Author Topic: any advice on this Precontest Diet  (Read 3539 times)

BigIronMike25

any advice on this Precontest Diet
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »
any thoughts / advice on this guys???  Im 14weeks OUT!!! 

4:30 ~ 36grams Whey Protein upon waking + cup of coffee

5:00 ~  30-45 mins Cardio

5:45 ~  4 whole eggs + 1/2 cup oatmeal

8:30 ~  36grams Whey + 1/4 cup cashews

11:15 ~  10 oz Chicken Breast + large salad with FF Italian dressing

2:30  ~   8 oz Chicken Breast + 1 cup brown rice

4:00  ~    TRAIN

5:30 ~    48grams Whey in 12oz gatorade  (postworkout)

7:00  ~    10 oz sirloin + large salad with FF italian dressing

10:00 ~   25 grams of casein protein

let me know what you think guys...carbs will be adjusted frequently throughout depending on progress.....will eventually move to doing cardio 2 X day  ...once in AM and once after training...thanks fellas and have a great day!

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: any advice on this Precontest Diet
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 01:58:08 PM »
Dude idealy no one can make comment on this plan as a few things need to be known to assess your intake , things like Lean mass weight , body fat percentage, exercise plan, daily routine activity and work activity, food likes and dislikes etc etc , then and only then can one make a accurate calorie assesment on your plan, any thing elese would be just speculation and guess work , one thing I note though is your complex carb intake is relativly low , this could have a effect on your metabolisim with in about 2 weeks into this plan, plus idealy you need to alter your calorie intake every 12-14 days to resisit metabolic shut down !!

BigIronMike25

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 02:12:34 PM »
Dude idealy no one can make comment on this plan as a few things need to be known to assess your intake , things like Lean mass weight , body fat percentage, exercise plan, daily routine activity and work activity, food likes and dislikes etc etc , then and only then can one make a accurate calorie assesment on your plan, any thing elese would be just speculation and guess work , one thing I note though is your complex carb intake is relativly low , this could have a effect on your metabolisim with in about 2 weeks into this plan, plus idealy you need to alter your calorie intake every 12-14 days to resisit metabolic shut down !!
sorry bro i just PMed you as well..
stats:  6' 2"  211lbs  10.3% BF (as of 2wks ago)   23yrs old , been training 6 yrs
Training Schedule: i lift 5 days a week , off days are usually thursday and sunday
                          15-18 sets for large bodyparts.....12 sets for small ones
                          reps range from 6-15 for as much weight as i can handle with good
                          form.  cardio right now is only 3 days per week.   my job isnt too
                          labor intensive
hope this helps

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 03:16:49 PM »
How many weeks you got to show day ????

BigIronMike25

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 06:22:21 AM »
13weeks away

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 02:28:58 PM »
whats ur intake on cardio after workouts?

muscle
muscle

BigIronMike25

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 06:00:23 AM »
whats ur intake on cardio after workouts?
muscle

sorry muscle dont understand the question...what exactly are you asking?

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 07:10:56 AM »
Sounds "Good" to me, but who am I ??? ??? Please keep us posted on
your progress 8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 02:22:06 PM »
What's up bro, here is my input.

*Note: I know Big Mike, we used to train at the same gym, and still try to train together when we can, (how those legs feeling bro :)) Mike and I constantly go back and forth trying to help each other out but I thought I'd put my 2cents in on paper, sometimes it helps seeing things laid out in front of you.

Here is what I'd change bro:

Cardio done on empty stomach at least by wk 8, followed by whey protein immediately after, and followed by whole food meal 45-60min later.

One of the biggest things I noticed is that your pre-training meal and post training meal are 4hrs a part, that is too long to go without protein especially since you are running on a deficit of calories.

Here is a revised outline of what I might do if I were in your shoes:

4:30- coffee

5:00- Whey Protein

6:00- 6 whole eggs + 1/2 cup oatmeal

8:30- Whey + 1/4 cup cashews

11:00- 8 oz Chicken Breast large salad 1/2tbs olive oil

1:30- 8 oz Chicken Breast + 1 cup brown rice

3:30- Whey Protein

4:00- Train

5:30- Whey in 12oz Gatorade

6:30- 10 oz sirloin + large salad 1/2tbs olive oil

Before bed- 20g casein 20g whey in water

By wk 12 I'd like to see you cycling your carbs with low, medium and high days, as well as bump up the cardio. I think with your lean build and good metabolism you'll be able to get away with less then I do, but I do not think 3xwk 30-45 min is going to cut it for you once show time starts getting closer.

By 6wks out if you may even consider dropping the red meat and substituting that meal with egg whites.

Last off, if you go the carb cycle route I'd like to see you supplementing with fish oils and flax seed oil especially on your low carb days.

Good luck bro, you'll do well. I also think you may be underestimating how well you will do. Being your first show there are a lot of unknowns as to how your body will respond to various things, so I am not implying you should follow my advice perfectly, there is going to be a lot of trial and error and this will be a great learning process.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 02:43:43 PM »

THANKS For your input and kind words big JARNOLD...you know how much i appeciate that!!! I definitely plan on using some if not all your reccomendations....like you said a lotta trial and error....i'll be bumpin my cardio up to 4 X a week at 10wks out...and up to 5 x week at 8 weeks OUT and may go up to 6 X a week if need be..im already taking alot of OMEGA 3 Fish oils and will continue to do so!!  and cardio will be done on an empty stomach here in the next few weeks (chris aceto reccomends it bigtime and he knows his shit)..thanks for the thoughts bro i'll holla at you later!!

BIG Mike

What's up bro, here is my input.

*Note: I know Big Mike, we used to train at the same gym, and still try to train together when we can, (how those legs feeling bro :)) Mike and I constantly go back and forth trying to help each other out but I thought I'd put my 2cents in on paper, sometimes it helps seeing things laid out in front of you.

Here is what I'd change bro:

Cardio done on empty stomach at least by wk 8, followed by whey protein immediately after, and followed by whole food meal 45-60min later.

One of the biggest things I noticed is that your pre-training meal and post training meal are 4hrs a part, that is too long to go without protein especially since you are running on a deficit of calories.

Here is a revised outline of what I might do if I were in your shoes:

4:30- coffee

5:00- Whey Protein

6:00- 6 whole eggs + 1/2 cup oatmeal

8:30- Whey + 1/4 cup cashews

11:00- 8 oz Chicken Breast large salad 1/2tbs olive oil

1:30- 8 oz Chicken Breast + 1 cup brown rice

3:30- Whey Protein

4:00- Train

5:30- Whey in 12oz Gatorade

6:30- 10 oz sirloin + large salad 1/2tbs olive oil

Before bed- 20g casein 20g whey in water

By wk 12 I'd like to see you cycling your carbs with low, medium and high days, as well as bump up the cardio. I think with your lean build and good metabolism you'll be able to get away with less then I do, but I do not think 3xwk 30-45 min is going to cut it for you once show time starts getting closer.

By 6wks out if you may even consider dropping the red meat and substituting that meal with egg whites.

Last off, if you go the carb cycle route I'd like to see you supplementing with fish oils and flax seed oil especially on your low carb days.

Good luck bro, you'll do well. I also think you may be underestimating how well you will do. Being your first show there are a lot of unknowns as to how your body will respond to various things, so I am not implying you should follow my advice perfectly, there is going to be a lot of trial and error and this will be a great learning process.