Author Topic: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.  (Read 35435 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.
« Reply #300 on: September 07, 2015, 02:27:29 PM »
Not at all. Hypothetical situation practically mirroring this one, just swapping gay for interracial. The verse wouldn't be hypothetical, though, just need an appropriate fit.

Would it really surprise you to find a little racism in that book?

I guess.  Not sure what point you're trying to make.

It would not surprise me to find atheists selectively quoting portions of a book about something they don't believe in to justify some viewpoint.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: September 07, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
Putting her in jail is not solving the problem. 

YOu don't have a crystal ball... give it time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: September 07, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »
Are you fucking kidding or are you really THAT dense? SHE IS REFUSING TO OBEY AN EXPLICIT COURT ORDER!

Well, since you put it in all caps, that changes everything.  

It's a court order, not a law.  Your Google skills are slipping.  

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #303 on: September 07, 2015, 02:29:34 PM »
Putting her in jail is not solving the problem.  

It actually has though, hasn't it?

She can sit in there until she dies if she doesn't follow the order of the judge and boom... problem solved.

I guess.  Not sure what point you're trying to make.

It would not surprise me to find atheists selectively quoting portions of a book about something they don't believe in to justify some viewpoint.  

Christians selectively quote portions of the same book.

Let's go with the old testament stuff today... New testament tomorrow... whatever fits my agenda.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: September 07, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
Why do people who believe in that god never bother to read that book? To me that is the bigger question

Good question. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: September 07, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »

its weird, but judges have the power to order people jailed...they sign bench warrants for people who don't appear, arrest warrants every day... pretty cool what all a judge can do.. like jail someone for violating a court order, or protective order, or restraining order..

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #306 on: September 07, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »

So you believe that people are free to not obey court orders and there are no consequences to disobeying? I'm done with you... you're either an idiot or a troll.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: September 07, 2015, 02:31:26 PM »

She can sit in there until she dies if she doesn't follow the order of the judge and boom... problem solved.

Let's go with the old testament stuff today... New testament tomorrow... whatever fits my agenda.

No, it hasn't.  She's not going to comply, so is the judge going to lock her up until the next election?  That's insane.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »

very common

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: September 07, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
No, it hasn't.  She's not going to comply, so is the judge going to lock her up until the next election?  That's insane.  

refusing to follow a court order because you read it in a religious book written 1000's of years ago... while you are on your 3rd or 4th marriage..... that's closer to insanity..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: September 07, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »
its weird, but judges have the power to order people jailed...they sign bench warrants for people who don't appear, arrest warrants every day... pretty cool what all a judge can do.. like jail someone for violating a court order, or protective order, or restraining order..

Yeah, indefinitely.  Great  

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: September 07, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »

Exactly.

They do it constantly.

True story here... I was sitting in court once and a person who had a wreckless driving case didn't show... their attorney couldn't make it and the attorney had sent a letter in to the courts explaining the situation, requesting a continuance, and that the person was out of town for work.

A bailiff read the letter from the attorney in open court and the judge must have had some kind of bad day because he issued a bench warrant straight away.

No question... no nothing... I talked to the bailiff at lunch and he was actually dumbfounded. He had never heard of the judge issuing a bench warrant when a continuance and letter had been sent to the courts.

Judge just decided he wanted to do it.

The Bailiff had no choice but to issue the warrant as he was requested to do, but it was virtually unheard of he said.

The bailiff even called the attorney on the case to let him know what had happened because he was so shocked by it.

Judges have a lot of power... can do anything they want in their court and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: September 07, 2015, 02:35:18 PM »
Yeah, indefinitely.  Great  

is it indefinite when she holds the key to the cell? No... it's just as long as she allows it..and not a second more. As soon as she chooses to come into compliance with the law, she is free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: September 07, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
So you believe that people are free to not obey court orders and there are no consequences to disobeying? I'm done with you... you're either an idiot or a troll.

No, Morton Downy Jr., I didn't say people are free to disobey court orders.  I was correcting the contention that she broke the law.  But you like to argue and be right so often that you tripped all over yourself and missed it.  (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.)

