Author Topic: Why are some strong bodybuilders much smaller than weaker ones?  (Read 5599 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
Why are some strong bodybuilders much smaller than weaker ones?
« on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:46 PM »
I am really starting to believe more in the ability to train a certain way to promote hypertrophy over strength and vice versa which goes against the usual logic on getbig.

Even in natural trainers you can observe that some people get size quicker than others without the level of strength you would expect to go along with that size. Is it something about the way they train? For example if you look at this guy on youtube called Max Chewning, he can deadlift 580lbs and squat 400lbs yet he is small as shit.

For ages I have heard people say that if you just focus on increasing your deadlift and squat you will have big legs, or focus on benching heavy and you will have a big thick chest, well I look at Max Chewning and I ask myself is it really worth it? I had bigger legs than he does now before I even trained them and he squats 4 plates LOL.

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Why are some strong bodybuilders much smaller than weaker ones?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »
can't reply.
Too busy staring at his microscopic penus...
?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:46 PM »
Demonstratable strength has a lot to do with genetics, just like muscle size. It's things like
leverages, muscle attachements etc. In powerlifting you try to move the weight in the easiest way possible, using your leverages to your advantage. Then you also have neural and psychological factors at play.

But generally speaking, the stronger you get the bigger you get also... but only if you get stronger without changing technique. If you reduce your bench stroke by 4 inches by changing your technique and lift more as a result, of course you don't gain muscle necessarily.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »
Demonstratable strength has a lot to do with genetics, just like muscle size. It's things like
leverages, muscle attachements etc. In powerlifting you try to move the weight in the easiest way possible, using your leverages to your advantage. Then you also have neural and psychological factors at play.

But generally speaking, the stronger you get the bigger you get also... but only if you get stronger without changing technique. If you reduce your bench stroke by 4 inches by changing your technique and lift more, of course you don't gain muscle necessarily.

But I have yet to understand how some of the powerlifters are such fat fucks, VS the super skinny one's...

Does someone know why???
?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:20:31 PM »
But I have yet to understand how some of the powerlifters are such fat fucks, VS the super skinny one's...

Does someone know why???

if they are using their fat for leverage purposes then it certainly can help

for example, a fat fuck with a huge ass waist can use that fat ass waist to compress it to the thighs to give him an extra push out of the bottom of a squat and on the bench if he lowers the bar very low, like to the top of his waist it cuts down the distance that the bar must move and therefore makes the lift "easier"

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 08:21:58 PM »
if they are using their fat for leverage purposes then it certainly can help

for example, a fat fuck with a huge ass waist can use that fat ass waist to compress it to the thighs to give him an extra push out of the bottom of a squat and on the bench if he lowers the bar very low, like to the top of his waist it cuts down the distance that the bar must move and therefore makes the lift "easier"

But at what point do they need to be so utterly fat? I think many go overboard. No?
?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 08:22:13 PM »

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:45 PM »
Maxys squats are god awful
Real bad form
Sooner or later he's gonna get injured
He's another YouTube loser that needs to fade away
Him Chris jones barthellfitness goku flex- they are all scum
I am really starting to believe more in the ability to train a certain way to promote hypertrophy over strength and vice versa which goes against the usual logic on getbig.

Even in natural trainers you can observe that some people get size quicker than others without the level of strength you would expect to go along with that size. Is it something about the way they train? For example if you look at this guy on youtube called Max Chewning, he can deadlift 580lbs and squat 400lbs yet he is small as shit.

For ages I have heard people say that if you just focus on increasing your deadlift and squat you will have big legs, or focus on benching heavy and you will have a big thick chest, well I look at Max Chewning and I ask myself is it really worth it? I had bigger legs than he does now before I even trained them and he squats 4 plates LOL.
w

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 08:29:04 PM »
But at what point do they need to be so utterly fat? I think many go overboard. No?

probably because this fat increased thier lifts quite a bit and stroked thier egos, that and/or they are just lazyasses as far as dieting is concerned

but most super heavies in powerlifting don't give a flying fuck about dieting anyways

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »
quads like Paul Dillett

The guy in the bottom photo is an olympic cyclist. He would be drug tested regularly so if he is using PEDs it is low doses of fast acting compounds that are in and out of the system fast.

Imagine his quads if he trained like a bodybuilder running grams of steroids plus growth hormone and insulin.

I believe that there are many people out there that have genetics far greater than any pro bodybuilder who have ever lived, but they just don't bodybuild and take massive quantities of drugs for whatever reason. Like this guy went into cycling, another guy might like to work a nine to five job then get drunk on weekends, and don't give a shit about gyms, but he might have the best muscle building genetics on the planet.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 05:03:23 AM »
You see it as a kid at school, some lads have little muscle chart bodies without ever picking up a weight, most decide to pick up pints instead of weights tho, it takes mental illness and the genes to make the grade..

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 05:18:37 AM »
Max deads 650 strong tom cruise weeny boy
A

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 05:26:21 AM »

Does someone know why???

Well isn't it obvious?  

There are weight classes up to a point and then it's open season at the buffet.

If you're lifting weight, when you get fatter, you get stronger.  What the fuck do you think would happen with a powerlifter who wants strength?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 06:17:42 AM »
I've noticed that fake natties (Norton, Miller, O'Hearn) tend to be strong as fuck.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »
Well isn't it obvious?  

There are weight classes up to a point and then it's open season at the buffet.

If you're lifting weight, when you get fatter, you get stronger.  What the fuck do you think would happen with a powerlifter who wants strength?

No excuse for the pure f'in lard some of the carry. If the smaller guys can get strong as they do, it shows you don't need to be THAT fat.
?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 09:21:52 AM »
The guy in the bottom photo is an olympic cyclist. He would be drug tested regularly so if he is using PEDs it is low doses of fast acting compounds that are in and out of the system fast.

Imagine his quads if he trained like a bodybuilder running grams of steroids plus growth hormone and insulin.

I believe that there are many people out there that have genetics far greater than any pro bodybuilder who have ever lived, but they just don't bodybuild and take massive quantities of drugs for whatever reason. Like this guy went into cycling, another guy might like to work a nine to five job then get drunk on weekends, and don't give a shit about gyms, but he might have the best muscle building genetics on the planet.

No way.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 09:25:09 AM »
Counter point: Joon is both small AND weak.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
Genetics......all genetics.
I know it's not fair, but life just isn't.
 :-X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 01:48:11 PM »

For ages I have heard people say that if you just focus on increasing your deadlift and squat you will have big legs, or focus on benching heavy and you will have a big thick chest, well I look at Max Chewning and I ask myself is it really worth it? I had bigger legs than he does now before I even trained them and he squats 4 plates LOL/

:D Are you sure of this?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 03:47:10 PM »
:D Are you sure of this?
haha still posting that 5-6 year old picture of my arm huh?(fyi anyone who doesn't know I originally posted that picture over 5 years ago on this forum) and yea even 5 years ago my legs were still bigger, I got no fucking calves though lol.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 07:39:17 PM »
haha still posting that 5-6 year old picture of my arm huh?(fyi anyone who doesn't know I originally posted that picture over 5 years ago on this forum) and yea even 5 years ago my legs were still bigger, I got no fucking calves though lol.

So...I am assuming (hoping) that you are bigger now. Right?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
Some people are simply pussies and have no strength.  Size doesn't matter much.  I've seen guys who are large and lift like middle school girls.  Happens all the time.  Drug and coast.
N