the other healthy stuff that exists in broccoli and is absent in chocolate that makes you feel the difference. Not because it's a different type of calorie. No?

Exactly.
My veins blow up like ballons with a piece of chocolate but stay the same with a potato.
My body is processing the chocolate way faster than the spud.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

They're both converted to glucose and susequently stored as glycogen. So, the end result is the same.

The Insulin argument holds no water either. Insulin just determines how fast or slowly the carbs or fats are stored. The amount remains the same.

The difference is in nutritional value.

Simple Simon

They're both converted to glucose and susequently stored as glycogen. So, the end result is the same.

The Insulin argument holds no water either. Insulin just determines how fast or slowly the carbs or fats are stored. The amount remains the same.

The difference is in nutritional value.
Stop telling me what science says and do what I asked.

ritch

• Getbig V
All I can say is I've helped lots of people who WEREN'T getting results following methods very similar to what I'm reading here.

People need structure. Putting off proper nutrition to "any time it suits you" is a great way to not do it today, then probably fail again at it the next.

But some have gotten results. However, pics snapped when you're peaking with glucose, did pump up sets don't really display how you look the rest of the time now, does it? And we all know ya look so much bigger in bathroom selfies. All nice and close to the mirror makes anyone look dramatically bigger.

So keep fooling a few gullable turds here and there with that BS, guys like myself know what the real deal is.
?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Eat like a bodybuilder = look like a bodybuilder.

I know Adam disagrees,but I`d never try his methods.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
"If I fucked your mother" as in "If I fucked your mother this is what she'd cook me afterwards."

That's what I got.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Eat like a bodybuilder = look like a bodybuilder.

I know Adam disagrees,but I`d never try his methods.

Yeh I think the same, no need to reinvent the wheel..

ritch

• Getbig V
Yeh I think the same, no need to reinvent the wheel..

What he said is too logical for most to understand.

Here's what I'D DO if I were starting out. Keep an open mind to stuff like this but build your base off stuff that is proven to work. When you get close to your ideal look, THEN start playing around with this garbage.

When you see you begin to degrade, go back to what was working and got you there. Simple...
?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Where did I say it was normal to count calories.
I dont count calories, I eat what I like and use the mirror, if I want to lose weight I drop carbs, its that simple. don't like the way I look, I just use more steroids.
I could do it by skipping a meal or eating smaller portions, people are fat because they eat too much and people are skinny because they dont eat enough.
Fixed for accuracy in your case.

Simple Simon

Fixed for accuracy in your case.
I will wager I use less than 99% of the people on this board who use.

Seems you think that someone who stays in shape year round has to be using high dosages of gear.
Its not your fault your genetics suck.

And can you explain how steroids help you lose weight in a calorific excess?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I will wager I use less than 99% of the people on this board who use.

Seems you think that someone who stays in shape year round has to be using high dosages of gear.
Its not your fault your genetics suck.

And can you explain how steroids help you lose weight in a calorific excess?
You can't do any of it without them. 

Simple Simon

You can't do any of it without them. 
It would appear neither can you.
 ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
It would appear neither can you.
 ;)
If thats what you have to tell yourself cupcake.

Truth is, I am not interested in ever using steroids.  Hard for people who rely on them (people like you) to believe.

I know.  Deal. With. It.

Simple Simon

If thats what you have to tell yourself cupcake.

Truth is, I am not interested in ever using steroids.  Hard for people who rely on them (people like you) to believe.

I know.  Deal. With. It.

Strange response, I didnt accuse you of taking steroids, I was talking about staying in shape year round naturally.

Nice to know how your mind works though.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
;) There's nothing new under the sun...

Spot on

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
I saw just recently a report on the news here about a trainer who said he just ate Baked Beans all the time, sometimes with other things but mainly just Beans... i am sure he was from the UK. Jeez.. his farting must be terrible :-X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master