Author Topic: Russell Wilson's New House  (Read 17156 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Russell Wilson's New House
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »
The love of....

I think its quite clear that Russell loves money, otherwise why accept close to a 90 million dollar deal?
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2015, 01:38:27 PM »
You don't know your own bible?  :-\ :-\ :-\ Matt Dillahunty can practically quote bible verses on the spot. Maybe you should read your bible and know as much of it as an atheist does.  :-\ :-\ Just type in bible and money.

Second, the whole idea about looking at in the context is dumb. This can apply to every passage in the bible. Epic contradictions all over the place. One part says this, another part says that. Thus, its almost impossible to accurately determine what your God wants. If God is the author of the bible, he is a pretty shitty author. He would definitely not win any awards for fiction. Can't make up his mind.

Its a favorite "argument" from theists. Always about the "context."

Let's just stay on topic.

Would you post those biblical quotes you mentioned? 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Let's just stay on topic.

Would you post those biblical quotes you mentioned? 

Staying on topic would be posting about Russell's house ;)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »
I think its quite clear that Russell loves money, otherwise why accept close to a 90 million dollar deal?

Accepting payment for a service is not the same thing as loving money. And even then, the bible doesn't equate loving money with evil. It very specifically says that loving money can lead to evil.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »

Staying on topic would be posting about Russell's house ;)

This is true, but it can all tie back in the end.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »
This is true, but it can all tie back in the end.

Yes they did get a great tight end in the trade with the Saints.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2015, 01:51:28 PM »
Accepting payment for a service is not the same thing as loving money. And even then, the bible doesn't equate loving money with evil. It very specifically says that loving money can lead to evil.

Yes, but he can easily accept a smaller salary or donate most of his money to charity. He chooses not to. The only conclusion is that he loves having an overwhelming amount of money. The fact that he is doing a service does not mean that he cant accept a smaller salary. He is choosing to accept large sums of money.

Personally, I don't care how much he gets paid. I agree that he is doing a service and getting paid for it. I am only speaking in the context of the bible.

The bible says, "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Again, I cant imagine any other reason to have such an overwhelming amount of money, unless one absolutely loves having that much money. Why else would he keep it? Why else would he buy such fancy things? He loves money and what it buys him. As most of us would.

Sorry, you can't convince me that Russell does not love money based on his lavish lifestyle.
X

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »
There are two huge gaps in what you're passing off as logic:  making money and loving money aren't the same thing. And even then, the bible warns against loving money as it can lead to evil, not that it is evil in itself. Wanting to be financially stable doesn't mean that one can't be "godly". In your opinion it might mean that, but by Christian standards and based on the bible quotes you are referencing, that's not the case.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2015, 02:08:33 PM »
There are two huge gaps in what you're passing off as logic:  making money and loving money aren't the same thing. And even then, the bible warns against loving money as it can lead to evil, not that it is evil in itself. Wanting to be financially stable doesn't mean that one can't be "godly". In your opinion it might mean that, but by Christian standards and based on the bible quotes you are referencing, that's not the case.

I obviously do not know Russell Wilson's "heart," but in my opinion he LOVES making money to buy outlandish items.

Further, there are some passages, as the one I posted above, where it does not indicate the problem with money is that it may lead to evil. In some places it says that, in other places it does not.

But Russell is not just financially stable. He is WAY beyond that, to the point of an outlandish extreme. Would God accept him buying a $15 million dollar mansion (I dont know how much it really cost) while there are starving children? He can give 10 million away to help starving children, and still live nicely in a 5 milllion dollar home. If God asks him why didn't he do this, what will he say?
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »
I obviously do not know Russell Wilson's "heart," but in my opinion he LOVES making money to buy outlandish items.

Further, there are some passages, as the one I posted above, where it does not indicate the problem with money is that it may lead to evil. In some places it says that, in other places it does not.

But Russell is not just financially stable. He is WAY beyond that, to the point of an outlandish extreme. Would God accept him buying a $15 million dollar mansion (I dont know how much it really cost) while there are starving children? He can give 10 million away to help starving children, and still live nicely in a 5 milllion dollar home. If God asks him why didn't he do this, what will he say?

Would you post those passages you're referring to here and the others you referenced previously?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2015, 02:31:49 PM »
Would you post those passages you're referring to here and the others you referenced previously?

dude, I posted it above in response to Al Doggity!
X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
Stay on topic, bro.  ;D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2015, 02:45:23 PM »

That's your own arbitrary limit, though. Someone making $45k a year doesn't "love" money less. They just likely don't have the ability to acquire more money. There's no indication that Russell  has compromised any of his other Christian beliefs to acquire the money he has. It really is not a christian belief that being poor is righteous and Godly. I'm no longer a practicing christian, but even the passage where the camel verse if from touches on that.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »
dude, I posted it above in response to Al Doggity!

