Author Topic: Do any of you hate it when  (Read 1597 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Do any of you hate it when
« on: August 30, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
You're watching a movie based on foreign events (I'm American) and they speak English but with some sort of accent? Or, some speak with accents and some don't? I'm watching "Enemy at The Gates" and I'd rather they just had it in subtitles. I can suspend disbelief for many things, this is not one of them.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Do any of you hate it when
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 06:34:30 PM »
You're watching a movie based on foreign events (I'm American) and they speak English but with some sort of accent? Or, some speak with accents and some don't? I'm watching "Enemy at The Gates" and I'd rather they just had it in subtitles. I can suspend disbelief for many things, this is not one of them.

Life is hard and it ends badly bro. Spoiler alert. You die.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:28 AM »
That's one of my favorite movies. I like Schindler's List also.

Both are guilty

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:59:01 AM »

It's called closed captioning.  Turn it on.  You obviously have hearing issues.  It is common to be in denial about these things.  There is no shame in a hearing aid.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 06:04:39 AM »
Not as much as I hate it when an English film has hardcoded subs, and I can't help but read them anyway.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »
Arnold got an accent. You really do not mean you dislike Arnold.... >:(

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
Like this shit!

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 01:49:05 PM »

Agreed. I think if a film is a serious one based on a historic event, than it should be in the correct language.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
How about when a movie is English and someone comes in and speaks a different language for quite a few sentences and they don't subtitle it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »
How about when a movie is English and someone comes in and speaks a different language for quite a few sentences and they don't subtitle it.

That's just annoying, can't really say I hate it. But, it did happen the other day while watching some old black and white World War One movie. Captured I think was the name of it.