Author Topic: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.  (Read 35481 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.
« Reply #525 on: September 14, 2015, 11:02:18 AM »
She folded.  God is so disappointed in her.

Well, jail fucking sucks.

I don't blame her. She's on the wrong side of history anyway.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: September 14, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
Well, jail fucking sucks.

I don't blame her. She's on the wrong side of history anyway.

Reason, too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #527 on: September 14, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »
Ky. Clerk Will Issue, Not Authorize, Marriage Licenses

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #528 on: September 14, 2015, 02:11:55 PM »
Ky. Clerk Will Issue, Not Authorize, Marriage Licenses

So chose employment over heaven.  So she is going to hell now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: September 14, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »
So chose employment over heaven.  So she is going to hell now.

she makes 80.000 a year with all the overtime she gives herself. 

it's a completely cake job and she's not even up for re-elction until 2019, I believe. 

the office is terrible - her son and daughter in law all banking crazy overtime, while she tells the county she doesn't have enough hours.  She could have 2-3 more employees if she stops the OT.

She was in an ideal situation.  I bet those budget makers are looking at her hard now. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #530 on: September 14, 2015, 02:28:19 PM »

"Davis actually earns $79,796.68 annually, according to the Kentucky Department for Local Government."

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29993556/why-kim-davis-makes-80000-a-year-as-rowan-county-clerk

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: September 14, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »
"Davis actually earns $79,796.68 annually, according to the Kentucky Department for Local Government."

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29993556/why-kim-davis-makes-80000-a-year-as-rowan-county-clerk

her mother was the previous county clerk.  she hired 2 family members.  All enjoying OT in an office whining they can't cover workload without more employees.

In 2011, county residents complained about Davis' compensation, an annual wage of $51,812 and an additional $11,301 in overtime and other compensation during 2011.[13] Davis earned substantially more than the county's other chief deputies, including $38,000 for the Chief Deputy Sheriff Joe Cline and $36,000 to the Deputy Judge-Executive Jerry Alderman, neither of whom receive overtime pay.[13] The County Fiscal Court reviewed the compensation of clerks in the office and voted unanimously to cut the department's salary budget by one-third for 2012.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: September 14, 2015, 03:47:12 PM »
her mother was the previous county clerk.  she hired 2 family members.  All enjoying OT in an office whining they can't cover workload without more employees.

In 2011, county residents complained about Davis' compensation, an annual wage of $51,812 and an additional $11,301 in overtime and other compensation during 2011.[13] Davis earned substantially more than the county's other chief deputies, including $38,000 for the Chief Deputy Sheriff Joe Cline and $36,000 to the Deputy Judge-Executive Jerry Alderman, neither of whom receive overtime pay.[13] The County Fiscal Court reviewed the compensation of clerks in the office and voted unanimously to cut the department's salary budget by one-third for 2012.

Where is the support for this statement?

Or did you just make that up? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: September 14, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »

she and her grifter ilk have been bilking taxpayers for overtime. 

Big surprise that the man who still believes hermann cain never cheated, would stick by Palin Lite in this case.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kim-davis-was-overpaid-as-a-deputy-clerk-barely-won-a-primary-election-and-then-hired-her-21-year-old-son/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2015, 04:26:26 PM »
she and her grifter ilk have been bilking taxpayers for overtime. 

Big surprise that the man who still believes hermann cain never cheated, would stick by Palin Lite in this case.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kim-davis-was-overpaid-as-a-deputy-clerk-barely-won-a-primary-election-and-then-hired-her-21-year-old-son/

Oh brother.  From your link:  "Davis, who draws an $80,000 salary as county clerk"

I should have just skipped to calling you the lying liar that you have repeatedly proved to be, instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt.  Tell the truth for a change. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »

The difference is $203 and some change.  Rounding it up to 80K isn't that much of a stretch. 

Unless you have no other point to make.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: September 14, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »
The difference is $203 and some change.  Rounding it up to 80K isn't that much of a stretch. 

Unless you have no other point to make.

No, $203 is not the point.  He claimed her $80k salary was inflated by overtime.  According to what I read, including from his own links, her base pay is $80k. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #537 on: September 19, 2015, 09:42:47 AM »
Christian county clerk jailed for five days after refusing to approve gay marriages is now accused of tampering with paperwork to make new licenses invalid

Kim Davis, clerk for Rowan County, Kentucky, was jailed earlier this month
Had refused to issue gay marriage licences because of Christian beliefs
Was released after five days and told she wouldn't have to issue licenses
But conditions mean she also couldn't interfere with others issuing them
However, staff say she has changed licence forms, making them invalid

The Christian county clerk imprisoned for five days for refusing to issue gay marriage licenses is now accused of trying to alter new licenses, making them invalid.

