Author Topic: Whats your view on that little kid washed up on the beach?  (Read 13434 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Whats your view on that little kid washed up on the beach?
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2015, 09:48:14 AM »
Conspiracy theories abound.

Not saying they aren't true, but anyone can make a random wordpress blog.

Joschka

• Getbig II
  • "Rubble don't cause no trouble" -- John Derbyshire
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2015, 07:16:56 PM »
Actually, I read that as PARENTS have to protect THEIR children. I know that I protect mine and I am sure that all Getbiggers with kids would beat men to death with their fists to protect theirs.

Herein lies the problem with the "little kid on the beach". His parents put him in mortal danger NOT because they were in any real danger. No, the parents wanted a better free ride than what Turkey was offering. A better life of leaching off other folks.

I don't like seeing dead kids, but welcome to the fucking human condition on planet Earth. We've been killing each other continually for 5000 years and children are ALWAYS disproportionately represented among the casualties. Newsflash: countries and organizations basically don't care about children. One child's death is a tragedy, a million children is a statistic, right?

The best that any of us can do is make the best decisions for our children and protect them from as much shit as we can. And take the bastards out when they come.

One of our politicians here in Australia pretty much said this, and while acknowledging it was a tragedy, he (rightfully) attacked left wing politics and media for citing the image of the boy as reason Australia and the world had to act.  Subsequently, they all vilified him for saying it, yet even though the story's come out that the family had been in Turkey for a number of years and were going to Europe for reasons centring around fixing the father's teeth, no one has accused him of getting the facts wrong, and the media are completely ignoring this because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Right now, our politicians have agreed to take 12,000 Syrian "refugees", focussing on taking in Christians and "other minorities"; our government doesn't want Muslims.  I'm assuming these intakes are going to be screened; I can't see our conservative government not doing so, but then again, they also said we wouldn't take any refugees at all.  :-\

Long term, I don't see any benefit to Australian society for doing this.  Whether they're Christian or Muslim, they're from a completely different society with a completely different culture, and it's wishful thinking believing they can integrate here harmoniously and make a beneficial contribution.  Reality is, they probably won't interact with the population here regardless of whereabouts in the country they're settled, and would only mix amongst themselves, creating a divide between their own little societies and the incumbent.  It's unlikely they'll be able to get work, and will instead rely on government support, hence creating a welfare mentality, which is usually the case here.  Making decisions based on emotion rather than rational thinking and established facts is dangerous and irresponsible.

Joschka

• Getbig II
  • "Rubble don't cause no trouble" -- John Derbyshire
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »
Conspiracy theories abound.

Not saying they aren't true, but anyone can make a random wordpress blog.

The father's sister (the kid's aunt) said so in an interview.  The title's misleading; she didn't explicitly say they were going to get the teeth fixed in Europe, but it was one of the reasons for trying to go there along with "a better life".

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:20 AM »
One of our politicians here in Australia pretty much said this, and while acknowledging it was a tragedy, he (rightfully) attacked left wing politics and media for citing the image of the boy as reason Australia and the world had to act.  Subsequently, they all vilified him for saying it, yet even though the story's come out that the family had been in Turkey for a number of years and were going to Europe for reasons centring around fixing the father's teeth, no one has accused him of getting the facts wrong, and the media are completely ignoring this because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Right now, our politicians have agreed to take 12,000 Syrian "refugees", focussing on taking in Christians and "other minorities"; our government doesn't want Muslims.  I'm assuming these intakes are going to be screened; I can't see our conservative government not doing so, but then again, they also said we wouldn't take any refugees at all.  :-\

Long term, I don't see any benefit to Australian society for doing this.  Whether they're Christian or Muslim, they're from a completely different society with a completely different culture, and it's wishful thinking believing they can integrate here harmoniously and make a beneficial contribution.  Reality is, they probably won't interact with the population here regardless of whereabouts in the country they're settled, and would only mix amongst themselves, creating a divide between their own little societies and the incumbent.  It's unlikely they'll be able to get work, and will instead rely on government support, hence creating a welfare mentality, which is usually the case here.  Making decisions based on emotion rather than rational thinking and established facts is dangerous and irresponsible.

Not to mention it's going to cost Australia $700 million. Our economy is hanging on China's nuts for dear life and the PM is trying to buy votes for the next election in 2016. Maybe he should've put gay marriage to a vote in Parliament instead. At least it wouldn't have cost as much.