Author Topic: remembering Keith Jones aka Onlyme  (Read 19986 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: remembering Keith Jones aka Onlyme
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »
Onlyme will be missed, big dude ....all the way big dude.
L

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
Keith lived with Stuntmovie so he knows what happened to Keith.

Have a read of the funniest story ever posted on Getbig.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=70861.0

Ah, grown-up fart humor. Howard should really enjoy this.

His daughter was here shortly after he passed. She seemed really sweet, poor thing.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »
you realize I dont have the ability to feel empathy? Its been noted on here 188 times, hence why I said nothing personal, its just a case of me not understanding. Also, Ive been on getbig since 2005, thats no secret to anyone on here

Ok, sorry for my outburst. I actually met Keith back in the 80's at Golds in Hampton drive , Venice when I was on secondment to the US Navy. He didn't know who I was on Getbig at first but via PM's he finally remembered the shaven headed Scottish RAF man who had sometimes done a chest workout with him back in the day.
I consider myself a strong presser but Keith was a genuine freak and made me feel weak.
Fast forward 20 years and I'm talking to him again on here. But I use an assumed name so he doesn't know that I know him. I did a psychological assessment of him which he related to ( the fact that he was adopted and his parents paid his older brother special attention) and I followed up by PM and I was stoked that he remembered me.
I was absolutely stunned when he died. He had sent me a PM like a day before he died saying he felt "funny" for the past few days. I just wish he could have lost the weight and got himself back into shape because believe me he was a very decent human.

Sorry again Potatank but I have a great deal of affection and respect for Keith (no Homo  ;))

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »
Ok, sorry for my outburst. I actually met Keith back in the 80's at Golds in Hampton drive , Venice when I was on secondment to the US Navy. He didn't know who I was on Getbig at first but via PM's he finally remembered the shaven headed Scottish RAF man who had sometimes done a chest workout with him back in the day.
I consider myself a strong presser but Keith was a genuine freak and made me feel weak.
Fast forward 20 years and I'm talking to him again on here. But I use an assumed name so he doesn't know that I know him. I did a psychological assessment of him which he related to ( the fact that he was adopted and his parents paid his older brother special attention) and I followed up by PM and I was stoked that he remembered me.
I was absolutely stunned when he died. He had sent me a PM like a day before he died saying he felt "funny" for the past few days. I just wish he could have lost the weight and got himself back into shape because believe me he was a very decent human.

Sorry again Potatank but I have a great deal of affection and respect for Keith (no Homo  ;))

pfffft no need to apologize. Im sure he was  a great guy, Im just missing a few bolts and screws for some emotions  :D

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »
pfffft no need to apologize. Im sure he was  a great guy, Im just missing a few bolts and screws for some emotions  :D

Well in that case I envy you because life would be a lot easier without these bolts and screws.
I sometimes envy the simple animals and birds who live their life enjoying the heat of the sun before dropping dead.
We humans are cursed with empathy.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
Well in that case I envy you because life would be a lot easier without these bolts and screws.
I sometimes envy the simple animals and birds who live their life enjoying the heat of the sun before dropping dead.
We humans are cursed with empathy.

Double-edged sword, brother.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 05:24:41 PM »
Anyone have his clip from OTT?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »

I talked to Keith on the phone just a week before he died. People here were advising Keith about how to lose weight. Some even suggested taking some dangerous drugs. He did try several times but every time he was committed he ended up sick or in the hospital so he never persisted because of severe health problems. He posted that one of his legs measured 31 inches around the calves. That is fluid retention. I honestly don't think the doctors knew how to treat him. When he gained even more weight he ended up getting skin infections that impacted on him in a serious way. Cellulitis can be serious and did damage his health. Many have speculated on Keith's demise but only Stuntmovie and his family know what really happened. I worried that Keith might have been desperate to lose weight so might have tried some of those dangerous things. However, that is just speculation and I don't know the particulars of what happened to Keith.

There is a long thread about Keith on the History board: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=362253.0

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »
IMO,  Keith's photoshop of Vince G's face contained in a piece of sh!t in a toilet is the single funniest thing I've ever seen on this site.

RIP

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »

I talked to Keith on the phone just a week before he died. People here were advising Keith about how to lose weight. Some even suggested taking some dangerous drugs. He did try several times but every time he was committed he ended up sick or in the hospital so he never persisted because of severe health problems. He posted that one of his legs measured 31 inches around the calves. That is fluid retention. I honestly don't think the doctors knew how to treat him. When he gained even more weight he ended up getting skin infections that impacted on him in a serious way. Cellulitis can be serious and did damage his health. Many have speculated on Keith's demise but only Stuntmovie and his family know what really happened. I worried that Keith might have been desperate to lose weight so might have tried some of those dangerous things. However, that is just speculation and I don't know the particulars of what happened to Keith.

