Author Topic: MOS--Interesting Repeat Dream I Have  (Read 5597 times)

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
MOS--Interesting Repeat Dream I Have
« on: September 18, 2015, 07:27:50 PM »
As you know I dont believe in God, am anti religion, think prayer is a joke blah blah, thats no secret.

So Ive had a repetitive dream for a bit now. Me and someone else, a woman, Im not sure who it is, are standing there debating whether there is a god or not. We do this by debating everything in the universe as its put in front of us, trees, water, stars, everything, until we are left debating the last and final piece (which in my dream is some piece of rock and then we are surrounded by white emptiness). When we are down to the last piece I cant explain where it came from, and she just looks at me and shrugs and smiles and I walk away all frustrated.

Anyways, kind of interesting

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: MOS--Interesting Repeat Dream I Have
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »
As you know I dont believe in God, am anti religion, think prayer is a joke blah blah, thats no secret.

So Ive had a repetitive dream for a bit now. Me and someone else, a woman, Im not sure who it is, are standing there debating whether there is a god or not. We do this by debating everything in the universe as its put in front of us, trees, water, stars, everything, until we are left debating the last and final piece (which in my dream is some piece of rock and then we are surrounded by white emptiness). When we are down to the last piece I cant explain where it came from, and she just looks at me and shrugs and smiles and I walk away all frustrated.

It is very interesting and often God can speak to folks through visions and dreams.

As is stated in scripture:

Joel 2:28 The Promise of the Spirit:

28 “It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.

Peter affirms this OT passage in the book of Acts in the NT.

Me, I encourage folks to pray about dreams such as this (especially those that are recurring), but I do understand your position.

I'm not a dream interpreter, but I will say that God has engaged me in dreams before and I've come out of unconscious sleep and have awaken into the his tangible presence surrounding me in my bedroom.   I've experienced the powerful, unsettling presence of demonic evil as well.

My humble opinion, perhaps the recurring dream is God tugging at you gently to reconsider your position.  If the dream is persistent I would encourage you to consider some private prayer.  Nothing fancy, just a man humbling himself before God privately.

I've experienced the powerful presence of the Lord in various ways in my life so if my opinion means anything I would encourage it.....all the best!  ;)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »

next time debate that not only existence is existing but you exist too, the very 'fact' that the rocks and all exist and you do too, we often brush over this feeling of the miracle that I and the universe are here and take it for granted.  I find it illuminating to go in to that.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:07:59 PM »
It is very interesting and often God can speak to folks through visions and dreams.

As is stated in scripture:

Joel 2:28 The Promise of the Spirit:

28 “It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.

Peter affirms this OT passage in the book of Acts in the NT.

Me, I encourage folks to pray about dreams such as this (especially those that are recurring), but I do understand your position.

I'm not a dream interpreter, but I will say that God has engaged me in dreams before and I've come out of unconscious sleep and have awaken into the his tangible presence surrounding me in my bedroom.   I've experienced the powerful, unsettling presence of demonic evil as well.

My humble opinion, perhaps the recurring dream is God tugging at you gently to reconsider your position.  If the dream is persistent I would encourage you to consider some private prayer.  Nothing fancy, just a man humbling himself before God privately.

I've experienced the powerful presence of the Lord in various ways in my life so if my opinion means anything I would encourage it.....all the best!  ;)

I have much more respect for you as I mellow out on here, but I simply will never ever pray. I totally dont believe in it or in God.

nothing personal against you obviously, just my personal choice

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »
I have much more respect for you as I mellow out on here, but I simply will never ever pray. I totally dont believe in it or in God.

nothing personal against you obviously, just my personal choice

I appreciate that.  You also seem like a normal, decent guy that's just seen and been through a lot.

It would be arrogant of me to presume I understand the "why" behind you choice for "no God for you", but if you don't mind me asking what is the reason(s) for your lack of faith?  

If you'd rather not say that's not a problem.  If you don't mind saying, but would rather PM it then that's cool as well.

No pressure....I'm not going blind side you with anything LOL.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
I appreciate that.  You also seem like a normal, decent guy that's just seen and been through a lot.

It would be arrogant of me to presume I understand the "why" behind you choice for "no God for you", but if you don't mind me asking what is the reason(s) for your lack of faith?  

If you'd rather not say that's not a problem.  If you don't mind saying, but would rather PM it then that's cool as well.

No pressure....I'm not going blind side you with anything LOL.

all good
Unless I physically see something I dont much believe in it. Theres no real proof God exists. Prayer is the most hokey thing in my mind, saying words about something doesnt change whats gonna happen

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
all good
Unless I physically see something I dont much believe in it. Theres no real proof God exists. Prayer is the most hokey thing in my mind, saying words about something doesnt change whats gonna happen

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 06:45:03 AM »
all good

I hear you and I think that's a pretty normal, reasonable way to be.  I'm that way for the most part.

Proof and evidence are a tricky things because of the inherent subjectivity that often defines them.   Some folks simply don't need as much convincing in order to pursue a path while others demand a rigid, stringent (sometimes impossible) set of criteria to be met first.

Proof is all around us.  In his creation, his body of believers....even me.  You're replying back and forth with proof of God (lucky you right?  ;D).

"Seeing is believing" is a tricky proposition as well cause what we often see can't always be trusted.  For me, what I can feel is far more impacting than what I can see...that's me though.

We read in scripture passages of Jesus Christ performing miracles on the streets mere feet from throngs of regular folks and many denying what occurred right before their eyes.

Even Christ's disciples were continually in states of questioning, objecting and almost disbelief of what they were witnessing.  Clearly their faith in Christ was growing, but it certainly wasn't fully developed despite all they saw and heard.

It was only after Christ returned to the divine and the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost and began living within these men and women did they go forth boldy giving up their lives in faithful service of Christ's great commission.   They saw, they heard, they experienced, but it was truly when the spirit of God was within them (indwelling them) - attached to them at the soul (if you will) - that they were forever changed.   This same experience of the Holy Spirit is what encourages, empowers and changes believers in Christ today....did me.   ;)

That tangible presence of God made manifest in our lives because we as believers humbly surrendered before Jesus Christ.   I now experience the presence the Holy Spirit in moments of worship, private reflection, study of his word and in some moments of prayer.  It's so much more powerful than people realize, but folks must be willing to surrender of themselves and come unto God first on his terms....all he requires is a bit of faith.   Unfortunately for many they translate "a bit of faith" into an impossible mountain of obstacle, objection and illogic.   All I can do is encourage others, share my faith, defend my faith and hopefully express that there's more to this life then they even realize....and it's at their fingertips.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 12:42:49 AM »
all good
  well, I can tell you from experience that prayer does change things.

You've got nothing to lose by trying it... 

Ask God for wisdom.  :)

(By the way,  that dream you've been having is God's way of saying that He loves you)