Author Topic: Fedor Emelianenko Signs with the UFC  (Read 43035 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Fedor Emelianenko Signs with the UFC
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
I hear Fedor has moved his camp to MPF  Training Systems.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »
I was hoping for that  ;D

one of your top 3 posts of all time

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »
Lets wait and see boys. We all thought Arlovski was done as well, and now look at him.

P.s. Fedor knocked Arlovski into a coma when they fought.  8)
Fedor - Crocop and Fedor - Arlovski rematches would be cool, for old times  8)

Actually I'd like to see Frank Mir against Fedor. Would be America VS Russia  8)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
If he really got his diet on point, there's no reason Fedor couldn't compete as a light heavy. Dude is like 20% body fat at 235 pounds.

I often wonder if having a high bodyfat percentage is really that bigger hindrance in MMA.  I remember Roy Nelson when he was on the Ultimate Fighter literally pinned the guy with his belly and literally smothered, the poor fucker couldn't get that fat fuck of him.  I am sure in some positions, being a heavier set dude must have some advantages.
V

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »
I often wonder if having a high bodyfat percentage is really that bigger hindrance in MMA.  I remember Roy Nelson when he was on the Ultimate Fighter literally pinned the guy with his belly and literally smothered, the poor fucker couldn't get that fat fuck of him.  I am sure in some positions, being a heavier set dude must have some advantages.
no big deal for a heavyweight. but probably not optimal to be as fat as Roy Nelson

If natty, some bodyfat helps.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
This is the Roy Nelson Belly Smother I was talking about.  I have seen him do this in many fights.

V

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
This is the Roy Nelson Belly Smother I was talking about.  I have seen him do this in many fights.

I'm pretty sure the victim was Kimbo Slice.  :D

Uncle Joon

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the victim was Kimbo Slice.  :D

Oh shit sorry bro I thought that was your mum!
Mwah
xoxo

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
Nelson was also performing a technique called the crucifix.

Here is Jon Jones applying the same technique:

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 08:37:44 PM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 08:45:15 PM »
Lets wait and see boys. We all thought Arlovski was done as well, and now look at him.

P.s. Fedor knocked Arlovski into a coma when they fought.  8)

Well said...
If the rumor is true..
It will be great to see Fedor in the ufc..
I hope he has his old pride entrance music..
 best entrance ever..

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »
I don't think he will make much of an impact, but he will put bums on seats that's for sure. 
fedor was not a star in america, even in japan he was second to cc in popularity

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:25 AM »
Nelson was also performing a technique called the crucifix.
Here is Jon Jones applying the same technique:

I prefer this one by Gary! :D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
Didn't sign with UFC :/

Instead signed with a new org. The man who started Pride.

I guess fighters might migrate if the pay is better. All depends on if MMA can rise in popularity again in Japan. Pay might get better than UFC if it grows in popularity like back in early 2000's. Plus they don't have testing which may attract many fighters.

MMA in Japan was super popular in early 2000. Japan is strange like that. Things goes in waves with popularity, alot, like fads. Pride and MMA was super popular, only to be dropped like a hot potato by people and die off completly.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »
hes going to get destroyed in the ufc,   i guess some of you didnt see his last few fights in the u.s

you dont take three years off from mma and come back and be a beast

he will be done in a year or less

This.  He's way past his prime and being out of the game for 3 years, he's going to get destroyed.  IF this was 10 years ago, then yea, I'd see this as being a great thing.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
a good matchup would be ronnie coleman

bring em both out of retirement to pimp mega mass 2000 vs. RC signature series

about time the two industries collided in a battle of legendary proportions

"

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
thats why he is gong to fight in japan,

hand picked opponents  he cant hang with top u.s fighters anymore

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:44 PM »
Quote from: oldschoolfan on September 01, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
hes going to get destroyed in the ufc,   i guess some of you didnt see his last few fights in the u.s

you dont take three years off from mma and come back and be a beast

he will be done in a year or less

This.  He's way past his prime and being out of the game for 3 years, he's going to get destroyed.  IF this was 10 years ago, then yea, I'd see this as being a great thing.

Omg  ::)

Off course he will not take the UFC belt like taking candy from a baby, by this point you should've already knew that. this applies to any fighter.

However this whole ordeal has to do with Pride vs UFC.. who had the best fighters, and at the time Pride had the best fighters BAR NONE!!