There is a long thread about Keith on the History board: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=362253.0

Vince it was sad seeing his decline. He posted pictures of himself at an event which might have been an Olympia around the mid 2000's with Pete Grymlokowski (not sure) and he looked terrible at 500lbs or so.
I'm thinking he was only early 50's when he died which is way too early.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »

Vince it was sad seeing his decline. He posted pictures of himself at an event which might have been an Olympia around the mid 2000's with Pete Grymlokowski (not sure) and he looked terrible at 500lbs or so.
I'm thinking he was only early 50's when he died which is way too early.

Keith had family in Hawaii and spoke with his daughter daily. However, he had a big gym in the sky project he was going to open in Las Vegas. That never happened. Towards the end it seemed he had a falling out with Pete G. I guess Pete was going to be a partner in the new venture. The property market was hit hard around that time and money dried up. Besides, there were heaps of other gyms around. I honestly didn't see how he was going to make a profit. He assured me MMA was the way to go and he had everything set up. Site, staff, equipment, name, ads, etc. That is why he remained in Las Vegas. He must have been struggling to pay his bills because Travis here on Getbig was never paid what he was owed for some T-shirts. I think he accepted a deal from Keith in the end. I couldn't believe he was at the Olympia at the time Goodrum did a posedown with Billy Guns on a table. Had Keith attended with his Han-D-Gas fart machine it would have been hilarious.

I am posting a photoshop of Keith here because Keith was good at bagging others in this way.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

He did try several times but every time he was committed he ended up sick or in the hospital so he never persisted because of severe health problems.

When he died, I remember asking stunt if he felt that was entirely true and he agreed that it was not.  Stunt is a real person who knew him, as opposed to you - who had an internet association with him late on and still saw fit to call his daughter when he died ::)

Keith could have lost the weight.  It wasn't the case that if Keith exercised, he immediately got problems with his leg.  He might have had setbacks, sure - but it is totally inaccurate to suggest he couldn't have recovered.  I knew that people like you would spout that urban myth, later down the track when enough people had forgotten so I made sure I got the truth to remind you of it.

I don't even remember Keith himself claiming that it was impossible for him to exercise either.

The truth is that Keith was fat when he was somebody and exercising. 

He was like many people on this board, probably a decent person in real life, but he was a nasty fucker at times on this board.  A fact you studiously chose to ignore, despite your constant flux with others whom you troll.

I rarely give you shit Vince, but you creep me the fuck out when it comes to onlyme.  He only got a pass from you because he was nasty to Goodrum, which fit your agenda.

Not to derail the thread of course, but Basile lays it on a bit thick when it comes to Keith.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »
When he died, I remember asking stunt if he felt that was entirely true and he agreed that it was not.  Stunt is a real person who knew him, as opposed to you - who had an internet association with him late on and still saw fit to call his daughter when he died ::)

Keith could have lost the weight.  It wasn't the case that if Keith exercised, he immediately got problems with his leg.  He might have had setbacks, sure - but it is totally inaccurate to suggest he couldn't have recovered.  I knew that people like you would spout that urban myth, later down the track when enough people had forgotten so I made sure I got the truth to remind you of it.

I don't even remember Keith himself claiming that it was impossible for him to exercise either.

He was like many people on this board, probably a decent person in real life, but he was a nasty fucker at times on this board.  A fact you studiously chose to ignore, despite your constant flux with others whom you troll.

I rarely give you shit Vince, but you creep me the fuck out when it comes to onlyme.  He only got a pass from you because he was nasty to Goodrum, which fit your agenda.

Not to derail the thread of course, but Basile lays it on a bit thick when it comes to Keith.

"Yes, I hate Goodrum, too!" = the extent of their "friendship."

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 06:58:42 PM »
Eating well consistently is too difficult for the majority of people nowadays.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
nothing personal against anyone, but I dont understand why we remember someone who died many years ago. They are dead. End of story. But I have different perspectives than people on a lot of stuff

Same reason why people remember Elvis. Keith was an icon.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »
Goodrum sucks.
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 07:11:43 PM »
When he died, I remember asking stunt if he felt that was entirely true and he agreed that it was not.  Stunt is a real person who knew him, as opposed to you - who had an internet association with him late on and still saw fit to call his daughter when he died ::))  

Keith could have lost the weight.  It wasn't the case that if Keith exercised, he immediately got problems with his leg.  He might have had setbacks, sure - but it is totally inaccurate to suggest he couldn't have recovered.  I knew that people like you would spout that urban myth, later down the track when enough people had forgotten so I made sure I got the truth to remind you of it.

