Author Topic: TRUMP: I Never Went To Vietnam, But 'I Felt That I Was In The Military'  (Read 245 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Donald Trump believes that because he attended a military high school, he has an understanding of what it is like to be in the military, despite deferring the Vietnam War draft for medical reasons.

"My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people," Trump told Michael D’Antonio, the author of the forthcoming book "Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success," according to a preview in the New York Times.

Trump attended the New York Military Academy from eighth grade through the end of high school where he participated in military drills and encountered some instructors who had served in the military, according to the Times.

He told D'Antonio that at the academy, he got "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military."

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: TRUMP: I Never Went To Vietnam, But 'I Felt That I Was In The Military'
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
I am consistently aghast at the things he says and the things people are willing to overlook.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:44:33 AM »
Also, Hilary was not a birther. This is something that right-wing candidates have been repeating a lot in the last few months. It's not true.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »
I am consistently aghast at the things he says and the things people are willing to overlook.

The year is 2015, and a political candidate who made this statement is leading national polls:

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. Sarcastically, Trump quipped, “He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Then, he added, “I like people that weren’t captured.”

It's astonishing, really.  They like the "greatness" charge so much, they'll look past his liberal past, unwillingness to tell us his policy plans, and overall obnoxiousness.