Werdum a former PrideFC fighter is now "THE" UFC champ.

Fedor is considered by everybody the GOAT.. I dare you to create a poll at Sherdog who is heavily ufc fan based, Fedor ALWAYS comes 1st.
UFC favorite boy Anderson Silva got busted by steroids, GSP retired and was afraid to face Anderson(Nick Diaz had the balls).

another reason why not to sign UFC is money, since they're prizefighters/pro, Reebok pays lousy & they offer a slave contract unless you're on the top of the food chain.

Josh Thompson only got 5k by Reebok, his fight this Saturday at Bellator he got 35+k by sponsors alone.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »
Yes, the Reebok sponsorship for the UFC is crap for the fighters. For people who do not know, here is the breakdown of how the fighters are paid by Reebok:

Fighters in their first five UFC bouts will receive $2,500, while fighters with six to 10 fights will make $5,000. Fighters in their 11th to 15th fight will make $10,000, and fighters with 16 to 20 bouts will make $15,000. Fighters with 21 bouts or more will be paid $20,000 per fight.

UFC champions will be paid $40,000 for each bout, with challengers making $30,000.

Fighters like Rousey and McGregor love the Reebok deal. What many people do not know is that they are signed to separate (more lucrative) deals with Reebok, so they obviously make a lot more then the rest of the fighters.

If Josh Thompson is telling the truth about his sponsorship money (made only 5k per fight from Reebok in the UFC, and made 35K off of sponsors at Bellator) then you can easily see how the majority of the fighters are getting screwed.

That may leave the door open for Bellator and this new organization led by Sakakibara, to attract better talent. Not to mention that Japan may be able to get fighters like Anderson Silva, Wandy, Nick Diaz etc.... to come over there.

The main reason why the UFC is the top dog, is because it is considered the NFL or MLB of mixed martial arts, while Bellator would be like the Canadian football league or the minors.

It will be interesting to see how the next year plays out, and it all starts with this supposed "huge event" in Japan on New Years Eve, where Fedor fights in the main event.

I wonder who they will get to fill out that card?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2015, 05:12:53 PM »
Omg  ::)

Off course he will not take the UFC belt like taking candy from a baby, by this point you should've already knew that. this applies to any fighter.

However this whole ordeal has to do with Pride vs UFC.. who had the best fighters, and at the time Pride had the best fighters BAR NONE!!

Werdum a former PrideFC fighter is now "THE" UFC champ.

Fedor is considered by everybody the GOAT.. I dare you to create a poll at Sherdog who is heavily ufc fan based, Fedor ALWAYS comes 1st.
UFC favorite boy Anderson Silva got busted by steroids, GSP retired and was afraid to face Anderson(Nick Diaz had the balls).

another reason why not to sign UFC is money, since they're prizefighters/pro, Reebok pays lousy & they offer a slave contract unless you're on the top of the food chain.

Josh Thompson only got 5k by Reebok, his fight this Saturday at Bellator he got 35+k by sponsors alone.

I never said anything about him not being the GOAT, but he's old, past his prime and will get his ass handed to him.  Just because he was the goat 10 years ago doesn't mean he will be any good now.  People get old, that's a fact.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »
I never said anything about him not being the GOAT, but he's old, past his prime and will get his ass handed to him.  Just because he was the goat 10 years ago doesn't mean he will be any good now.  People get old, that's a fact.
He holds more than a puncher's chance against anyone in the world.

The bottom line is that he is still a draw.

Besides, this seems to be a moot point anyway. Fedor is not going to the UFC.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
Here is a perfect example of how anything can happen in a fight. A prime Mirko Crocop against juiced up, berserker Kevin Randleman.

Crocop was by far the better fighter, but it still did not prevent this huge upset. An old Fedor could still beat any heavyweight on the planet. The odds wouldn't be as good as what they once were, but by no means impossible.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2015, 03:06:00 AM »
Here is a perfect example of how anything can happen in a fight. A prime Mirko Crocop against juiced up, berserker Kevin Randleman.

Crocop was by far the better fighter, but it still did not prevent this huge upset. An old Fedor could still beat any heavyweight on the planet. The odds wouldn't be as good as what they once were, but by no means impossible.

That was a HUGE upset at the time, I remember I was screaming at the monitor like crazy when it happened. Back then Randleman was a monster and always was, the outrage in UG and sherdog forums he created when he lost UFC Title fight vs Bas Rutten was something.