He was like many people on this board, probably a decent person in real life, but he was a nasty fucker at times on this board.  A fact you studiously chose to ignore, despite your constant flux with others whom you troll.

I rarely give you shit Vince, but you creep me the fuck out when it comes to onlyme.  He only got a pass from you because he was nasty to Goodrum, which fit your agenda.

You pride yourself on precision but are full of crap here. I told Keith a few times he was over the top re bagging Goodrum racially. I wanted no part of that. At one time Keith wouldn't answer my calls because he was upset I didn't support him on Getbig. We also talked about losing weight. I  happened to know a bit about obesity and how hard it is for fat people to lose weight. He did try several times but like I said he got derailed by health issues like his calf swelling up and other worries. Those of us who haven't experienced obesity and the health problems associated with it have little idea what they go through. He even told me he didn't eat that much. So it appears that what he did eat ended up making him fatter. The mechanism to control weight in severely fat people is askew and when they try to lose weight the body assumes it is starving so they don't have much energy. When they eat normally again the body stores more energy as fat in case it is starved again. So dieting can lead to more fat being stored over time. Go read Dimensions Magazine online to find out what the fat people are saying.

If you examine the photos below you will see his leg is swollen with fluid retention or edema. Obesity plus edema is a deadly combination. Various infections can attack the legs and cause swelling, redness and soreness. That condition often persists and sufferers retain the red, swollen body part afterwards. Imagine trying to exercise with a 31 inch calf. Heck you would hardly be able to walk. Cellulitis is a horrible disease and is painful and hard to cure.

Most guys who attend gyms or do bodybuilding figure it is easy to control body composition. Yes, for them it is because it is difficult for them to gain weight and size. When they stop gorging themselves the body tends to get rid of the extra weight and lo and behold they look like they never trained before.

I had no agenda re Goodrum. I just called him out for his bullshit. At one stage I invited him to come to Australia so I could train him and show the lads on Getbig. That never happened. When we discovered he was gay that pretty much put an end to any help I could give him. I called him in Vegas and offered to send him some money because he said he was using coupons to get meals, etc. He said he didn't need any help and was with someone. That was Vissy, I guess.
I always try to help the underdog and have done that since I was a kid. Goodrum is his own worst enemy and all his threads end up with his getting bagged whether I post in them or not.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:27 PM »
Keith was relentless on me and was planning to crash all of my websites prior to his death.  However....I believe I crushed him finally with this thread where I outed all of his scams and ripping off people.  Afterwards, he hardly messed with me again.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=322932.0
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:46 PM »
Keith was relentless on me and was planning to crash all of my websites prior to his death.  However....I believe I crushed him finally with this thread where I outed all of his scams and ripping off people.  Afterwards, he hardly messed with me again.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=322932.0

You two were quite nasty to each other. Well beyond civil much of the time. Of course, I could always count on Keith to call you out if you exaggerated, etc.

adamhatfield99

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:06 PM »
When I saw him at the 2007 Mr. Olympia expo with Gareth, onlyme appeared to be over 600-lb.  He was working at the Muscle Mafia booth with Pete Grymkowski.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
You two were quite nasty to each other. Well beyond civil much of the time. Of course, I could always count on Keith to call you out if you exaggerated, etc.

Come on Vince, you spoke with Travis on the phone.  Keith was a scam artist who took a lot of peoples money from Travis to Thomas......he even got Dave Palumbo, getting him to fly down to Hawaii to promote his gym and cancelling the check he gave him while he was on the flight back to New York.  Also got Shawn Ray with the same scam.  In addition, he took hundreds of thousand of dollars for a gym in Vegas that was never going to open or even built at the 2007 Olympia (part of the shelved files but I hinted to it back in 2010 with that thread on the fax machine) If Keith was alive today, he would be doing time in prison for about 15 years.  

He was the ONLY TRULY worthy opponent on Getbig that I had.  We went back and forth hard for 5 years straight every single day.  I didn't walk away unscathed neither I'll have to admit.  I'm more than sure that he's the reason I now take meds for high blood pressure....but he was a fucking scumbag and con-man hands down for whatever reason.  
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »
When I saw him at the 2007 Mr. Olympia expo with Gareth, onlyme appeared to be over 600-lb.  He was working at the Muscle Mafia booth with Pete Grymkowski.

That's exactly where he solicted money for that gym scam. 
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »
Goodrum, if there is a heaven and you make it there, do you think you and Keith will have epic battled in heaven?

Also, do you think there will be extra chicken breasts and a flat screen tv in heaven for you?
X

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
Funny dude...

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »
Funny dude...

I read most of the other thread Goodrum posted. Where was he funny?

That thread sure looks bad for the guy?