Author Topic: Why Branch beat Cedirc at this past weekends Europa -Atlantic City  (Read 5736 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
For the past 20 years, the winning standard in pro BB was more freak then best physique.
Like it or not, when Dorian Yates was crowned Mr Olympia a new era in pro BB began.

New and unofficial concepts like " grainy" became the new ideals for conditioning.
Combine that with the requirement of freakish muscle mass and you have modern pro BB.

The  ultra ripped/grainy /freaky physique with less emphasis on aesthetics and shape, displayed by Branch is the gold standard in IFBB pro BB. It has been this way for 20 years.

Many felt Cedric was the better physique on stage. He had the mass and near perfect shape and balance with adequate conditioning. Even Arnold remarked that Cedric's type of physique should do better in current pro contests during the last Arnold classic. Clearly, the current /recent past judging standards don't align with some lifetime bodybuilders. Personally, I'd prefer a more overall , classic standard for men's pro bodybuilding.

It's important to note here that the IFBB rule book has changed very little when it comes to judging standards and criteria.

The real problem isn't politics .

Until the fans scream loud and long for adherence to the official rules, the sport will be ruled by "understood standards".  Don't blame Branch for being freaky and winning. He's simply showing up looking like the judges want .
 PS/
If you think fan support and opinion don't matter consider this:
Females demanded an alternative to the she-beast bodybuilding division .
Now the biggest division in terms of entrants is the bikini.

Waller

• Getbig IV
Re: Why Branch beat Cedirc at this past weekends Europa -Atlantic City
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
You can't ...that's my point.

Pro bodybuilding has been a circus free for all for some time now.
I enjoy it , as is, but I don't take it too serious any more.

Who could? It's in a serious nose dive. Give it another 5 years and I imagine the death toll of IFBB pros is going to be quite severe. Absolutely nothing is being done to ensure the longevity of pro bodybuilding. Competitors are more and more becoming flash in the pan, walking pharmacies. That's not going to draw a big crowd of people wanting to follow in their footsteps.

It really looks like men's bodybuilding is headed in exactly the same direction women's did. MPD is going to take the spotlight as much as women's bikini etc has.

I actually love bodybuilding. But I find myself more and more disappointed and disheartened in the pro scene.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »
Who could? It's in a serious nose dive. Give it another 5 years and I imagine the death toll of IFBB pros is going to be quite severe. Absolutely nothing is being done to ensure the longevity of pro bodybuilding. Competitors are more and more becoming flash in the pan, walking pharmacies. That's not going to draw a big crowd of people wanting to follow in their footsteps.

It really looks like men's bodybuilding is headed in exactly the same direction women's did. MPD is going to take the spotlight as much as women's bikini etc has.

I actually love bodybuilding. But I find myself more and more disappointed and disheartened in the pro scene.

Because today there is more drugs than there is talent.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
Great post and I must agree.

The one shot left for pro bodybuilding is if  a man like ARNOLD takes over the IFBB or starts his own pro /am federation.

The problem is that most of the people currently active are really into the freaky, drugged up look.
I'm no anti-drug crusader BUT we need a drastic course correction before pro BB goes off the cliff for good.
We need another Vince McMahon to step up and sink money into a new federation. Unfortunately don't see anybody that loves and misses what bodybuilding used to be, enough to do it. Would be nice to see Arnold take the Arnold Classic's and separate himself from the IFBB. He is only one with the name that could do it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »
Thank you. You said exactly what everyone already knows.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 11:13:51 AM »
Branch was not grainy. His muscles quality is very poor. He has torn muscles, he lacks back detail. He lacks separation in many of his muscles. Branch winning is a travesty. Branch winning the Arnold was a travesty. Branch even winning anything or being near the top is a travesty.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 11:30:22 AM »
there is no point in looking at the rulebook for one simple reason

cedric placed second, branch placed first

if you have any set of consistent criteria you wouldn't have two opposite styles placed at the very top.

What I've noticed is that there are specific times where rules are ignored

you know when it happens?

when the contest is fixed  :D

"

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »
Branch was not grainy. His muscles quality is very poor. He has torn muscles, he lacks back detail. He lacks separation in many of his muscles. Branch winning is a travesty. Branch winning the Arnold was a travesty. Branch even winning anything or being near the top is a travesty.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »
Photos?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 11:49:45 AM »
WALLER, Sorry, but I can't answer your question because I wasn't present when those decisions were made.....

