Author Topic: The Infamous Nigerian Championships Where Vic Richards " earned " his Pro Card  (Read 22697 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
 ;D

Seems on the up-and-up  :-X I wonder how " Cowboy George " did with his career?

adamhatfield99

Amazing Hebrew genetics on display!

Honestly, even though he took the shortcut, it seems to me that he had a pro-caliber physique there.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Amazing Hebrew genetics on display!

Honestly, even though he took the shortcut, it seems to me that he had a pro-caliber physique there.

He looks like he's guest posing. Edgar Fletcher must have flipped the fuck out when he saw this lol

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
He never got a pro card.  That's why he didn't compete.  The IFBB never accepted his win at the Nigerian Championships as a pro qualifier
A

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
i remember i want to say around 93 and 94, weider was promoting him alot in the magazines.

but he would never compete  the guy was huge no doubt.

ritch

• Getbig V
That guy he's shaking hands with looks soooo gay...
?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
He never got a pro card.  That's why he didn't compete.  The IFBB never accepted his win at the Nigerian Championships as a pro qualifier
I believe that was his backdoor to a Pro card back then.

adamhatfield99

He looks like he's guest posing. Edgar Fletcher must have flipped the fuck out when he saw this lol

He could still win a pro card at a weak North American's lineup looking like that.  Plus, didn't John Meadows just win the overall at the Team Universe in the Masters division?  What's the difference?

Always loved your Hebrew Insider Reports.  It prompted me to sign up for the board and wait a month for my account to be approved.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Thanks, I always heard the story, but never saw pictures to go along with it. I have to admit, it's not as bad as the rumors had it out to be, and I actually think he looks decent, especially if we are grading on the current standard 20+ years later.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Where is he these days? I wonder if he became more humble.

adamhatfield99

Where is he these days? I wonder if he became more humble.

He's 51 now.  Some photos of him were posted here in 2004 at the age of 40, but not much since.  He was still huge at that time.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
He's 51 now.  Some photos of him were posted here in 2004 at the age of 40, but not much since.  He was still huge at that time.

Thank you, I hope he's doing well and became a more humble person.

adamhatfield99

It's possible.  Was he considered arrogant before?  I always felt that he looked very good.

Here are two newer photos of Victor (but not exactly new).  While I do not know the dates of the two photos, I can tell you that the first photo features Victor in front of a display featuring the July 2006 issue of FLEX magazine, leading me to believe that it was current at the time, making Victor 42 there.

BB

• Getbig V

He's mellowed some, but you would still know it's him if you were talking to him. You can view his thought on all types of things, especially race, here -

http://www.facebook.com/victor.richards.9 .

This one is a couple of years old -

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
The Ugandan championships are far more respected
P

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Pfizer sponsored the competition haha. No doubt vic had a lot of pPfizer gh in him

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
He's mellowed some, but you would still know it's him if you were talking to him. You can view his thought on all types of things, especially race, here -

What are his thoughts on race?`

All have 2 % african?  ;D

BDsauce

• Getbig IV

BB

• Getbig V
What are his thoughts on race?`

:) -

(On the topic of the Confed. Flag) -

"Seriously? What exactly are we celebrating? Another instance of political correctness? The flag never shot, lynched or bombed churches. It is the people behind the flag. If we want to deal with racism, we should make racism a crime and a threat to national security. We should make it a felony and treason for any government official, politician and law enforcement personnel that uses the tax payers money to perpetuate Aryan nation and KKK agenda to terrorize in order to terrorize fellow Americans. We should send those racist, corrupt public servants to Guantanamo bay and put them in the same cell as the Taliban and Al Qaeda terrorists. Until we realize that terrorism against one American is terrorism against all Americans, racism will continue to be the cancer that embeds itself deep in the bones of American society."

"I don't know why people are outraged when they see incidents like this. The Ferguson incident, Mark Brown, Trayvon Martin, and police executing unarmed black men and youth. We have not made strides away from racism, it's just more covert. Can a house be separated from its foundation? In order to build a new house, you have to build a new foundation. You can't use an old system to run new software. The men who wrote the constitution did not believe that blacks were humans, rather just property. It is unrealistic and delusional to assume that black people can be protected under the same constitution that was written by men who saw them as less than animals and as property. If we really want to do away with racism, nullify the constitution that protects some, but not all.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6828212 ".

"400 years of continuous genocide, rape, exploitation, and dehumanization. It's not a hate crime. It is massive act of terrorism and high crime against humanity. And those who are responsible are either in denial or do not want to take responsibility. A spade is a spade. I don't call it the way I see it; I call it the way it is. All this account cannot be disputed unless by those who are delusional or mentally deranged."

"Those that created the race card should not accuse others of playing their invention."

Thoughts on the Weiders (in regards to a news story on charity)  -

"This is an act of a good-hearted, selfless man. I wonder how much Joseph and Ben Weider left for the athletes that lost their livers, kidneys; and the widows those athletes left behind, despite making billions from them. Our legacy and footprint is not how much of worldly things we gain, but living selflessly and leaving the world a better place."

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
He can actually write and express himself much much better than expected!

Parker

• Getbig V
There was an interview a few yrs ago, and he put down Ronnie Coleman's genetics. He also apparently is a Mormon. The dude has an ego but has good info. It's like he subscribes to the "positive thinking-spiritual" mantra, but with his brand of egoism.

Here is a thread on him with the interviews.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=319794.0

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Victor Richards is jealous of Ronnie Coleman. Ronnie worked is way from the bottom of the pro ranks; to the top. Victor was too afraid to try. He was full of excuses.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I got a feeling that if the guy in the suit did Victor's drug stack; the guy in the suit would've crushed Victor.

Parker

• Getbig V
Victor Richards is jealous of Ronnie Coleman. Ronnie worked is way from the bottom of the pro ranks; to the top. Victor was too afraid to try. He was full of excuses.
A real good article on Vic Richards and why he didn't compete
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/news/the-mcgough-report/13062-victor-richards-bodybuilding-s-biggest-ever-enigma-muscular-development.html#.VdtDt5b3bv4

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

Vic Richards on Romano & Palumbo radio show 2010.

" To say Ronnie Coleman is the best bodybuilder is an insult , he doesn't even come in the top 12 "

You might be right.  ;D