Author Topic: Bristol area  (Read 4892 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Bristol area
« on: September 17, 2015, 01:04:34 AM »
Fuck those bastard fortune seekers coming to the UK! Except for me, of course. I'm considering working in the UK (Bristol) as well. To decide if that is wise, I would like to ask you chaps some questions.

1. What is the best area to buy a house there? I would be working near Temple Mead station, so preferable something close to a train station or regular bus line.
2. What are the taxes like? I do okay for myself, but am not nearly affluent by GB standards, so this actually still matters to me.
3. Food prices in the Bristol area?
4. Any strongman or PL gyms worth joining?I'll train at home if not.

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
Re: Bristol area
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:29:03 AM »
green lanes

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 01:46:29 AM »
green lanes

Not sure I'm following you, searching for that I get offroading, or the Harringay line in London. :D

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:35:49 AM »
My sis lived in the area south of the suspension bridge. It's was fairly hip and not too expensive

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 03:44:32 AM »
My sis lived in the area south of the suspension bridge. It's was fairly hip and not too expensive
Near Leigh Woods, according to the map. That side is a bit steep for me though: not paying 370.000 for just an apartment. The other side, Clifton, does look nice. This looks nice to start with: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-53672522.html?premiumA=true

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 02:12:44 AM »
Near Leigh Woods, according to the map. That side is a bit steep for me though: not paying 370.000 for just an apartment.

Any place there is going to be comparable...

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:23 AM »
Well, then I'll just get something on the other side of the bridge for a year or two, then buy a larger property somewhere further away.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 03:57:01 AM »

Well, then I'll just get something on the other side of the bridge for a year or two, then buy a larger property somewhere further away.

Perhaps you misunderstood...By "There" I mean in the United Kingdom...Anywhere there.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 03:59:55 AM »
Perhaps you misunderstood...By "There" I mean in the United Kingdom...Anywhere there.

Well, I actually don't think it's that expensive. See the link I posted above. You'd pay more for something like that over here (Holland).