Author Topic: Will Jocelyn Pelletier.......  (Read 6106 times)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Will Jocelyn Pelletier.......
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »
be allowed into the new Pro Division?
HAHA, RON.....

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Will Jocelyn Pelletier.......
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:29:11 PM »
be allowed into the new Pro Division?

Yes, Wayne is good friends with Jocelyn.   He was invited twice by Wayne to compete in the Night of Champions.  Obviously for entertainment. 
A

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »
He should do very well

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »
Yes, Wayne is good friends with Jocelyn.   He was invited twice by Wayne to compete in the Night of Champions.  Obviously for entertainment.

It seemed like Wayne and Jocelyn were friends.  I remember when Wayne would announce him he would refer to him as "the one and only" or something along those lines.

But wasn't the NOC an open show?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 04:23:53 PM »
Just a question , with no disrespect meant , but how did Jocelyn qualify for his pro card , I wouldnt think it would have been at the USA NPC,s !!!??

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 04:25:42 PM »
Just a question , with no disrespect meant , but how did Jocelyn qualify for his pro card , I wouldnt think it would have been at the USA NPC,s !!!??
he finished 10th at the 1936 NPC USA's as a featherweight.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »

he was well before the NPC.  and he's Canadian.

Jocelyn Pelletier won his class at the 1976 IFBB Mr International.  Was also in the 1976 IFBB Universe (world amateur championships).  he may have won the Canadian championships prior to that, but my records aren't complete there.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 04:38:17 PM »
Here he is in his prime:

Here is how he stacks up with the current crop:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=56403.0

:-\

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »
He'd make the perfect successor to Chic.  I hope he shows up to that exclusive meeting they are having.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »
he's so old he sat behind Abraham Lincoln in the third grade, he's so old he knew Alexander before he was great.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
he's so old he sat behind Abraham Lincoln in the third grade, he's so old he knew Alexander before he was great.

He's do old his social security number is 1

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »
He's so old, when he was a kid everything was rocks.  There wasn't even dirt yet.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
Giving respect where respect is earnt , he is still out there doing it ,giving it a go and trying his best , that my friends is 100% more than what half the guys on this site could ever do !! You gotta note that most of the guys Jocelyns age are fighting illness and poor health issues , never mind ever thinking about doing a bodybuilding show , He certantly has my respect !!!

Arnold Schnazzleberger

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »
Hrd, so true

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 05:39:29 PM »
Giving respect where respect is earnt , he is still out there doing it ,giving it a go and trying his best , that my friends is 100% more than what half the guys on this site could ever do !! You gotta note that most of the guys Jocelyns age are fighting illness and poor health issues , never mind ever thinking about doing a bodybuilding show , He certantly has my respect !!!

I believe he was born in 1947, and I'm not sure what you mean by saying he is trying his best - he looks like he just throws on posing trunks and walks on stage.  Other men his age look exactly the same and don't even workout.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »
So that has him close to 60 years of age , dont you think it would be better if you didnt judge the phsyique considering the compettion he goes up aginst and just judged the effort for which you have got to applaude !!
If you look for the worst in something all the time you can only expect to receive the worst !!!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 05:48:55 PM »
So that has him close to 60 years of age , dont you think it would be better if you didnt judge the phsyique considering the compettion he goes up aginst and just judged the effort for which you have got to applaude !!
If you look for the worst in something all the time you can only expect to receive the worst !!!

I would counter this argument in two ways:

1. Pro bodybuilding is all about appearance and being judged.  If he doesn't like it, he  chose the wrong profession.  Further, I would even go so far as to say it is an insult to the paying fans to see him walk on stage in the condition he is in.

2. I don't think "effort" has a place in Jocelyn's vocabulary.  I don't even think he works out.  Even for his age, he doesn't look good at all.  I honestly think the only thing he does for contest preparation is puts on a pair of posing trunks.  He doesn't even put in the time and effort required to get a good tan.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »

If he just wanted to be recognized for his effort, he should have entered a local show (master's division), NOT a premire IFBB event where it IS all about competition.

He's not a clown because he's onstage in his late 50's, he's a clown because of which stage he chose to step on.
Ron: "I am lazy."

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 05:54:25 PM »
« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:48:55 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: HRDCOR on Today at 05:45:50 PM

I would counter this argument in two ways:

1. Pro bodybuilding is all about appearance and being judged.  If he doesn't like it, he  chose the wrong profession.  Further, I would even go so far as to say it is an insult to the paying fans to see him walk on stage in the condition he is in.

2. I don't think "effort" has a place in Jocelyn's vocabulary.  I don't even think he works out.  Even for his age, he doesn't look good at all.  I honestly think the only thing he does for contest preparation is puts on a pair of posing trunks.  He doesn't even put in the time and effort required to get a good tan.

Viable argument , granted , but I just think at least he is trying , maybe he should relinquish his Pro status and return to amature local level , but at least he still has a love for the sport I guess !!! Masybe that is why he still does it , for the love of it , sure as hell cant be for the prize money !!

Still he has my respect for guts and passion !!!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 06:03:40 PM »
I don't really know if he has love for bodybuilding (i.e., the actual workouts and dieting aspect), or if he just likes to go on stage in front of a big crowd and pose.

In any case, I do agree that if he loves bodybuilding he should stick with local masters shows.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 07:02:05 PM »
That photo of him in his prime (if that is him) has him looking pretty good though you gotta admitt, he gets pionts for that !

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »
x
Bodybuilding Pro.com

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 07:35:30 PM »
When he appears on stage these days, the entire crowd is embarassed both for him and for being there and watching. He should not show up and enter pro shows. Sorry.
a

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »
So, are you guys saying he won't qualify for the O this year?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 07:44:14 PM »
He just might if every one elese goes over to the New Federation !!!

Shit I may even get a look in !! Cool !