Author Topic: Jesse Shand - Inspirational story - trolled bodybuilders and they helped him  (Read 1242 times)

V Man

• Getbig IV
http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/50-stone-man-trolled-bodybuilders-ended-up-losing-half-his-bodyweight/

Back in 2013, Jesse Shand was 26 and at rock bottom.

He weighed a massive 50 stone and was unable to leave the house, or even take a shower. Jesse spent his time on his computer, playing games and trolling the internet in an attempt to get a rise out of people.

As he says on his website: “Negativity was all I had and all I was about.”

It was this that led him to a bodybuilding forum, which he joined with an absurd username and started a thread called ‘Ask the fattest man on this site anything’, in order to get a rise out of the users.

But instead of receiving abuse as he expected, he was inundated with support, with the member trying to convince him it wasn’t too late to turn his life around.

He wrote on his site:

The thread immediately took off and became one of the most popular threads on the site. To my complete surprise, rather than get a rise out of the community, they started to try to convince me that it was not too late to fix my situation.

I had a million excuses and reasons that I couldn’t do it. I argued that it would take years of dedication and willpower that I simply did not have. Slowly, over time, the many voices wore me down and started to convince me that it was worth another shot.

Jesse started with some small changes to his diet, cutting down from eight chicken quesadillas at dinner to seven. One user also pointed out that at his weight he would burn calories by just flopping around in his seat, and so his exercise regime started.

He kept meticulous notes of his calories and recorded his exercise, staying close to the bodybuilding forum for inspiration, writing: “This helped me by holding me accountable for my actions. Slowly, but surely, my stamina increased. Eventually (by day 26) I was able to walk laps around my mobile home. Though only a few at first.”

Two years later, Jesse has slimmed down to 19 stone and is currently fundraising to have his excess skin removed.
Just goes to show that all you need is the determination to turn your life around, and you can achieve great things.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Which getbigger is this?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 04:57:14 AM »
he'll be back to 50 stone in no time

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:06:44 AM »
He chose well. If he'd begun his journey at Getbig, he would have killed himself long ago.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 05:42:31 AM »
He chose well. If he'd begun his journey at Getbig, he would have killed himself long ago.

Haahhahah definitely.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: Inspirational story
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:17:49 AM »
This is an old story, and I think I've seen this on getbig last year. Nonetheless, props to this guy. Dude lost over 400lbs because an egotistical self-absorbed group of people decided to actually help the guy out. Of all the bad shit that comes out of bodybuilding  forums, from the narcissism, to jealousy, this is a refreshing story and I hope others follow this guy's footsteps. He saved himself from an agonizing early death, all because of strangers positively influencing him.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Re: Inspirational story
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 10:15:39 AM »
can someone get this story to FatFather?
K