I don't see any scripture references....book, chapter, verse(s)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
That's your own arbitrary limit, though. Someone making $45k a year doesn't "love" money less. They just likely don't have the ability to acquire more money. There's no indication that Russell  has compromised any of his other Christian beliefs to acquire the money he has. It really is not a christian belief that being poor is righteous and Godly. I'm no longer a practicing christian, but even the passage where the camel verse if from touches on that.

Then to be honest, your bible does a lousy job at putting forth any principles without having to jump through 1000 loopholes to understand it. Its arbitrary and up for interpretation. As I stated, if God was the author of the bible via divine inspiration, he did a pretty crap job at creating a consistent book. Its just all up for interpretation.

Also, the bible does say to give away all of your possessions to the poor. So another big question is what is Russell doing with his money. If hes hoarding it and not giving to charity or helping others, than I say this is against the bible. As the bible says, "Sell your possessions and give to the poor." A man who is right by God will help those in need to the best of his ability.
X

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2015, 03:28:24 PM »
Then to be honest, your bible does a lousy job at putting forth any principles without having to jump through 1000 loopholes to understand it. Its arbitrary and up for interpretation. As I stated, if God was the author of the bible via divine inspiration, he did a pretty crap job at creating a consistent book. Its just all up for interpretation.

Also, the bible does say to give away all of your possessions to the poor. So another big question is what is Russell doing with his money. If hes hoarding it and not giving to charity or helping others, than I say this is against the bible. As the bible says, "Sell your possessions and give to the poor." A man who is right by God will help those in need to the best of his ability.

sF bro, why have a rational conversation with the irrational? Its a waste of time. Their whole belief system of non sense is so fucked up, its virtually impossible to debate them. Its basically like talking to a child. There is no self doubt, no internal questioning, no self assessment with them. Its handed down generation to generation to the unluckiest of human children. Its a disease of the mind.

And to stay on topic, the dude is like mid 20s...if thats his house, he has the worst style ever. I would expect some rich ass baby boomer to find that gawdy house appealing.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »

It's not my bible. I dind't write it and , as I stated, I'm not a practicing Christian. I'm agnostic, at best. But I was raised in a religious household and did have a bit of a crisis of conscience when I was younger and a "believer" in regards to seeking out great financial success. Ultimately, I discovered it's not ungodly to want  money. One of the primary things you have to keep in mind is the difference between how the rich were seen then and now. They were seen as people in God's favor, not only economically higher but spiritually better. So, a lot of what Jesus says in the context of his audience taking for granted that the rich are better people. For instance, in the camel story you mentioned. There is a part in that story where the people are stunned that Jesus says the rich people aren't going to heaven.  Most quotes about giving away possessions are about subverting that idea, in some way. There's also the parable of the masters and the talents, which is a story about working hard, serving your master and prospering.

I'm not arguing with you that the bible is contradictory and fake, but it's really not unchristian or unholy to be rich.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
It's not my bible. I dind't write it and , as I stated, I'm not a practicing Christian. I'm agnostic, at best. But I was raised in a religious household and did have a bit of a crisis of conscience when I was younger and a "believer" in regards to seeking out great financial success. Ultimately, I discovered it's not ungodly to want  money. One of the primary things you have to keep in mind is the difference between how the rich were seen then and now. They were seen as people in God's favor, not only economically higher but spiritually better. So, a lot of what Jesus says in the context of his audience taking for granted that the rich are better people. For instance, in the camel story you mentioned. There is a part in that story where the people are stunned that Jesus says the rich people aren't going to heaven.  Most quotes about giving away possessions are about subverting that idea, in some way. There's also the parable of the masters and the talents, which is a story about working hard, serving your master and prospering.

I'm not arguing with you that the bible is contradictory and fake, but it's really not unchristian or unholy to be rich.

I didn't literally mean "YOUR" bible. I just said that in reference to you once practicing.

Well, I don't think its ungodly to own money, however clearly the obsession and hoarding of money, without giving away some to charity, cant be seen as godly in Gods eye. But given the inconsistencies in the bible, its almost impossible to say.
X

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2015, 06:11:41 PM »
Nice house, bit sterile and empty though. No warmth but they make it like that for photo shoots - no kid's toys etc unless it is a deliberate ploy.