Author Topic: remembering Keith Jones aka Onlyme  (Read 19987 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: remembering Keith Jones aka Onlyme
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2015, 09:19:04 PM »
When he died, I remember asking stunt if he felt that was entirely true and he agreed that it was not.  Stunt is a real person who knew him, as opposed to you - who had an internet association with him late on and still saw fit to call his daughter when he died ::)

Keith could have lost the weight.  It wasn't the case that if Keith exercised, he immediately got problems with his leg.  He might have had setbacks, sure - but it is totally inaccurate to suggest he couldn't have recovered.  I knew that people like you would spout that urban myth, later down the track when enough people had forgotten so I made sure I got the truth to remind you of it.

I don't even remember Keith himself claiming that it was impossible for him to exercise either.

The truth is that Keith was fat when he was somebody and exercising. 

He was like many people on this board, probably a decent person in real life, but he was a nasty fucker at times on this board.  A fact you studiously chose to ignore, despite your constant flux with others whom you troll.

I rarely give you shit Vince, but you creep me the fuck out when it comes to onlyme.  He only got a pass from you because he was nasty to Goodrum, which fit your agenda.

Not to derail the thread of course, but Basile lays it on a bit thick when it comes to Keith.

100% true. Same way he latched on to bigmc's enemies later - even the beaked Punjab, who then turned on him as well. From fair dinkum to flotsam in just a few posts.

Transparent as glass; his only 'friend' criteria is that you either defend him or dislike his critics. Truly doubt he has any in real life.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2015, 09:22:52 PM »
You pride yourself on precision but are full of crap here. I told Keith a few times he was over the top re bagging Goodrum racially. I wanted no part of that. At one time Keith wouldn't answer my calls because he was upset I didn't support him on Getbig. We also talked about losing weight. I  happened to know a bit about obesity and how hard it is for fat people to lose weight. He did try several times but like I said he got derailed by health issues like his calf swelling up and other worries. Those of us who haven't experienced obesity and the health problems associated with it have little idea what they go through. He even told me he didn't eat that much. So it appears that what he did eat ended up making him fatter. The mechanism to control weight in severely fat people is askew and when they try to lose weight the body assumes it is starving so they don't have much energy. When they eat normally again the body stores more energy as fat in case it is starved again. So dieting can lead to more fat being stored over time. Go read Dimensions Magazine online to find out what the fat people are saying.

If you examine the photos below you will see his leg is swollen with fluid retention or edema. Obesity plus edema is a deadly combination. Various infections can attack the legs and cause swelling, redness and soreness. That condition often persists and sufferers retain the red, swollen body part afterwards. Imagine trying to exercise with a 31 inch calf. Heck you would hardly be able to walk. Cellulitis is a horrible disease and is painful and hard to cure.

Most guys who attend gyms or do bodybuilding figure it is easy to control body composition. Yes, for them it is because it is difficult for them to gain weight and size. When they stop gorging themselves the body tends to get rid of the extra weight and lo and behold they look like they never trained before.

I had no agenda re Goodrum. I just called him out for his bullshit. At one stage I invited him to come to Australia so I could train him and show the lads on Getbig. That never happened. When we discovered he was gay that pretty much put an end to any help I could give him. I called him in Vegas and offered to send him some money because he said he was using coupons to get meals, etc. He said he didn't need any help and was with someone. That was Vissy, I guess.
I always try to help the underdog and have done that since I was a kid. Goodrum is his own worst enemy and all his threads end up with his getting bagged whether I post in them or not.

Absolute horseshit.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »

Come on Vince, you spoke with Travis on the phone.  Keith was a scam artist who took a lot of peoples money from Travis to Thomas......he even got Dave Palumbo, getting him to fly down to Hawaii to promote his gym and cancelling the check he gave him while he was on the flight back to New York.  Also got Shawn Ray with the same scam.  In addition, he took hundreds of thousand of dollars for a gym in Vegas that was never going to open or even built at the 2007 Olympia (part of the shelved files but I hinted to it back in 2010 with that thread on the fax machine) If Keith was alive today, he would be doing time in prison for about 15 years.  

what character

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »
He was training for a shot at the Olympics,

He was not ,  he never competed in a sanctioned event .

