Author Topic: my results from the a local powerlifting meet at Darke county YMCA  (Read 3526 times)

smokinhawk

• Getbig I
well saturday i went to a benchpress and dead lift competition a YMCA put on, didnt fair to bad.
Weighed in 165,
Desided to go raw to see what i could do (previous competition, same weight class i did 350 with my blast bench shirt)
started out with my first lift at 320, then did 330 (double my body weight), then last one i decided to up it as someone else in my weight class got 340 (shirted) to 345, so i ended it getting the 345.
on to deadlifting, never did that before, buti got talked into it so only got about four training sessions in which i did in the last month.
i started out on 335 which was the most i ever did at the gym, got it then went 350, and on the thrid i got 370, not great, but not to bad for never doing it before (only one other guy deadlifiting in my weight so i took first in that too)
so first place in the 165 bench and deadlift, now for what i really was shooting for the best lifter trophy.
did a combined of 715lbs at 165lb body weight that would give me a 4.33 rating, now i got snaked, the YMCA judges didnt know how to calculated the weight by body weight equation, and "were in a hurry" so they just gave it to the guy who lifted the most weight total. he lifted a total of 1017lbs, dived by his 292lbs = only a 3.48 rating, not sure if anyone beat me out of my 4.33 tried to watch unless i missed someone, I dont think anyone/many got double their body weight in both lifts, even with a bench shirt. Im gonna call the person who put it on and find out for sure just so i know.

Oh and MIke Wolf was there, he didnt lift, but was the head judge i guess (not the guy totaling up the scores though)
BIg guy, would have like to see him put up some weight.

LiftBig

• Getbig III
  • POWERLIFTING...Lift heavy or go home
Re: my results from the a local powerlifting meet at Darke county YMCA
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »
Congrats on the meet!
It's good to be strong...

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »
Congrats... great lifts at 165lbs

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 12:47:34 AM »
Great job.  Now on to training for the next meet.

dblocc707

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »
goog lifts man