Author Topic: Whey converts into glucose?  (Read 6482 times)

xuul

• Getbig II
Whey converts into glucose?
« on: August 28, 2015, 09:50:51 AM »
Hey fellas,

maybe a dumb question but for example I train for about 60 minutes and do 30min liss cardio afterwards.

when I finish I drink my whey isolate thats about 30g protein 1g carb 1g fat.

Since the body wants to replenish my glyogen stores , will he use this protein as a energy source and will convert it into carbs?

I heard you have to drink carbs with whey so this dont happens.

I always like to drink my whey cause it satisfy my sweet tooth postworkout (not because of the anabolic window)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Whey converts into glucose?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:28:24 AM »
I wouldn't worry
Just eat what you're supposed to eat next
Hey fellas,

maybe a dumb question but for example I train for about 60 minutes and do 30min liss cardio afterwards.

Since the body wants to replenish my glyogen stores , will he use this protein as a energy source and will convert it into carbs?

w

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 04:59:47 PM »
Hey fellas,

I always like to drink my whey cause it satisfy my sweet tooth postworkout (not because of the anabolic window)

Depends on what you ate earlier in the day...depends on what you ate the day before...YES protein can convert into glucose...protein is very versatile...This means if you're using protein to replenish glycogen stores..If your goal is still building muscle...Your protein will have to be significantly higher than if you were restoring them with carbs...AND you will look more flat...(meaning your muscles won't look as full)...Carbs are GOOD and carbs are NEEDED...

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:29:25 PM »
a waste of protein if they're being converted into glucose (gluconeogenesis)
since protein is expensive( ;D ) and no point in wasting them away always have carbs in your diet
T

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »
I wouldn't worry
Just eat what you're supposed to eat next

yup.
?

jack3d14

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »
only if your body goes into starvation mode. This will happen in emergency situations. After all, your brain needs glucose, not protein to function

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »
only if your body goes into starvation mode. This will happen in emergency situations. After all, your brain needs glucose, not protein to function

::)

Bodies are not cellphones. They don't have modes.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 01:05:57 PM »
try a whey caesin blend isolate, to much whey at one time yeah converts to glucose

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
try a whey caesin blend isolate, to much whey at one time yeah converts to glucose

Source evidence for your bullshit post?

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:10 AM »

My words exactly

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 10:38:32 AM »
Hey fellas,

Gluconeogenesis is a process that occurs under specific conditions such as caloric deficits and low/zero-carb intake. That makes it kind of a "negative feedback" mechanism, meaning the body does it when it detects the need to. If you have enough calories and/or carbs in your system from previous meals, you may be okay. Also, it's doubtful that your body will convert ALL of the whey (provided you're consuming enough) into glucose since, once your body has enough in circulation, it should stop making/converting more for reasons I mentioned.

There's no one-size-fits-all formula here. Everybody responds a little bit differently to training AND nutrition. Don't be afraid to experiment with different amounts of carbs, proteins, fats, and calories to learn what works best for you.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 01:39:04 AM »

Gluconeogenesis is a process that occurs under specific conditions such as caloric deficits and low/zero-carb intake. That makes it kind of a "negative feedback" mechanism, meaning the body does it when it detects the need to. If you have enough calories and/or carbs in your system from previous meals, you may be okay. Also, it's doubtful that your body will convert ALL of the whey (provided you're consuming enough) into glucose since, once your body has enough in circulation, it should stop making/converting more for reasons I mentioned.

There's no one-size-fits-all formula here. Everybody responds a little bit differently to training AND nutrition. Don't be afraid to experiment with different amounts of carbs, proteins, fats, and calories to learn what works best for you.

It happens constantly and isn't really understood well... meal composition seems to contribute to it. The least healthy way to recover after a workout is by drinking a whey shake. The protein is digested too quickly and the body is glycogen starved.

Chocolate milk is also a shitty option.

Best option is a balanced meal high in protein but with fiber and fat to slow digestion. Like a small steak with a baked potato and grilled asparagus.

Personally when I played around testing my blood sugar at 15 minute intervals post workout I found that whey alone spike blood sugar almost as high as candy.