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2015, 09:56:27 PM »

Come on Vince, you spoke with Travis on the phone.  Keith was a scam artist who took a lot of peoples money from Travis to Thomas......he even got Dave Palumbo, getting him to fly down to Hawaii to promote his gym and cancelling the check he gave him while he was on the flight back to New York.  Also got Shawn Ray with the same scam.  In addition, he took hundreds of thousand of dollars for a gym in Vegas that was never going to open or even built at the 2007 Olympia (part of the shelved files but I hinted to it back in 2010 with that thread on the fax machine) If Keith was alive today, he would be doing time in prison for about 15 years.  

He was the ONLY TRULY worthy opponent on Getbig that I had.  We went back and forth hard for 5 years straight every single day.  I didn't walk away unscathed neither I'll have to admit.  I'm more than sure that he's the reason I now take meds for high blood pressure....but he was a fucking scumbag and con-man hands down for whatever reason.  

Always thought he crossed the line with some of the gay insults, Vince. Seemed unnecessary and excessive, but it was probably just because you got under his skin.

That said, please tell us, how old were you when you first realized you were black?

adamhatfield99

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »

That's exactly where he solicted money for that gym scam. 

Really?

At the 2007 Mr. Olympia press conference, Pete Grymkowski was going on and on about Muscle Mafia, from the audience, until Bob Chick called him out on it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »

He was the ONLY TRULY worthy opponent on Getbig that I had.  We went back and forth hard for 5 years straight every single day.  I didn't walk away unscathed neither I'll have to admit.  I'm more than sure that he's the reason I now take meds for high blood pressure....but he was a fucking scumbag and con-man hands down for whatever reason.  

Melvin Goodrum has high blood pressure and figures maybe the feud with Only me caused it? I rather doubt it. Keith wasn't the only one to bag Vince G CSN MFT. Lots of guys got on the tar and feather bandwagon. Goodrum has been taking a thrashing here on Getbig for a decade at least. He figures he is an internet legend but only in reverse if you know what I mean.

Being overweight, not exercising enough, living on one's own, struggling to pay bills, dealing with a relationship ending, etc., etc., can all impact on one's health.

Keith would be smiling if he could read that confession!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2015, 11:15:01 PM »
Melvin Goodrum has high blood pressure and figures maybe the feud with Only me caused it? I rather doubt it. Keith wasn't the only one to bag Vince G CSN MFT. Lots of guys got on the tar and feather bandwagon. Goodrum has been taking a thrashing here on Getbig for a decade at least. He figures he is an internet legend but only in reverse if you know what I mean.

Being overweight, not exercising enough, living on one's own, struggling to pay bills, dealing with a relationship ending, etc., etc., can all impact on one's health.

Why do you respond to him like a movie voiceover, narrating events to the whole board? You're such a smug blowhard, old man.

The lies they'll tell at your funeral, man. Both of them, neither wanting to be rude. But they'll share a knowing 'Not really' look and mutherfuck you later at the pub.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2015, 11:39:51 PM »
Why do you respond to him like a movie voiceover, narrating events to the whole board? You're such a smug blowhard, old man.

The lies they'll tell at your funeral, man. Both of them, neither wanting to be rude. But they'll share a knowing 'Not really' look and mutherfuck you later at the pub.

I don't want a funeral. Way too hypocritical for me. Might donate my body to a university for a laugh. At least no one will say, "Hey, he was 'The Ugly' on Getbig!"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
I don't want a funeral. Way too hypocritical for me. Might donate my body to a university for a laugh. At least no one will say, "Hey, he was 'The Ugly' on Getbig!"

Wouldn't it be something if Lee Priest's kid showed up? Not sure if that's irony, or perfect irony, but it'd certainly be a hoot.

Not the kid showing up so much, but you being in a box and all. There's your hoot.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2015, 12:36:03 AM »
Wouldn't it be something if Lee Priest's kid showed up? Not sure if that's irony, or perfect irony, but it'd certainly be a hoot.

Not the kid showing up so much, but you being in a box and all. There's your hoot.

What would be a hoot at a funeral would be to have a 'body' fall out of the bottom of the coffin when moved. Of course, not the real corpse.

I am not religious so don't want a funeral whatsoever. I find them offensive. Funerals are for the living, of course, but each

of us should have the right not to have one.

Lee Priest didn't mind my showing up there. I was the only other bodybuilder there besides his mum. His grandfather would have welcomed me so that

is good enough for me.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2015, 01:13:41 AM »
I think of Keith pretty much every time I log on here. I knew him back in the 1980s when he was a bouncer.

