Author Topic: Everything You Do Is Unethical, so Shut the Fuck Up  (Read 2209 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Everything You Do Is Unethical, so Shut the Fuck Up
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:49:55 AM »
In the modern world, it’s impossible to live ethically without going off the grid or killing yourself. If you did live off the grid­ (or didn’t live, period), you wouldn’t be reading this right now. But you are. Which means you—yes, you, in spite of your Prius with the "Coexist” sticker and your love of same-sex marriage and free-range poultry—live unethically. 

Indeed, every single thing you do is unethical. Where'd you buy the clothes you're wearing? Somewhere unethical. What’d you eat for breakfast? Something unethical. Did you take a shower this morning? How long did you take? If you didn't just dab yourself with a wet, Dr. Bronner's–covered rag, you fucked up. You continued to be part of the problem. 

It’s a nice gesture for you to drive the Prius with the “Coexist” sticker. After all, you could be driving a Hummer with a “Fuck Differences” sticker. The Prius makes you feel better about yourself, like you’re raping Mother Gaia a little less than the other guy. Naturally, this fills you with a fair amount of self-righteousness. Your self-righteousness, however, is unfounded. In spite of your best efforts, you’re still ruining the world. 

No matter what you do and how you do it, you’re tangentially supporting Koch Industries. The second-largest privately held company and the fourteenth-worst air polluter in the US, Koch "started in the heartland, and has expanded to nearly every state." A fair amount of their $115 billion in annual revenue is spent on lobbyists, who in turn ensure a fucked future for us all by paying politicians to look the other way while Koch contaminates waterways and blackens the air. 

To know Koch Industries is to hate it. "You may not always see [their] name on the products you use,” their promotional video reminds you, “but [they’re] working every day to make better food, clothing, shelter, transportation, hygiene supplies, technologies, and other necessities." The video’s imagery—a diapered infant waddling, an old man on a horse—reminds you that, from the cradle to the fucking grave, by virtue of simply existing, you're contributing to their bottom line. 

Koch-provided or not, well intended or not, the staples of your life—food, clothing, shelter, transportation, hygiene supplies, technologies, and other necessities—are all inherently immoral.

Full story here.....

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/everything-you-do-is-unethical-so-get-off-your-high-horse-already?utm_source=vicefbanz
V

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Everything You Do Is Unethical, so Shut the Fuck Up
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 06:52:18 AM »
I am a polluter and an exploiter. I don't give a shit about "ethical"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:53:36 AM »
Meat eating unethical
A

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:53:42 AM »
But I am a natural bodybuilder...  :-\
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 06:54:06 AM »
The Kock brothers have given Scott Walker almost a billion for his presidential campaign.  They are essentially buying their way into the whitehouse.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:04:59 AM »

;D

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 07:06:28 AM »
Didnt read anything but the thread title which I disagree with so shut the fuck up  :)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 07:08:01 AM »
We can all get along

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
Didnt read anything but the thread title which I disagree with so shut the fuck up  :)
None of the countless self righteous pricks (like yourself) would dare read this article for the cognitive dissonance it would trigger would be more than their fragile psyches could handle.  Your response proves the point brilliantly.  After reading such an article how could you possibly maintain your deluded vision of yourself as morally and ethically superior to the rest of us?
V

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »
Are you living off the grid, vegan, neutered and practicing non violence? If not then kill yourself.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »
Are you living off the grid, vegan, neutered and practicing non violence? If not then kill yourself.

BigRo, upping the tren dose...

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
Bible says to dominate the shit outta this world. Praise Jeebus.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 09:11:40 AM »
I don't need to, I know everything I do is unethical and I am not pretending to be some holier than thou wanna be buddhist monk.  Unlike you, I agree with the thread title. I am happy being unethical.  I don't feel some need to be a self righteous prick who thinks I am better than everybody else.  I am not trying to save the planet, or preach to others about what they should and shouldn't be doing.  I am happy for the world and humanity to slowly rape this planet until it's eventual and unnecessary descent into utter oblivion and the world's destruction.   Therein lies the difference.
V

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »
We can all get along

Can I get that bumper sticker?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Can I get that bumper sticker?

You'll have to ask AJ

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
I don't need to, I know everything I do is unethical and I am not pretending to be some holier than thou wanna be buddhist monk.  Unlike you, I agree with the thread title. I am happy being unethical.  I don't feel some need to be a self righteous prick who thinks I am better than everybody else.  I am not trying to save the planet, or preach to others about what they should and shouldn't be doing.  I am happy for the world and humanity to slowly rape this planet until it's eventual and unnecessary descent into utter oblivion and the world's destruction.   Therein lies the difference.

See you in hell, nontheless, lol...
?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »
I don't need to, I know everything I do is unethical and I am not pretending to be some holier than thou wanna be buddhist monk.  Unlike you, I agree with the thread title. I am happy being unethical.  I don't feel some need to be a self righteous prick who thinks I am better than everybody else.  I am not trying to save the planet, or preach to others about what they should and shouldn't be doing.  I am happy for BigRo to slowly rape me and humanity to slowly rape this planet until it's eventual and unnecessary descent into utter oblivion and the world's destruction.   Therein lies the difference.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
See you in hell, nontheless, lol...
I look forward to it.  Heaven sounds like a cun+ of a place.
V

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
 :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »
Ethical and morality is on a continuum. To equate all morals and ethics as exactly the same is dumb. Can everything be considered immoral and/or unethical? Sure. But its a continuum of how unethical/immoral you are. Its hardly "black or white," as the article is making it seem.
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »
Ethical and morality is on a continuum. To equate all morals and ethics as exactly the same is dumb. Can everything be considered immoral and/or unethical? Sure. But its a continuum of how unethical/immoral you are. Its hardly "black or white," as the article is making it seem.
Yeah it is, it's as black and white as the biblical proverb "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"  which is the point the article is making.  In other words the tree hugging hippies are just as guilty as the rest of us in participating in the eventual decline and unprecedented raping of the planet, so they should climb down from their self imposed, self righteous soap boxes and join the rest of us.  The only types to disagree with this are the self righteous hippies, who have a powerful need to feel better than others and like to support causes and bullshit greenie and hippie movements.  The world is fucked no matter what we do, the sooner people realise this, the sooner we can all cut the bullshit.

V

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
Yeah it is, it's as black and white as the biblical proverb "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"  which is the point the article is making.  In other words the tree hugging hippies are just as guilty as the rest of us in participating in the eventual decline and unprecedented raping of the planet, so they should climb down from their self imposed, self righteous soap boxes and join the rest of us.  The only types to disagree with this are the self righteous hippies, who have a powerful need to feel better than others and like to support causes and bullshit greenie and hippie movements.  The world is fucked no matter what we do, the sooner people realise this, the sooner we can all cut the bullshit.

Again, not all morals/ethics are "black and white." Perhaps the ones you're referring to are, but most ethical/moral dilemmas are on a continuum, which is why there is so much discourse surrounding the topic.

I am speaking in general terms, and not really relating it to the tree hugging hippies.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
We can all get along

There really is no such thing as "co-existing." It should be reframed as "Co-existing only with those people whose values sort of closely aligns with your values." Meaning, there is definitely room for a Christian and Jewish person to co-exist, but the latter two people won't co-exist with a satanist. The further someone else is removed from your value system, the more distance you will keep with the person.
X