Author Topic: Anyone here ever see Vic Richards in his prime?  (Read 6250 times)

YearsGoneBy

• Getbig II
Anyone here ever see Vic Richards in his prime?
« on: March 04, 2006, 03:56:08 PM »
Bigger than Bertil.

Prucnal

• Getbig I
Re: Anyone here ever see Vic Richards in his prime?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 12:13:20 PM »
Vic was huge no doubt, I think he had the potential to be a top 3 guy. Don't know why he didn't want to compete.

YearsGoneBy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 12:25:46 PM »
There's some pics of him on his site from when he was younger.  He was either guest posing or he was competing.  I didn't see any captions for them.  His thighs were immense.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »
Saw Vic in his "prime" MANY years ago when he spent considerable time in Toronto. Trained at the now gone GOLDS on Yonge St. Trust me, the legend has grown over the years, He was very impressive for sheer round size, but looked so full of water. His face, his hands, everything. Like a total test monster. The legs were enormous. People always said if he just got on stage, but it would have been a disaster.....Some guys legends are intact because they NEVER got on stage, Remember "THE BARBARIANS"...it would have burst the bubble. I truly believe Greg Kovacs should NEVER have gone in a pro show and just let the myth grow. He is truly the freak of all freaks in his younger days, but stepping onstage killed his aura. Big difference between a freaky GYM body, and a freaky STAGE body.  Vic was a freaky GYM body...would never had the conditioning. Mass -wise he was ahead of his time.Thanx.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »
Saw Vic in his "prime" MANY years ago when he spent considerable time in Toronto. Trained at the now gone GOLDS on Yonge St. Trust me, the legend has grown over the years, He was very impressive for sheer round size, but looked so full of water. His face, his hands, everything. Like a total test monster. The legs were enormous. People always said if he just got on stage, but it would have been a disaster.....Some guys legends are intact because they NEVER got on stage, Remember "THE BARBARIANS"...it would have burst the bubble. I truly believe Greg Kovacs should NEVER have gone in a pro show and just let the myth grow. He is truly the freak of all freaks in his younger days, but stepping onstage killed his aura. Big difference between a freaky GYM body, and a freaky STAGE body.  Vic was a freaky GYM body...would never had the conditioning. Mass -wise he was ahead of his time.Thanx.

heh, their was a golds on yonge street? 

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 07:59:46 PM »
Was located in Toronto on Yonge St. one block south of Bloor St. ( Beside the "Brass Rail", a great strip club).....Now a Starbucks on the main level and a womens gym above.....Never was as hardcore as the first one in Scarborough....

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »

Very True words. 8)

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 10:44:22 PM »
what about ron's gym,is that still around?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 08:03:53 AM »
Like a total test monster.

But he is a lifetime natural?  8)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 11:05:25 PM »

probably the best explanation of vic richards. 

most of it dates back to he FIBO in 94 when he posed with dorian.  dorian wasnt in full offseason mode, where as vic was.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)