Kim Davis, the clerk for Rowan county, Kentucky, was jailed earlier this month after she said 'God's authority' prevented her from granting marriages to same sex couples.

Davis, who has been married four times herself, was released after agreeing that she wouldn't have to issue the licenses herself, but was told she could also not interfere with others giving them out.

However, Davis's employees say she has now tampered with the paperwork issued to gay couples, potentially making their marriage licenses invalid.

As part of the conditions of her release Davis was allowed to alter documents to remove her name, after protesting that including it on the licenses would violate her Apostolic Christian beliefs.

At the time, lawyers were concerned that removing the name of the county clerk might call the validity of the licenses into question, but were happy with a compromise that allowed the licenses to be signed to the federal court.

However, lawyers assigned to each of Davis's staff after she was freed say she confiscated the original forms, and has since reissued new forms with changes that go beyond what was agreed.

Deputy clerk Brian Mason, who issued the marriage licenses while Davis was in jail, says the new papers he has been given do not have her name, the name of the county or any references to the deputy clerks on them.

He said he is being forced to sign the licenses as a 'notary public', rather than as a deputy clerk, and that there is a space for him to sign his initials, but not his signature.

Richard Hughes, lawyer for Mr Mason, said: 'Mr. Mason is concerned because he is in a difficult position.

'He continues to issue the licenses per the court's order ... which had some remote questionable validity, but now with these changes may in fact have some substantial questions about validity

'It also appears to this counsel those changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders.'

Lawyers for David Moore and David Ermold, the gay couple who were initially denied a marriage licence by Davis, asked for a class action lawsuit to be filed.

They said: 'These alterations call into question the validity of the marriage licenses issued, create an unconstitutional two tier system of marriage licenses issued in Kentucky, and do not comply with this Court's September 3 Order prohibiting Davis from interfering with the issuance of marriage licenses.'

Davis, for her part, has argued that any license issued without her name on it is invalid.

By Kentucky state law, licenses must be issued by the county clerk, before a minister or other officiant then performs the ceremony and signs the license.

Despite Davis's name being taken off of the papers, Kentucky's Democratic governor and attorney general have both said the licenses are valid and will be recognized by the state.

David Bunning, the federal judge, refused to give judgement on whether the licenses are valid, adding that it is up to gay couples to take that chance.

Mr Mason is the only person in Davis's office who has said he is happy to issue the licenses, and agreed with his coworkers to give them out 'to ease the tension of the situation'.

It is unclear exactly what would happen if Mr Mason were absent from work, though Hughes said the other staff would be required to issue the paperwork.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240804/Christian-county-clerk-jailed-five-days-refusing-approve-gay-marriages-accused-tampering-paperwork-make-new-licences-invalid.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #538 on: September 19, 2015, 10:04:33 AM »
I hope they throw this hypocritical fundie twat back in jail

If she had any dignity and honor she would just resign

For some reason this dumb kunt seems to think she is "the office" of county recorder rather than the person holding the office

"the office" doesn't have a religious belief

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #539 on: September 19, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
I wonder if those supporting her would be okay with muslim govt workers secretly changing govt documents to fit their religious beliefs?  

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #540 on: September 19, 2015, 12:46:22 PM »
I hope they throw this hypocritical fundie twat back in jail

If she had any dignity and honor she would just resign

For some reason this dumb kunt seems to think she is "the office" of county recorder rather than than the person holding the office

"the office" doesn't have a religious belief

Yes.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #541 on: September 19, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
Fucking A, this shit is still going on?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: September 19, 2015, 08:54:42 PM »
HAHAHAHA now you know where the term "Kentucky Puppies" comes from.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: September 21, 2015, 11:37:31 PM »
Sep 21, 2015 10:35 PM EDT - 2 Women say Kim Davis took her name and the county off their marriage

license.

(This is a test case of authority to set precedence IMO to further the erosion of church/state boundaries. I see this as a BFD, as do many.)

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30083350/2-women-say-kim-davis-took-her-name-and-the-county-off-their-marriage-license

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kim Davis might be finding herself in legal trouble again. Two of the plaintiffs in her case are asking her to be held in contempt.

They say it's because Davis allowed a marriage license issued to a same-sex couple to be altered, by removing her name and the name of the county.

The women say it is not clear whether altered licenses are legal.

Their motion asks a federal judge to put the clerk's office in receivership, to ensure licenses are issued properly.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: September 22, 2015, 06:27:49 AM »
This hag is still at it.   Good lord.  Literally.  She claims she is "good at her job".   ::)

Perfect example of why church and state must be kept separate. 

Kentucky clerk Davis rejects marriage licenses as invalid: ABC
Reuters -

The county clerk from Kentucky who went to jail rather than issue marriage licenses to gay couples said the licenses being granted by her staff are invalid, according to an interview that aired on Tuesday.

