Author Topic: la dodgers are nuts...  (Read 4483 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
la dodgers are nuts...
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
they have the highest payroll by far in baseball , now word is out that they are pursuing baseballs highest paid player in the offseason=oft injured giancarlo stanton. dodgers are paying 87.5 million in salary to guys not even on the roster this year, matt kemp, chad billingsly, dee gordon to name a few. plain nuts...
F

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: la dodgers are nuts...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
they have the highest payroll by far in baseball , now word is out that they are pursuing baseballs highest paid player in the offseason=oft injured giancarlo stanton. dodgers are paying 87.5 million in salary to guys not even on the roster this year, matt kemp, chad billingsly, dee gordon to name a few. plain nuts...

Having no salary cap and having lots of money is why the Yankees are always in in.

I think it's kind of dumb too and I'm a Dodgers fan.

They need to get some better relief pitchers.

Paying millions for shit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:39:03 PM »
Having no salary cap and having lots of money is why the Yankees are always in in.

AGon trade was beyond stupid - they took on about $400 million by acquiring useless Beckett and Crawford AND gave up minor league talent.   Of course, the Red Sox went right out and wasted the money on Sandoval and Ramirez, but that's a different story.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »

there's a salary cap you exceed it you have to pay a luxury tax... dodgers don't care i guess
F

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »
there's a salary cap you exceed it you have to pay a luxury tax... dodgers don't care i guess

For teams like the Yankees and Dodgers, who have tons of money, that's basically no salary cap.

You are correct though. I worded it poorly.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
they have terrible management is the issue...But these players bring fans to the games so it makes no difference...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »
You definitely need a happy medium. I am on the other end of the spectrum. My favorite team is the A's, and I am getting tired of Beane's moneyball nonsense. Sure, they are usually competitive, but they have not won shit in the grand scheme of things. I am tired of watching them get talented players (Donaldson, Cespedes, Lester, Samardzika etc.....) and then let them go, so they don't have to fork out any money.

In professional sports, you almost always have to pay a premium for talent. You don't have to break the bank to win, but you can't realistically be in the hunt every year, by constantly turning over your roster.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »
AGon trade was beyond stupid - they took on about $400 million by acquiring useless Beckett and Crawford AND gave up minor league talent.   Of course, the Red Sox went right out and wasted the money on Sandoval and Ramirez, but that's a different story.

As a HUGE Red Sox fan I gotta admit I thought HanRam was gonna be huge, Sandoval just got hyped cause Frisco won the Series so much. Of course the Sox pitching staff  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »
As a HUGE Red Sox fan I gotta admit I thought HanRam was gonna be huge, Sandoval just got hyped cause Frisco won the Series so much. Of course the Sox pitching staff  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Yeah, sox offense has potential, but I had them in the cellar preseason......wait..... WTF why are YOU a red sox fan?
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »
the thing with the dodgers a couple of the players that they are playing to play elsewhere could actually be helping the team now.... matt kemp and dee gordon aren't doing too badly...
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 06:09:20 AM »
Glad the Dodgers took Beckett, A-Gon and Crybaby Crawford off the Sox hands in 2012.
The next season they won another world series.

Maybe new Prez of BBO (Dave Dombrowski ) can help put a good team back together.
Since he came on board, and Farrell went on sick leave, Sox have performed much better.
21 and 11 in last 32 games or something like that? Finally out of last place (for now).

Got some good young players (JBJ, Xander, Mookie, etc).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 06:23:27 AM »
Glad the Dodgers took Beckett, A-Gon and Crybaby Crawford off the Sox hands in 2012.
The next season they won another world series.

Maybe new Prez of BBO (Dave Dombrowski ) can help put a good team back together.
Since he came on board, and Farrell went on sick leave, Sox have performed much better.
21 and 11 in last 32 games or something like that? Finally out of last place (for now).

Got some good young players (JBJ, Xander, Mookie, etc).

Yeah, but Boston went out and put that $$ right into Ramirez and Sandoval.

They need to spend $$ on pitching.....
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »
brian wilson was paid 9,5 million by the dodgers this year to sit home and grow his beard....don mattingly the yankee slipper was just released as dodger manager.
F

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »
brian wilson was paid 9,5 million by the dodgers this year to sit home and grow his beard....don mattingly the yankee slipper was just released as dodger manager.
i think Mattingly wanted out.

LA is stressful. If you don't win it all in LA, you're a failure.

It's the fans. I think it's ridiculous, but the fans have that mentality.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 06:26:22 PM »
Firing Mattingly is ridiculous....He has done such a great job with that team...they make the playoffs every year..they lost due to the Mets outstanding pitching

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 04:39:31 AM »
Firing Mattingly is ridiculous....He has done such a great job with that team...they make the playoffs every year..they lost due to the Mets outstanding pitching

Hopefully he finds another job soon. as a Yankee fan he was my favorite player growing up so I always will root for him to do well.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »

Hopefully he finds another job soon. as a Yankee fan he was my favorite player growing up so I always will root for him to do well.

Its just so idiotic to get upset with Mattingly for losing when he has done great things with the team over the past couple of years...I read an interesting article the other day which stated that Baseball is changing in that many organizations no longer consider the manager to be an integral part of the team....the general feeling is that you could stick ANYONE in the manager's position and win because baseball is pretty much programmed...starter to the 6th, middle reliever pitches 7th and 8th, closer in the 9th.......

RREMEMBER, the Marlins actually put in their GM to MANAGE......amazing!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »
cubs tried something called a coach's college years ago... each coach took a turn managing for a period, didn't work...
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 11:53:03 AM »
cubs tried something called a coach's college years ago... each coach took a turn managing for a period, didn't work...
they started the concept in 1961, check baseball reference.cpm to see results. interesting concept 8 coaches were to be rotated as managers 4 in the minors and 4 in the majors...
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »
this guy eventually became the manager after working in the coach's college system
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »
mattingly was a great player before back issues robbed him of some of his skills...earning him the derogatory nickname of the yankee slipper...in deference to the yankee clipper joe dimaggio..
F

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2015, 10:29:07 PM »

Around LA they are saying they offered him an extension and he declined it.

He wasn't fired. He wanted to leave.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 05:51:30 AM »
Around LA they are saying they offered him an extension and he declined it.

He wasn't fired. He wanted to leave.
              pretty much like sandberg for the phillies only successful ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F