Author Topic: losing fat  (Read 1502 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
losing fat
« on: March 03, 2006, 06:57:41 AM »
i'm one of those people that just hasta look at meat to gain weight...but i'm having hell getting down and am lost as to what to do.

my diet is usually 5 pieces of chicken breast, two protien shakes, a salad, and a smart dinner..spread out to about 6-8 meals a day dependin on the schedule.

should i throw in a supplement like lipo6? if i cut down on my food intake..i'm gonna lose alot of hard earned muscle for maybe 5-6 lbs of fat i wanna toss...

something like atkins a smarter way to go? with lean chicken, tuna, salad, etc. in moderation?

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: losing fat
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 09:30:55 AM »
The exact foods you're eating won't make a difference.  If you've plateaued with weight loss, you need to restrict calories further.  And no, you won't lose much muscle (if any) if protein intake is kept adequate and you continue to train heavy.

As for a thermogenic product, sure, it can help.  But just keep in mind the most important factor to fat/weight loss is caloric intake.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:33:31 AM »
do i should keep the carbs/calories enough to process the amount of protien i take up and have the rest for energy come from body fat?

do i have this right?

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »
do i should keep the carbs/calories enough to process the amount of protien i take up and have the rest for energy come from body fat?
do i have this right?

Not sure I totally understand the question, but the amount of carbs doesn't matter.  You can lose fat on high or low carbs.  Personally, I prefer to keep carbs moderate even if I'm dieting, because I just don't feel or train as well if I cut carbs very low.

Try to keep the big picture in mind, which is caloric intake.  If calories out > calories in, you'll lose weight.

I have no idea what your stats are or what your caloric intake is, but a general starting point for dieting is 10-12 calories per pound of bodyweight.  Set protein intake to at least 1 gram per pound, maybe a little more, and make sure you're getting adequate EFA's daily.  Aim for about a one pound per week loss.