Author Topic: National guard, army reserve, or some other volunteering?  (Read 1781 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
National guard, army reserve, or some other volunteering?
« on: August 29, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »
Any one have experience? Im having a pretty hard early thirties anxiety/crisis about life and what im doing with it. Been thinking alot about how unflfilling my life is. Married, no kids, well over six figure double incomes, but im not happy. Everything seems so vein and trivial. Work, gym, free time, tv, couch, bed. On repeat. Vacations are cool and all, but not making me happy. I think i need to step out of comfort zone and do one of the things i mentioned i just dont know what.. Reserves and guard require basic training, 10 weeks. No idea how someone with a full time johb can do that. Volunteer is cool, but i want something more legit, like part time peace corp if possible, something more like an occasional deployment to trouble spots to help, or something similar

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: National guard, army reserve, or some other volunteering?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 05:59:46 PM »
Any one have experience? Im having a pretty hard early thirties anxiety/crisis about life and what im doing with it. Been thinking alot about how unflfilling my life is. Married, no kids, well over six figure double incomes, but im not happy. Everything seems so vein and trivial. Work, gym, free time, tv, couch, bed. On repeat. Vacations are cool and all, but not making me happy. I think i need to step out of comfort zone and do one of the things i mentioned i just dont know what.. Reserves and guard require basic training, 10 weeks. No idea how someone with a full time johb can do that. Volunteer is cool, but i want something more legit, like part time peace corp if possible, something more like an occasional deployment to trouble spots to help, or something similar

Find Jesus, son. Seriously though, I think this is why people go towards religion. They get to their thirties and feel a void. Just don't fill it with cock or islam.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »
Find Jesus, son. Seriously though, I think this is why people go towards religion. They get to their thirties and feel a void. Just don't fill it with cock or islam.

Eh, he can feel his void other ways without religion. Find something he is passionate about. If him and his wife are making over $200K combined a year, they can donate their time to a worthy cause or something.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »

SF1900's classification scheme to describe socioeconomic status based on income per year. Data was collected from Getbig.com

Source:

1900, S.F. (2015). An alternative classification scheme to describe socioeconomic status. Journal of Getbig.com, 14, 150-190.

>$99,000 = homeless

$100,000 - $450,000 = poor

$450,000 - $750,000 = low middle class

$750,000 - $1,000,000 = middle class

$1,000,000 - $5,000,0000 = upper middle class

$5,000,000 - $50,000,000 = rich

$60,000,000+ = super wealthy
X

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
Eh, he can feel his void other ways without religion. Find something he is passionate about. If him and his wife are making over $200K combined a year, they can donate their time to a worthy cause or something.

The wife wants to fill the void w kids which i think is a bad reason to have kids.
The national guard sounds appealing but i dunno. Id feel pretty shitty having to tell my company, yeah i need 10 weeks to go do basic training with a load of 18 year olds

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 06:14:49 PM »
The wife wants to fill the void w kids which i think is a bad reason to have kids.
The national guard sounds appealing but i dunno. Id feel pretty shitty having to tell my company, yeah i need 10 weeks to go do basic training with a load of 18 year olds

Yes, having kids just to fill a void is probably not a good idea.
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »
Yes, having kids just to fill a void is probably not a good idea.
Ironically, that's also how they are conceived in the first place.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »

;D ;D ;D
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »

Thong Maniac, I'm not sure you will or won't find happiness in the nat guard but remember those guys ain't just clowns that stay home, they go to Iraq and Afghanistan sometimes.  :-X

What I recommend is volunteer with a local search and rescue team. A couple good friends of mine do that and they get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Many places have local all volunteer groups, like my friends belong to. So basically when somone goes missing you get paged and head out to help search in various ways. Also lots of training so just learning about different strategies and technology associated with SAR. Good luck.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 06:33:42 PM »

:D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 06:35:31 PM »

She is cheating on you and wants to crank out a kid to avoid divorce.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 06:43:01 PM »
Thong Maniac, I'm not sure you will or won't find happiness in the nat guard but remember those guys ain't just clowns that stay home, they go to Iraq and Afghanistan sometimes.  :-X

What I recommend is volunteer with a local search and rescue team. A couple good friends of mine do that and they get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Many places have local all volunteer groups, like my friends belong to. So basically when somone goes missing you get paged and head out to help search in various ways. Also lots of training so just learning about different strategies and technology associated with SAR. Good luck.

Yea deployment doesnt worry me tho. I like the search and rescue idea. Thanks man i will check that out

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »
Volunteer to oil up IFBB pros backstage at the Mr. O.
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
Volunteer to oil up IFBB pros backstage at the Mr. O.
Onetimehard already has that position filled. Keeps him Alwayshard.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »

Vain even

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »
Onetimehard already has that position filled. Keeps him Alwayshard.

Where has he been lately?
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »
Where has he been lately?
No clue. He logged in 10 days ago, but has not posted since April  :-\

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »

Go volunteer at an orphanage or take a week or two on one of those missions to poor countries and spread the Getbig Gospel!