"I can't put my name on a license that doesn't represent what God ordained what marriage to be," Davis said in a television interview with ABC News, taped on Monday.

"They're not valid in God's eyes, for one," she said of licenses her staff has begun issuing. "I have given no authority to write a marriage license. They did not have my permission, they did not have my authorization."

Davis, 50, has said her Christian beliefs prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She was released on the condition that she not interfere with the issuance of marriage licenses.

Davis added that she was prepared to return to jail over the controversy, according to ABC.

She returned to work on Sept. 14 after a five-day stint in jail for refusing to issue any marriage licenses following a Supreme Court ruling in June that made gay marriage legal across the United States.

On Monday, lawyers for couples suing Davis said that she made material changes to the forms since returning to work and is not in compliance with a federal court order.

Issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Kentucky and other U.S. states has become the latest flash point in the nation's long-running debate over gay marriage.

In the wide-ranging interview from Morehead, Kentucky, Davis said she should keep her post, saying: "I'm good at my job."

"My constituents elected me, but the main authority that rules my life is the Lord," Davis told ABC, speaking alongside one of her lawyers.

She defended her actions and rejected criticism that she is a hypocrite and a homophobe for her actions and for citing her religious beliefs to deny marriages even as she has been married four times and had some children out of wedlock.

"I'm forgiven. Washed clean," she said.

Mat Staver, an attorney for Davis, has said she has made a good faith effort to comply with U.S. District Judge David Bunning's order.

Attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky, in a federal court filing on Monday, said Bunning should order the licenses to be issued under the previous format and reissue those given under the altered one.

Despite Davis' comments, their legality of the marriage licenses issued without her consent has not been challenged in court.

(Reporting and writing by Susan Heavey in Washington; Additional reporting by Steve Bittenbender in Louisville, Kentucky; Editing by Eric Walsh)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
This hag is still at it.   Good lord.  Literally.  She claims she is "good at her job".   ::)

Perfect example of why church and state must be kept separate. 

Kentucky clerk Davis rejects marriage licenses as invalid: ABC
Reuters -

The county clerk from Kentucky who went to jail rather than issue marriage licenses to gay couples said the licenses being granted by her staff are invalid, according to an interview that aired on Tuesday.

"I can't put my name on a license that doesn't represent what God ordained what marriage to be," Davis said in a television interview with ABC News, taped on Monday.

"They're not valid in God's eyes, for one," she said of licenses her staff has begun issuing. "I have given no authority to write a marriage license. They did not have my permission, they did not have my authorization."

Davis, 50, has said her Christian beliefs prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She was released on the condition that she not interfere with the issuance of marriage licenses.

Davis added that she was prepared to return to jail over the controversy, according to ABC.

She returned to work on Sept. 14 after a five-day stint in jail for refusing to issue any marriage licenses following a Supreme Court ruling in June that made gay marriage legal across the United States.

On Monday, lawyers for couples suing Davis said that she made material changes to the forms since returning to work and is not in compliance with a federal court order.

Issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Kentucky and other U.S. states has become the latest flash point in the nation's long-running debate over gay marriage.

In the wide-ranging interview from Morehead, Kentucky, Davis said she should keep her post, saying: "I'm good at my job."

"My constituents elected me, but the main authority that rules my life is the Lord," Davis told ABC, speaking alongside one of her lawyers.

She defended her actions and rejected criticism that she is a hypocrite and a homophobe for her actions and for citing her religious beliefs to deny marriages even as she has been married four times and had some children out of wedlock.

"I'm forgiven. Washed clean," she said.

Mat Staver, an attorney for Davis, has said she has made a good faith effort to comply with U.S. District Judge David Bunning's order.

Attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky, in a federal court filing on Monday, said Bunning should order the licenses to be issued under the previous format and reissue those given under the altered one.

Despite Davis' comments, their legality of the marriage licenses issued without her consent has not been challenged in court.

(Reporting and writing by Susan Heavey in Washington; Additional reporting by Steve Bittenbender in Louisville, Kentucky; Editing by Eric Walsh)

When I see pictures of this fat, adulterous, fundie hick the last thing that comes to mind it being "washed clean"

again, I see no reason why she can't issue the licenses and then ask Jeebus to forgive her

isn't that the entire fucking point of her zombie worshiping cult?.....that any evil shit man can do is "washed clean" by Jeebus.

Think of all the murders, child molestors and even alduterers (like Kim Davis) that are partying non-stop with Jeebus in heaven right now. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2015, 09:40:26 AM »
huck probably encouraging her to go BACK to JAIL so he can get another nationwide media cycle on that stage.

just like the heroes of the right previously, such as zimmerman, it just gets harder and harder to defend them, when they push it further and further.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »
Is there a limit on how many times you can be forgiven?  Is it a daily limit or a weekly?  Monthly or set number?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2015, 12:02:03 PM »
Is there a limit on how many times you can be forgiven?  Is it a daily limit or a weekly?  Monthly or set number?

