Author Topic: Maximum Protein Absorption?  (Read 2617 times)

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
  • The South Shall Rise Again!
Maximum Protein Absorption?
« on: March 05, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »
I've heard from various people that you can only use so much at once. The rest is wasted.  Some have said no more than 20 grams, some say 40.  I say, bullshit.  If your body needs it, it will absorb it.  Any body have any real knowledge on this?
The General

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: Maximum Protein Absorption?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
personaly, id say 40-45. after taht i just shit it out real quck
Valhalla awaits.

Bast175

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 01:24:28 AM »
Whatever doesn't make you use the bathroom a lot or make you feel sick is the max, imo.  Guys who eat till they're sick to their stomach are stupid.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 06:06:51 PM »
After your workout!!
Eat some protein!!
You won't waisted 8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 07:13:40 PM »
Your body weight and more importantly how much muscle mass you are carrying is what will determine how much protein you can or should consume per meal. The general rule of thumb is 1-2g per lb of body weight split up evenly through the day, say 6-8 meals. Generally speaking this usually comes out to 40g-60g per meal for most, but less or more can be applicable depending on the amount of muscle the individual is carrying. Take Marcus Ruhl for instance, I've read many times that he keeps his protein intake at 60g-80g per meal, and that is a shit load of protein, but he carries a shit load of muscle, so his body very well may be able to process this large amount.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »
I learned somewhere years ago that the body can absorb about 1/3 your LBM in protein grams per sitting.  I don't think there's any science behind that though.  There must be a gazillion environmental factors that influence it...
: