Author Topic: Bush says multiculturalism wrong for US  (Read 698 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush says multiculturalism wrong for US
« on: September 22, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said Tuesday that multiculturalism is bad for the United States, adding that immigrants who close themselves off from American culture deny themselves access to economic rewards.

The former governor of Florida, who speaks fluent Spanish and often touts his success winning Latino votes in a party that badly needs them, addressed the issue in a packed northern Iowa diner as he met people in the crowd.

A young woman approached the candidate and asked how the federal government could help refugees better incorporate into U.S. society.

"We should not have a multicultural society," Bush said, before beginning a longer explanation of his views of what comprises culture in the U.S.

Read more: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/04f9e6fee2894f9981d3ba4570211696/republicans-bush-says-multiculturalism-wrong-us

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Bush says multiculturalism wrong for US
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:12:51 AM »
Don't have time to read the link, so I'm just going to shoot from the hip.  Maybe he clarified in the article.

But, I think he's right.  and, I am not saying "no more brown people in America", what I mean by that is you buy into our way of life and assimilate, or you should not be here.  Sorry if reading the article would have said the same thing, I'm eating a McGriddle and have no time to red, only to type one handed...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:40:14 AM »
It has failed big time here in Europe, so i cant see why it should succed in the US.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
it's just ignorance. It's the refusal by some white people to acknowledge cultural differences. Everyone should be exactly like them. If we just say it loud enough... cultural differences will go away...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 05:21:45 PM »
l

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »
funny how its only white/western nations that are forced to be 'multicultural'  ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 12:31:12 PM »
it's just ignorance. It's the refusal by some white people to acknowledge cultural differences. Everyone should be exactly like them. If we just say it loud enough... cultural differences will go away...

You apparently don't understand the issue.  Assimilation into a culture/nation does not require the individual to give up and reject their own culture, it simply states that they must adapt to the one they are living in. 

If I moved to Mexico I wouldn't expect people to speak English to me because I'm not fluent in Spanish.  Beyond language, it's also adopting the culture, keeping my own is perfectly fine as well.

Multiculturalism creates divides and segregation of similar cultures into pockets of sub-cultures when assimilation is rejected.  Just look at how this has failed massively in Europe.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 06:27:26 AM »
You apparently don't understand the issue.  Assimilation into a culture/nation does not require the individual to give up and reject their own culture, it simply states that they must adapt to the one they are living in. 

If I moved to Mexico I wouldn't expect people to speak English to me because I'm not fluent in Spanish.  Beyond language, it's also adopting the culture, keeping my own is perfectly fine as well.

Multiculturalism creates divides and segregation of similar cultures into pockets of sub-cultures when assimilation is rejected.  Just look at how this has failed massively in Europe.

exactly