Nope.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: September 22, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »
ACLU wants Kim Davis' 'scalp to hang on the wall'
By  Todd Starnes 
Published September 22, 2015
FoxNews.com

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis makes a statement to the media at the front door of the Rowan County Judicial Center in Morehead, Ky., Monday, Sept. 14, 2015. Davis announced that her office will issue marriage licenses under order of a federal judge, but they will not have her name or office listed. (AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley)

Federal prisoner Kim Davis walked into the Kentucky jail cell
 wearing an orange jumpsuit and holding a Bible.

“When I went back into that holding cell I hit my knees and just
 prayed, just cried out for God to give me some peace and assurance that all was
 going to be well – and I prayed and I sang,” she told me in her first digital
 interview.

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch –a Must-Read for
 Conservatives

It was September 3 – the day Mrs. Davis became the first Christian
 jailed as a result of the Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage.

Federal Judge David Bunning ordered her jailed for contempt of
 court after she defied a federal court order to issue marriage licenses to gay
 couples. He denied her request to accommodate her religious beliefs by simply
 removing her name from the marriage form.

“That’s all I ever asked for,” she said. “I didn’t ask for them to
 jump over the moon and give me the stars and pull the sun down for me. I asked
 a very simple and doable accommodation.”

Mrs. Davis, the clerk in Rowan County, was released five days
 later after she agreed that she would not interfere with deputies who were
 issuing licenses to gay couples.

Bunning said he was “satisfied that the Rowan County Clerk’s
 Office is fulfilling its obligation to issue marriage licenses to all legally
 eligible couples.”

However, the American Civil Liberties Union representing four
 Kentucky couples contends that Mrs. Davis has altered marriage licenses -- making
 them possibly invalid. And they want her held in contempt – again.

The validity of the licenses is “questionable at best,” ACLU
 attorneys told the Washington Post. “What’s more, the adulterated marriage
 licenses received by Rowan County couples will effectively feature a stamp of
 animus against the LGBT community, signaling that, in Rowan County, the
 government’s position is that LGBT couples are second-class citizens unworthy
 of official recognition and authorization of their marriage license but for
 this Court’s intervention and order.”

Mat Staver, of the Liberty Counsel law firm, is Mrs. Davis’
attorney. He said the ACLU’s allegations have no merit.

“They want her scalp to hang on the wall as a trophy,” he said.

Mrs. Davis is a follower of the Apostolic Christian faith and a
 devoutly religious woman. She is uncomfortable in the public spotlight.

“I’ve been called Hitler, a homophobe, a hypocrite -- words I
 didn’t even use when I was in the world -- words that are very vile and nasty,”
she said. “I’ve been called pretty much anything that you can think in your
 mind.”

But the words did not hurt.

“It’s a righteous thing to defend the Word of God and I am so much
 of a nothing -- to be used of God is just an honor and a privilege,” she said.
“I count it all joy.”

Our half-hour conversation was sprinkled with references to Bible
 passages and worship songs. She frequently became emotional when talking about
 her relationship with God.

She spent most of her time in jail reading her Bible and writing
 notes and singing songs like, “What a Mighty God we serve.”

She especially took comfort in a passage of Scripture from the New
 Testament.

“God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love
 and of a sound mind,” she said, quoting Second Timothy 1:7.

But it was the following verse that gave her courage.

“Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of
 me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according
 to the power of God…”

“I walked and prayed and sang praises in the jail cell and just
 really drew comfort from God’s word when I was there,” she told me.

Staver said he marveled at his client’s composure during their
 first meeting inside the jailhouse.

“We hugged and shed a few tears and the first words out of her
 mouth were, ‘All is well,’” Staver told me. “I went in there to encourage her, but
 we went away being encouraged ourselves by her.”

She was at complete peace, Staver said.

“I think it’s hard for people to understand that, but there was a
 definite peace,” he said.

Mrs. Davis told me it was worth every day behind bars.

“The Lord died and suffered so terribly for us and I counted such
 a privilege and an honor and a joy that I would have to sit a mere five days in
 jail to uphold His word,” she said. “For me, it’s worth it.”

Life is slowly returning to normal for Mrs. Davis. She’s back at
 work at the clerk’s office – in early, out late. She dotes on her children and
 grandson. And she finds time to read her Bible atop a hill on the family’s
 property.

And in spite of the media firestorm, this nationally known
 defender of religious liberty even found time to celebrate her birthday.

Mrs. Davis turned 50 on Sept. 17 – which just happens to be
 Constitution Day.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/09/22/kim-davis-called-me-hitler.html?intcmp=hpbt4