Author Topic: My Dad went blind today !!!  (Read 10207 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
My Dad went blind today !!!
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »
My elderly father said he went to bed last night and woke up blind, doctors say there may be something wrong with his brain.  My Mum who is also very unwell is separated from him after 44 years of marriage but said he could come home and she will look after him until he dies.  I just had to share that with someone.  :'(

My Dad was a Bastard, but he's my dad you know.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: My Dad went blind today !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. 

For what it's worth I will keep him in my prayers.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:42:24 AM »
My elderly father said he went to bed last night and woke up blind, doctors say there may be something wrong with his brain.  My Mum who is also very unwell is separated from him after 44 years of marriage but said he could come home and she will look after him until he dies.  I just had to share that with someone.  :'(

damn that's tough, coping with blindness is something I don't want to experience.

Keep it strong for us getbiggers.. I wish you the best!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »
Stay strong dude,your family will need you more than ever.

That`s a fucking tragedy.......sorry to hear it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:44:07 AM »
Unless he has some congenital eye diseases or problems in the past with his eyes, sounds like it would be brain-based. Sucks.

Sorry to hear.
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. 

For what it's worth I will keep him in my prayers.
Thanks for the kind words MOS. Your prayers don't mean anything to me as you know, but my Dad may appreciate it, he believes in a GOD, just not the one you do, more the scientific concept of God, the type to call it a mysterious creative force or something like that.

And tonight I deal with things the old fashioned way, smoking three strong joints, some nice music and top notch premium dark chocolate.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:47:09 AM »
Unless he has some congenital eye diseases or problems in the past with his eyes, sounds like it would be brain-based. Sucks.

Sorry to hear.
Yeah, he has to wait for an MRI to get more information.  Poor Bastard lives down in the sticks, none of his five kids (me included) visits him.  He was just such a mean old bastard during his life no one bothered with him.  Now my Mum is prepared for him to come home so she can care for him in their original marital home.
V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
Yeah, he has to wait for an MRI to get more information.  Poor Bastard lives down in the sticks, none of his five kids (me included) visits him.  He was just such a mean old bastard during his life no one bothered with him.  Now my Mum is prepared for him to come home so she can care for him in their original marital home.

A few months back, my mom discovered that she had major hearing loss. The first thing they thought was a tumor on the brain, since she really had no history of hearing loss. Turns out it was no tumor. Just hearing loss associated with old age (shes 60, so I guess not that old). She wears hearing aids now and can hear fine.
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:51:50 AM »
A few months back, my mom discovered that she had major hearing loss. The first thing they thought was a tumor on the brain, since she really had no history of hearing loss. Turns out it was no tumor. Just hearing loss associated with old age (shes 60, so I guess not that old). She wears hearing aids now and can hear fine.
My Mums a Mess, aneurysms, severe osteoarthritis, tinnitus, cancer, severe lack of mobility, and a bunch of other things that  keep her in intractable pain and she stills wants to care for my now blind Father even after they have been seperated for 6 years.
V

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 09:55:05 AM »
that really shows something about your mums character! Shame for your dad but it could be temporary, my mates dad has times where he wakes up in the morning and one eye just won't open, it can last a couple of days or weeks.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
Sorry to hear about that.

My mum passed away several years ago and it's tough to take. I never felt upset though, just numb.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 09:56:51 AM »

Just get him some glasses and tell him to stop eating meat.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 09:58:25 AM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »
Just get him some glasses and tell him to stop eating meat.
I'm thinking about videoing his demise and posting it on youtube and exploiting his death for all my Youtube fans. Gotta get them clicks. Kidding, but didn't Vegan Gains do this with his grandfather.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »

That did make me laugh. Thanks dude.
V

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »
Sorry to hear that man.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Thank god your mom is willing to take care of him.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that. Thank god your mom is willing to take care of him.
My Mum deserves more of the THANKS than GOD.  God gets way to much credit for the shit we do.
V

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 10:10:50 AM »
Your mother sounds like a beautiful person. All the best with your dads situation.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
Your mother sounds like a beautiful person. All the best with your dads situation.
My Mum was a career nurse, doing all types but finished her career as a professional midwife.  She loved her job with a passion and didn't want to stop but the job became to much physically for her.  She still talks about childbirth all the time.  She is a natural caer. Too bad she married my angry Father.  Was never going to end well.
V

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »
Sorry to hear.
I hope he will recover.
©

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
Sorry to hear.
I hope he will recover.

They say it is probably permanent. He is in his 70's. Dude is winding down.
V

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »
My elderly father said he went to bed last night and woke up blind, doctors say there may be something wrong with his brain.  My Mum who is also very unwell is separated from him after 44 years of marriage but said he could come home and she will look after him until he dies.  I just had to share that with someone.  :'(

There is nothing that will fuck with your head more that watching a parent who emotionally abused you as a child slowly die and suffer.

Initially you forget what they did and you will feel guilty over having been estranged…You resist the urge to vent at them over what happened in the past…

Then they finally pass…sometime after the funeral you start to forget again, but are now forgetting how sick and helpless they were…You start to remember what an asshole they were…
You find yourself getting angry with them post-mortem… The emotional whipsawing will send you to the edge.

This has been my experience…

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 10:26:07 AM »
There is nothing that will fuck with your head more that watching a parent who emotionally abused you as a child slowly die and suffer.

Initially you forget what they did and you will feel guilty over having been estranged…You resist the urge to vent at them over what happened in the past…

Then they finally pass…sometime after the funeral you start to forget again, but are now forgetting how sick and helpless they were…You start to remember what an asshole they were…
You find yourself getting angry with them post-mortem… The emotional whipsawing will send you to the edge.

This has been my experience…

I am prepared as anyone I guess. My best mate has been going through exactly what you described and his father passed 15 years ago.

And my Dad did more than emotionally abuse us, that dude hit HARD.
V

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »
Sending positive thoughts...