Author Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL: Trump will raise taxes on the rich.  (Read 1281 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IT'S OFFICIAL: Trump will raise taxes on the rich.
« on: August 23, 2015, 03:27:11 PM »
"Conservative" Getbiggers that support him prepare to to their third 180 this month.

Trump says tax code is letting hedge funds 'get away with murder'

Source: Reuters

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump blasted hedge fund managers on Sunday as mere "paper pushers" who he said were "getting away with murder" by not paying their fair share of taxes.

In a telephone interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Trump vowed to reform the tax laws if elected and said the current system was harming middle class Americans who currently faced higher tax rates than traders on Wall Street.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," Trump said.

"They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them - they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, ok?"

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-tax-code-letting-hedge-funds-away-155930927--sector.html

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: IT'S OFFICIAL: Trump will raise taxes on the rich.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
Trying to reach over and grab some of that left leaning vote.

Campaigning early down in Alabama and the surrounding states to secure the southern vote, discussing protectionist trade policies to go after the more heavily unionized states such as Ohio and now will probably look to go after the rich to garner support from more the liberal based constituency.

Evidently Trump is feeling good about his primary chances and is already looking forward to the general election.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:32:31 PM »
Love it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »
Love it.

Trump is a liberal.  MAYBE the base will start to see it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
Trump is a liberal.  MAYBE the base will start to see it.

Cutting the nuts off of a certain segment of the conservative base, no question about it but from a general election standpoint it is a genius move.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »
Trump is a liberal.  MAYBE the base will start to see it.

The base doesnt care.

They just want something to despise so they can feel better about themselves. The Southern strategy has worked for republicans many times before and its working for Trump now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 04:23:08 PM »
The base doesnt care.

They just want something to despise so they can feel better about themselves. The Southern strategy has worked for republicans many times before and its working for Trump now.

Cement that southern vote to secure the primary while at the same time looking to appease the Occupy Wall Street/Big Labor crowd.

This is a man who is throwing caution to the wind and looking to bury Hillary a year from now.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »
"Conservative" Getbiggers that support him prepare to to their third 180 this month.

Trump says tax code is letting hedge funds 'get away with murder'

Source: Reuters

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump blasted hedge fund managers on Sunday as mere "paper pushers" who he said were "getting away with murder" by not paying their fair share of taxes.

In a telephone interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Trump vowed to reform the tax laws if elected and said the current system was harming middle class Americans who currently faced higher tax rates than traders on Wall Street.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," Trump said.

"They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them - they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, ok?"

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-tax-code-letting-hedge-funds-away-155930927--sector.html

he's not suggesting raises taxes on "the rich" but rather getting rid of carried interest loophole which effects some people who happen to be rich

I suspect Trump is just jealous of these guys and their loophole more than he cares about reforming the tax code

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
Cement that southern vote to secure the primary while at the same time looking to appease the Occupy Wall Street/Big Labor crowd.

This is a man who is throwing caution to the wind and looking to bury Hillary a year from now.

Sounds like a solid strategy.

He has certainly proved the doubters wrong so far.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Didn't read the other comments, but he's right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
it's simple - if you're wealthy, then Trump wants to take more of your money. 

We can call it "closing loopholes" or "reforming tax code" but if you're a wealthy person, the govt will get more of your $ under Trump, than the govt took under Obama.

Bottom line.. Trump will raise taxes on the rich.  Period.  I love that repubs support the dude still.  The taxes on the wealthy under obama aren't high enough for Trump lol.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 03:36:08 PM »
it's simple - if you're wealthy, then Trump wants to take more of your money. 

We can call it "closing loopholes" or "reforming tax code" but if you're a wealthy person, the govt will get more of your $ under Trump, than the govt took under Obama.

Bottom line.. Trump will raise taxes on the rich.  Period.  I love that repubs support the dude still.  The taxes on the wealthy under obama aren't high enough for Trump lol.

Taxes went up for EVERYONE under Obama.  and health care went up for the middle class.  I find it funny that the Dems still support him.  but they do, because at the end of the day no one cares what actually happens.  everyone's already chosen up sides. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »
Taxes went up for EVERYONE under Obama.  and health care went up for the middle class.  I find it funny that the Dems still support him.  but they do, because at the end of the day no one cares what actually happens.  everyone's already chosen up sides. 

Trump doesn't want to raise taxes on low or middle class - he only talked here about raising them on the wealthy. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 03:46:21 PM »

You mean the expiring tax cuts that Bush put in?

Aside from that, my taxes did not change and my healthcare cost actually has gone down.

That's just me personally.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »
Trump doesn't want to raise taxes on low or middle class - he only talked here about raising them on the wealthy

and even then it's only a tiny speck of "the wealthy" in this country who avoid paying taxes on millions and even billions in income due to the carried interest loophole

Also, it's not exactly like he can do this himself

I'm not sure if Trump actually knows that or not

I get the feeling he thinks he running for king

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »
You mean the expiring tax cuts that Bush put in?

Aside from that, my taxes did not change and my healthcare cost actually has gone down.

That's just me personally.

if taxes go up.  they go up.  period.

you're falling for the old "I didn't raise taxes................but everyone is going to pay more in taxes" line.

yes Bush tax cuts expired.  those cuts affected a lot of middle class Americans.

and aside from the Bush tax cuts yes Obama reduced thresholds for itemized deductions, specifically the medical expense deduction.  The 3.8% excise tax which affected a lot of the middle class, and the Medicare tax too was all Obama.

Bottom line is everyone is paying more in tax, middle class, upper middle class, and the wealthy.  most people don't look at their tax returns hard enough to notice their taxes going up.

if your taxes didn't go up and your healthcare went down i'm assuming you're in the 15% federal tax bracket.  nothing has changed for you guys in a long time.  like 20 years.  

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
and even then it's only a tiny speck of "the wealthy" in this country who avoid paying taxes on millions and even billions in income due to the carried interest loophole

Also, it's not exactly like he can do this himself

I'm not sure if Trump actually knows that or not

I get the feeling he thinks he running for king

plus some restructuring by the hedge funds will quite easily mitigate most of this anyway. 

this is a prime example of politicians pounding their chests, getting just a little bit accomplished, and then claiming that they are "changing the world".

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
if taxes go up.  they go up.  period.

you're falling for the old "I didn't raise taxes................but everyone is going to pay more in taxes" line.

yes Bush tax cuts expired.  those cuts affected a lot of middle class Americans.

and aside from the Bush tax cuts yes Obama reduced thresholds for itemized deductions, specifically the medical expense deduction.  The 3.8% excise tax which affected a lot of the middle class, and the Medicare tax too was all Obama.

Bottom line is everyone is paying more in tax, middle class, upper middle class, and the wealthy.  most people don't look at their tax returns hard enough to notice their taxes going up.

if your taxes didn't go up and your healthcare went down i'm assuming you're in the 15% federal tax bracket.  nothing has changed for you guys in a long time.  like 20 years.  

I'm not falling for "anything", but the Bush tax cuts WERE going to expire... Nothing was going to stop that, unless we just wanted to keep on running the debt up faster.

I'd have to go back and look at my forms, but I think I pay (after all of the deductions, not including capital gains, less than 15%) Again, I write off a lot of stuff for work, so it lowers my tax burden a lot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
Wait.  Raising taxes makes Trump a liberal?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »
Wait.  Raising taxes makes Trump a liberal?

Yes, very much so.  Trump might as well pick Liz the faux navajo warren, for his running mate. 

He wants to raise taxes on the wealthy.