Author Topic: If Trump wins GOP nomination, would that be the end of the GOP as we know it?  (Read 10441 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: If Trump wins GOP nomination, would that be the end of the GOP as we know it?
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 12:47:11 PM »
so how do you figure?

If you feel I'm wrong, then just post what you think they are.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: If Trump wins GOP nomination, would that be the end of the GOP as we know it?
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »

i'm asking how you know you're right

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »
i'm asking how you know you're right

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »

i'm trying to determine that, and hoped you could explain.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »
i'm trying to determine that, and hoped you could explain.

I've been pretty thorough in my explanations. You seem to be asking me to provide an example for something of which I just said the LACK of examples proves my point.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
I've been pretty thorough in my explanations. You seem to be asking me to provide an example for something of which I just said the LACK of examples proves my point.

is it possible that you're wrong?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 01:14:10 PM »
is it possible that you're wrong?

Wrong about what?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »
Wrong about what?

everything you've claimed in this thread

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 01:21:57 PM »
everything you've claimed in this thread

I've been pretty thorough with my explanations. You've asked a bunch of questions- which I've patiently answered-  but you haven't said anything that would even suggest I was wrong about anything. No counterpoints, no evidence, no anecdotes, you haven't even said you disagreed with anything. So, what exactly should I believe I'm wrong about?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
I've been pretty thorough with my explanations. You've asked a bunch of questions- which I've patiently answered-  but you haven't said anything that would even suggest I was wrong about anything. No counterpoints, no evidence, no anecdotes, you haven't said you disagreed with anything. So, what exactly should I believe I'm wrong about?

i can't begin to conceive of how you could make the claim that democrats aren't bound by nonsense in the same manner that republicans are bound by nonsense.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »
i can't begin to conceive of how you could make the claim that democrats aren't bound by nonsense in the same manner that republicans are bound by nonsense.

What I said is that the Democratic party is not as monolithic as the Republican party. I corrected you previously and gave you several examples. At this point, you are clearly willfully misinterpreting what I said.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
so when you said this:

A Democrat can be anti-gay marriage

then you said this:

I didn't say dems had more flexibility on gay marriage

exactly what do you mean?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »
This is all about anger and less about Trump.....he capitalized on one issue and I don't think people have rerally thought about the rest yet.

I agree.  I don't think Trump has really thought about much of anything in terms of policy either.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »
I agree.  I don't think Trump has really thought about much of anything in terms of policy either. 

he knows.  i'm beginning to think he's playing a "negative attention" game w the media, and he's so far beating them. 

if that's the case, it would mean he's going to be prepared with a serious platform upon taking the nomination (as the plan might go), when it would become more difficult for the media to downplay him.

wishful thinking on my part, i know.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
so when you said this:

then you said this:

exactly what do you mean?

When I explained on the previous page and wrote this:

I didn't say that dems have more flexibility in regards to gay marriage. I said there's no issue on which Dem candidates have to toe the party line or risk being DOA. Dem legislators have a stronger record of gay advocacy, but the current dem president ran on anti-gay marriage platform.

...what was not clear to you? What part did you find confusing?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
When I explained on the previous page and wrote this:

I didn't say that dems have more flexibility in regards to gay marriage. I said there's no issue on which Dem candidates have to toe the party line or risk being DOA. Dem legislators have a stronger record of gay advocacy, but the current dem president ran on anti-gay marriage platform.

...what was not clear to you? What part did you find confusing?

the fact that you're trying to claim all things at once

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
the fact that you're trying to claim all things at once

::) Then that's your issue. It has nothing to do with what I  wrote. You're not being clear with your questions or responses, you won't specify what your issues are and you haven't made any counterpoints at all, much less reasonable ones.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 02:06:31 PM »
  ::) Then that's your issue. It has nothing to do with what I  wrote. You're not being clear with your questions or responses, you won't specify what your issues are and you haven't made any counterpoints at all, much less reasonable ones.

i'm telling you that you've been suckered by the dnc.  that's what i'm saying.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »
republican leadership is just as bad, ftr.  if someone wants to make a case that they're worse, it would be the backstabbing bs they've pulled w immigration.  people expected them to stick to their guns and they failed big-fuckin-time.  they failed and failed again. 

so you could say they are actually worse, yes.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »
i'm telling you that you've been suckered by the dnc.  that's what i'm saying.

No, you're asking a bunch of pointless questions and confusing that with making a point. At any point, you could have said "I disagree with this and here's why".  For some reason,  you think you've posted something profound when you've barely gone to the trouble of stating a position.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »
No, you're asking a bunch of pointless questions and confusing that with making a point. At any point, you could have said "I disagree with this and here's why".  For some reason,  you think you've posted something profound when you've barely gone to the trouble of stating a position.

you realized too late that you couldn't back yourself up, and now you are mad

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »
he knows.  i'm beginning to think he's playing a "negative attention" game w the media, and he's so far beating them. 

if that's the case, it would mean he's going to be prepared with a serious platform upon taking the nomination (as the plan might go), when it would become more difficult for the media to downplay him.

wishful thinking on my part, i know.

Possibly, but I doubt he has actually taken the time to think through all of the major policy issues he will be facing. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »
you realized too late that you couldn't back yourself up, and now you are mad

LOL yeah, you're hard-hitting questions and insights had me up against the ropes  ::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Possibly, but I doubt he has actually taken the time to think through all of the major policy issues he will be facing. 

the way i see it, he's either serious or he isn't.  it has to be one or the other.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
the way i see it, he's either serious or he isn't.  it has to be one or the other.

Or he is trying to improve his brand and make more money, which he is very good at.  I'm rolling with Option C.   :)