But if there are two things I have learned within the last 100 years ...(actually since the days of Reeves and Grimick and Eifferman, etc., etc.)

1. Never judge the outcome of a contest by looking at the photos of that contest.

2. Never decide how the contestants should be placed unless you're sitting at the judges' table (or within a close proximity of that judges' take). You see things differently a few rows back.

Basic shit ... but often disregarded.

There may be exceptions, but they are exceptionally few.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
WALLER, Sorry, but I can't answer your question because I wasn't present when those decisions were made.....

But if there are two things I have learned within the last 100 years ...(actually since the days of Reeves and Grimick and Eifferman, etc., etc.)

1. Never judge the outcome of a contest by looking at the photos of that contest.

2. Never decide how the contestants should be placed unless you're sitting at the judges' table (or within a close proximity of that judges' take). You see things differently a few rows back.

Basic shit ... but often disregarded.

There may be exceptions, but they are exceptionally few.

For what it's worth, as someone who's attended countless shows at all levels I've learned one lesson - there's something about 'moving muscle' that often simply doesn't translate to photos, or even to videos.  I have no scientific explanation for this.  Maybe that life occurs at higher than 1080p?  I don't know... (he still looks like a Goblin though LOL!)
T

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »
there is no point in looking at the rulebook for one simple reason

cedric placed second, branch placed first

if you have any set of consistent criteria you wouldn't have two opposite styles placed at the very top.

What I've noticed is that there are specific times where rules are ignored

you know when it happens?

when the contest is fixed  :D

and this is a big problem. How can Ron sit here and cover such foolishness in good faith? I believe that Ron could find greener pastures elsewhere. He could do more coverage of MuscleMania and Paul Dillett's WBFF. Why cover a federation that is going downhill and doesn't even use it's own "rule book" consistently?

And furthermore, where is "rule book"? Why has it not been published so that followers can see it and use it as a guideline? For a professional organization in this day and age, the this is beyond pathetic.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
D
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
TURBO, Based on my GetBig observations, in most cases we tend to say that an event is "FIXED' simply due to the fact that we don't agree with the final outcome of that event.

I tend to disagree when "fixed or political accusations" are made after bodybuilding contests decisions.

During my long reign of judging numerous olympic lifting, power  lifting, and bodybuilding events, I've only been personally involved in two situations in which the outcome was fixed (once) and once in which the outcome was attempted to be fixed but me, being the Captain America that I think I am, spoke up and refused to let  it happen.

I honestly believe that the judges do their best to make the best decision honestly.

My belief is based on actual experience within the game and not through any  discussion with people or fans outside of the game or on this GetBig Board.

I'm not dumb  enough to say that a fix never occurs ... but I'm smart enough to say that it is an exceptionally rare occurance.

BTW ... The two fixes mentioned above occurred years before any GetBigger got his first gym membership ----- except for WES and Mr MB of course.

HOWARD, may or may not agree with this. I'd appreciate hearing from him about this subject.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 12:35:23 PM »
and this is a big problem. How can Ron sit here and cover such foolishness in good faith? I believe that Ron could find greener pastures elsewhere. He could do more coverage of MuscleMania and Paul Dillett's WBFF. Why cover a federation that is going downhill and doesn't even use it's own "rule book" consistently?

And furthermore, where is "rule book"? Why has it not been published so that followers can see it and use it as a guideline? For a professional organization in this day and age, the this is beyond pathetic.

actually the rulebook is online on the ifbb website.  

It consists of a grand total of 10 poorly reproduced pages so it's not much to look at anyway.

apparently manions son is paid to represent female competitors.

It would be great to see howard apply a couple of his wonderful neurons to this matter

"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: D
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 12:40:40 PM »
TURBO, Based on my GetBig observations, in most cases we tend to say that an event is "FIXED' simply due to the fact that we don't agree with the final outcome of that event.

I tend to disagree when "fixed or political accusations" are made after bodybuilding contests decisions.

During my long reign of judging numerous olympic lifting, power  lifting, and bodybuilding events, I've only been personally involved in two situations in which the outcome was fixed (once) and once in which the outcome was attempted to be fixed but me, being the Captain America that I think I am, spoke up and refused to let  it happen.

I honestly believe that the judges do their best to make the best decision honestly.

My belief is based on actual experience within the game and not through any  discussion with people or fans outside of the game or on this GetBig Board.