He could be your best friend as well as your worse enemy.

Our own Max Rep wrote a brief tribute to him on Iron Man.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/rip-keith-jones-a-fun-loving-strong-friend/

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2015, 01:32:10 AM »

small packages for a black man.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2015, 03:08:41 AM »
You pride yourself on precision but are full of crap here. I told Keith a few times he was over the top re bagging Goodrum racially. I wanted no part of that. At one time Keith wouldn't answer my calls because he was upset I didn't support him on Getbig. We also talked about losing weight. I  happened to know a bit about obesity and how hard it is for fat people to lose weight. He did try several times but like I said he got derailed by health issues like his calf swelling up and other worries. Those of us who haven't experienced obesity and the health problems associated with it have little idea what they go through. He even told me he didn't eat that much. So it appears that what he did eat ended up making him fatter. The mechanism to control weight in severely fat people is askew and when they try to lose weight the body assumes it is starving so they don't have much energy. When they eat normally again the body stores more energy as fat in case it is starved again. So dieting can lead to more fat being stored over time. Go read Dimensions Magazine online to find out what the fat people are saying.

If you examine the photos below you will see his leg is swollen with fluid retention or edema. Obesity plus edema is a deadly combination. Various infections can attack the legs and cause swelling, redness and soreness. That condition often persists and sufferers retain the red, swollen body part afterwards. Imagine trying to exercise with a 31 inch calf. Heck you would hardly be able to walk. Cellulitis is a horrible disease and is painful and hard to cure.

Most guys who attend gyms or do bodybuilding figure it is easy to control body composition. Yes, for them it is because it is difficult for them to gain weight and size. When they stop gorging themselves the body tends to get rid of the extra weight and lo and behold they look like they never trained before.

I had no agenda re Goodrum. I just called him out for his bullshit. At one stage I invited him to come to Australia so I could train him and show the lads on Getbig. That never happened. When we discovered he was gay that pretty much put an end to any help I could give him. I called him in Vegas and offered to send him some money because he said he was using coupons to get meals, etc. He said he didn't need any help and was with someone. That was Vissy, I guess.
I always try to help the underdog and have done that since I was a kid. Goodrum is his own worst enemy and all his threads end up with his getting bagged whether I post in them or not.

I can examine the photo, Vince, but the fact remains - Keith wasn't incapable of losing his weight.  He had opportunity to do so and his adversity was not all encompassing. 

By agenda I am only really referring to the feud with Melvin.  Nothing more.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2015, 03:10:33 AM »
He could be your best friend as well as your worse enemy.

I like that tribute - because it's reasonable and it isn't negative.  I wasn't down with the evangelising occurring in this thread, earlier on.  Glad we're back to reality.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2015, 03:22:30 AM »
I love getting flamed.  It gets me hot.  Anyway, I am in the gym training 4 to 5 days a week.  I am starting to do some cardio.  I have a virus right now in fact gotta go to doctor to get some drugs.  Weight is slowly coming off.  I have something to do ion June so I am trying to lose as much as possible by then.  I have something else to do in July.  As long as I stay healthy I am in the gym.  My strength is coming back really good.  I feel it is at least a little better being fat and strong than being fat and weak.  This way I can weight train a couple days a week and do only cardio on the other days.  Dieting is so-so.  Cut back on a lot of crap but can't go cold turkey.  I am really hoping to be be back about 80% by the Olympia this year so I can go and not worry about the photos of me.  We will see.  

Just leaving this for Vince Basile, here - just in case he actually seriously thinks onlyme wasn't eating a lot.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2015, 03:25:26 AM »
Why are we worrying about what Keith did or did not eat years ago? Neither of us know the truth.

I liked Keith and we had a lot of laughs on the phone and on Getbig. That is how I want to remember him.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2015, 06:46:10 AM »
He was not ,  he never competed in a sanctioned event .

Ok, I admit I am fuzzy on that part, I do remember him posting paper work that he was sort of in that amateur/working his way up stage.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2015, 06:54:36 AM »
If anyone is interested, I dug up the story of the spider bite. This was Keith responding to questions about it, and his weight gain -

"Jeez, here is the short reason.  I moved to LA in Dec of 97' to train for the 2000 Olympics (discus).  I lived at a friends house in Lakewood.  I fell asleep in the living room and apparently according to 9 doctors I got bit by a brown recluse.  When my friend came home from work I was half passed out on the couch and floor.  I weighed 293 when I got bit.  I was going down to 275.  I was riding my bike in Hawaii 28 miles a day (7 miles to the gym twice a day 4 days a week)  plus I lived in Waialae Iki which has a very steep hill and I had to ride up that plus over Diamond Head.  On weekends I pulled a truck tire filled with cement (weighed about 120 lbs or so, plus drag).  I was benching 500 and cardio wise was in the best shape ever.  