And you are free not to engage me.  You won't hurt my feelings.   :)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: September 07, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »

She can walk out at ANY moment... as long as she agrees to not interfere in anyone else doing their job.

How do you put that all on the judge and none of it on the Clerk?

She has every ability to walk out the doors of that cell, she just refuses to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: September 07, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »
refusing to follow a court order because you read it in a religious book written 1000's of years ago... while you are on your 3rd or 4th marriage..... that's closer to insanity..

Refusing to follow a court order, because she has the same convictions of the founders of the country, shared by close to 90 percent of the country, isn't insanity.  I think she should resign, but I don't think she's crazy.    

What does the fact she is on her third or fourth marriage have to do with anything?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: September 07, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »
She can walk out at ANY moment... as long as she agrees to not interfere in anyone else doing their job.

How do you put that all on the judge and none of it on the Clerk?

She has every ability to walk out the doors of that cell, she just refuses to.

Because the judge is the one who ordered her to jail, indefinitely, when there were less harsh measures available. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #317 on: September 07, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
No, Morton Downy Jr., I didn't say people are free to disobey court orders.  I was correcting the contention that she broke the law.  But you like to argue and be right so often that you tripped all over yourself and missed it.  (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.)

And you free not to engage me.  You won't hurt my feelings.   :)

She is breaking the law by refusing to issue marriages because of her own religious beliefs. And she is disobeying an explicit Court order directing her to comply with the law.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: September 07, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »
Because the judge is the one who ordered her to jail, indefinitely, when there were less harsh measures available. 

Indefinitely until she says she will not inhibit anyone else.

If you are saying that she has no blame in this, then I'm going to ignore anything you say from now on because you are obviously not capable of rational thought.

To be clear, you are saying she has zero culpability right?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: September 07, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »
Refusing to follow a court order, because she has the same convictions of the founders of the country, shared by close to 90 percent of the country, isn't insanity.  I think she should resign, but I don't think she's crazy.    

What does the fact she is on her third or fourth marriage have to do with anything?  

you got to be kidding.. She is a horrible example of Christianity. When you look up Hypocrite in the dictionary it has her picture. Give me a break...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: September 07, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
She is breaking the law by refusing to issue marriages because of her own religious beliefs. And she is disobeying an explicit Court order directing her to comply with the law.

So you traded all caps for bold?  At least you're not yelling anymore.   :)

She is violating a court order.  I'm unaware of her state or Congress passing some law that she violated?  

Note that I'm not suggesting she is free to violate court orders.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: September 07, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »
Indefinitely until she says she will not inhibit anyone else.

If you are saying that she has no blame in this, then I'm going to ignore anything you say from now on because you are obviously not capable of rational thought.

To be clear, you are saying she has zero culpability right?

Of course not.  She is violating a court order.  There has to be consequences.  I'm saying locking her up indefinitely shouldn't be one of them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: September 07, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »
you got to be kidding.. She is a horrible example of Christianity. When you look up Hypocrite in the dictionary it has her picture. Give me a break...

Really?  You'll have to point me to the part that says people are supposed to be perfect.  Under your approach, no one could be a Christian.  Everyone makes mistakes. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: September 07, 2015, 02:49:30 PM »

Well, if you read the bible.. you will see that while Jesus didn't speak on homosexuality, he did spend a bit of time talking about divorce..... it's a no no unless for fornication/adultery.. of course it sounds like she was the one doing the fornicating.. and then when she remarried, she actually caused her new spouse (both new spouses as it turns out) to commit adultery.. and Jesus said adulterers will not enter the kingdom of heaven

"Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

1) In Luke 16:18 Jesus says:
 Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2015, 02:49:40 PM »
Of course not.  She is violating a court order.  There has to be consequences.  I'm saying locking her up indefinitely shouldn't be one of them. 

Then I don't think you have an understanding of how the courts work in regards to civil contempt.

The judge has done nothing that is not standard practice for such things.