I'm not dumb  enough to say that a fix never occurs ... but I'm smart enough to say that it is an exceptionally rare occurance.

BTW ... The two fixes mentioned above occurred years before any GetBigger got his first gym membership ----- except for WES and Mr MB of course.

HOWARD, may or may not agree with this. I'd appreciate hearing from him about this subject.

the only way branch is beating cedric is if there is a "quid pro quo" to make that happen

what are the relationships between the officials and branch in this case?

Inquiring minds want to know!
"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »
actually the rulebook is online on the ifbb website.  

It consists of a grand total of 10 poorly reproduced pages so it's not much to look at anyway.

apparently manions son is paid to represent female competitors.

It would be great to see howard apply a couple of his wonderful neurons to this matter

Hmmm.

Paid to represent female competitors? And what is their fee? I wonder, in this shady business.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 12:54:24 PM »
I was at the Europa this weekend and just got home. The only thing that Cedric had over Branch was a better shape. No one could even touch his conditioning and in person it's even more amazing. The judges got it right this time. His midsection has no flow but the rest of him is pure hardcore bodybuilding. He could bring up the forearms in my opinion. Cedric needs to get harder and then he will be a contender. Everybody wants to complain about how horrible these guys look but this is modern bodybuilding and they want big mass monsters. Drew Jemmot has a nice physique but just not the mass of Branch or Cedric.  If you want a nice shape to go mens physique that's what I did. I got to chat with Mikailo Soto she had the worst breath. I understand you are dehydrated but use some mouthwash. They put on a great show I was happy to be there.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
These guys are taking over.

I have some friends who went to the FIBO expo 2015 and told they were pulling elite Aryan german pussy at the expo and afterparties/clubs.

in Ahnulds or Reeves days they would have laughed and just pulled a single biceps shot, getting immediately flocked by hot germans Aryan women!!

meanwhile BB in 2015  :-X :-X

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »
Hmmm.

Paid to represent female competitors? And what is their fee? I wonder, in this shady business.

oh I gather he's working with the male physique competitors too now.  Looks like they're doing pretty well!

http://npcnewsonline.com/j-m-manions-fmg-athlete-group-shot-from-the-2014-meet-the-olympians/157915/
"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »
oh I gather he's working with the male physique competitors too now.  Looks like they're doing pretty well!

http://npcnewsonline.com/j-m-manions-fmg-athlete-group-shot-from-the-2014-meet-the-olympians/157915/
he also did comic books featuring fitness/bikini competitors

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 01:25:19 PM »
I got to chat with Mikailo Soto she had the worst breath.

There is a joke there about her past career that I'm too polite to make....
T

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
I was at the Europa this weekend and just got home. The only thing that Cedric had over Branch was a better shape. No one could even touch his conditioning and in person it's even more amazing. The judges got it right this time. His midsection has no flow but the rest of him is pure hardcore bodybuilding. He could bring up the forearms in my opinion. Cedric needs to get harder and then he will be a contender. Everybody wants to complain about how horrible these guys look but this is modern bodybuilding and they want big mass monsters. Drew Jemmot has a nice physique but just not the mass of Branch or Cedric.  If you want a nice shape to go mens physique that's what I did. I got to chat with Mikailo Soto she had the worst breath. I understand you are dehydrated but use some mouthwash. They put on a great show I was happy to be there.

Cedric was bigger than Branch, and more conditioned from the back.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »
Branch's only "freak factor" is his sheer physique ugliness.

His muscles are wasted and no longer fresh. His seriously degraded muscle-fullness is testament to his body being abused for far too long with chemicals/hormones and destructive dieting practices. And let's not even go too far into the horrific nature of his weight training.

When Warren does decide to hang up his thong, and hopefully at least massively scale back his drug use, it's an almost certainty that he will suffer chronic pain and come to wish he'd never taken things so far. It's amazing how few understand the extent to which the drugs "mask" aches and pains.

His muscles are withered, any separation he might have had has all but vanished, his injuries are obvious, and his body conveys a silent scream for mercy.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »

The  ultra ripped/grainy /freaky physique with less emphasis on aesthetics and shape, displayed by Branch is the gold standard in IFBB pro BB.

Yeah , that's why Branch Warren  is 5X  Mr Olympia   ::)

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »
Cedric was bigger than Branch, and more conditioned from the back.

Not in person. The pictures don't justify the athletes.