When I got but I spent almost the entire month of March (98') in the hospital.  The doctors were seriously thinking about amputation and I said NO WAY!  The photo below is about 10 hours after I checked into the hospital.  About 2 days later a doctor climbed up on my bed with about 10 other doctors watching and preceded to cut the blister off and then use all of his weight to scrap the open sore.  When I first checked in I was given 3 diffewrent types of anibiotics.  I woke up with hives covering every part of my body except my hands, feet and head.  I had an allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics.  So now they had to figure out which one.  Anyway, I chewcked out about a month later or so.  I still had the open wound.  I had to daily change dressing and such.  I took my meds for only a week though.  I think that might have been where I fucked up.  Anyway, for the next t months I spent most of the time crawling on the floor cause the leg hurt so bad.  No lifting.

Then I started to get sick monthly.  Symptoms were the same every month and happened almost the same time during the month.  Maybe off a day or two.  I got a very high fever, my leg got very very red and my upper inside of my right leg would hurt.  The next day my skin would start to peel off my leg like a really bad sunburn.  I would spend alot of my day peeling my skin.  My leg was so red and hot I slept with it hanging off my bed.  The high fever made my body really sore.  I would be so  hot I would shiver.  I had a roman bathtub so I would put the hottest possible water in it and just lay there for hours.  Now when I walked I would kind of hobble.  So my back would go out from a previous injury (ruptured L4 & L5)  This went on for the next five years.  Everytime I would try and go to the gym it seemed like the next day I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed.  So I spent almost all day in either bed or my bathtub.  During this time I ate.  I ate normally.  Nothing different that when I was training.  Well the weight started to go on me and very fast.  I went from 293 to 399 in about 4 months.  

All this had nothing to do with the spider bite.  I never said that.  The idiots on here did.  I said because of what happened from the bite it prevented me from training or doing anything.  My last major issue with my leg was at Christmas 2007 when I spent two weeks in the hospital because my leg swelled up to 32" and it would not go down.  Since then I have not had any major issues with my leg.  BUT, because of what happened my immune system is fucked up.  I was known by everyone has being healthy and I never got sick.  I had been to the doctor twice before this bite since high school.  One was for my back and the other was 10 years later when I snapped my achilles tendon.

Since my bite I have had all kinds of shit happen.  I caught pnemonia this past March and was in the hospital.  I now get gout every now and then which is so fucking painful it is unreal.  And my back goes out sometimes.  I was back in the gym regulary up until March.  Then rigfht after that I got gout really bad in both ankles.  That was unreal painful.  

So, in short (kinda) I went from being very fit and strong to not being able to do anything.  My mind is getting better and I am getting better with the eating and I am walking alot more than I used too.  I am taking it slowly so I don't get sick or anything happens.  I feel great now so everything is looking good.  

I am not someone who pretends to be something I am not.  Goodrum is a pretender.  So is this trustnoone and guys like McAnusLicker.  I am fat and I admit it.  But one thing did not get affected and that is my brain and memory.  I what I lack in physical appearence for now I still know some things and I don't need to pretend." .

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2015, 07:05:42 AM »
The Brown recluse spider doesn't exist in California...It's found East of the Mississippi.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2015, 07:07:09 AM »
Ok, I admit I am fuzzy on that part, I do remember him posting paper work that he was sort of in that amateur/working his way up stage.

He  never competed , not even once . its like SF1900 going to work out at the gym and saying he is getting ready for the 2018  Mr Olympia.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2015, 07:12:19 AM »
He  never competed , not even once . its like SF1900 going to work out at the gym and saying he is getting ready for the 2018  Mr Olympia.

Ok, if he fibbed a bit, I'm willing to forgive him on it :).

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »

Its possible, depending on who he got on his knees for.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2015, 07:32:59 AM »

::) ::) ::)
X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2015, 07:40:58 AM »
I see Keith every time I walk by my fridge. Rest easy big man.