Author Topic: IFBB doubled the pro card fee from 200$ to 400$ a year  (Read 2571 times)

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
IFBB doubled the pro card fee from 200$ to 400$ a year
« on: September 26, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
even the blind people can see that this is the reason why are they giving all these pro cards to all divisions,just for the $$$$$

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
Re: IFBB doubled the pro card fee from 200$ to 400$ a year
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »
And the hits just keep on coming.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »
It all goes with the territory.

National show entrants went from 150-200 bodybuilders to 800 - 1000 with bikini, figure, WPD, MPD , fitness and  wtf /donkey dancing? ,  added as pro card eligible divisions.
The current nationals entry fee for all divisions is now $250 .
Simple math ,  1000 x $250 per entrant = a qtr million on just entry fees.

Without a major cooperate sponsor and zero TV coverage and the ad revenue THAT generates, what else could they do to make $$$?   Charge the ones directly involved .

It's basic "yearbook 101" marketing.
The only people that buy a school yearbook are the people in it and their family/close friends.

Take every pro team sport and compare it to bodybuilding.
Every player in the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB and various other pro sports get paid a good salary to be on a team.
This is guaranteed $$ to play via legal contract.

These sports all have major media and TV coverage and mega $$$ network contracts and ad revenue.
Pro bodybuilding has NONE of this. Most pros make very little in prize $$, especially those in bikini, MPD , WPD and figure. In fact for all but a small handful of pros, it's not a real full time job.

I don't follow WWE pro wrasslin' but I know these guys make big $$ and get actual contracts to perform and good TV coverage.  Think about THAT!  

I've always had a passion for bodybuilding and respect the top pros in it.
BUT, despite my love for bodybuilding, it's a joke when it comes to being a legitimate pro sports career path.

show me NPC full-time payroll. i only see Dad and the Fat Son and their magazine that no one ever reads which is tabbed at over $1M to produce. NPC is simply a personal non-profit.  What a life long six figure dream job those two have!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
damn! i bet 97% of bodybuilders are plenty pissed off they wont be able to pay that fee when its due every year

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 06:07:11 PM »
g4p rates also doubled.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 06:12:06 PM »
g4p rates also doubled.

They're forced to do so.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 10:18:37 AM »
It all goes with the territory.

National show entrants went from 150-200 bodybuilders to 800 - 1000 with bikini, figure, WPD, MPD , fitness and  wtf /donkey dancing? ,  added as pro card eligible divisions.
The current nationals entry fee for all divisions is now $250 .
Simple math ,  1000 x $250 per entrant = a qtr million on just entry fees.

Without a major cooperate sponsor and zero TV coverage and the ad revenue THAT generates, what else could they do to make $$$?   Charge the ones directly involved .

It's basic "yearbook 101" marketing.
The only people that buy a school yearbook are the people in it and their family/close friends.

Take every pro team sport and compare it to bodybuilding.
Every player in the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB and various other pro sports get paid a good salary to be on a team.
This is guaranteed $$ to play via legal contract.

These sports all have major media and TV coverage and mega $$$ network contracts and ad revenue.
Pro bodybuilding has NONE of this. Most pros make very little in prize $$, especially those in bikini, MPD , WPD and figure. In fact for all but a small handful of pros, it's not a real full time job.

I don't follow WWE pro wrasslin' but I know these guys make big $$ and get actual contracts to perform and good TV coverage.  Think about THAT!  

I've always had a passion for bodybuilding and respect the top pros in it.
BUT, despite my love for bodybuilding, it's a joke when it comes to being a legitimate pro sports career path.

Don't forget the audience ticket sales - both pre-judging and finals.  Those are becoming not cheap.  And some contests draw big crowds, albeit it's mostly family and friends of all the contestants.

As for making money directly, I think one of the tragedies of bodybuilding is that there is no money in it.  Phil just got $400K for the top prize.  I have no idea what the top monetary prize is for golf or tennis, but I'm sure it is many times $400K.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
This is what it's all about:

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
This is what it's all about:

Athlete  ???
P

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »

Don't forget the audience ticket sales - both pre-judging and finals.  Those are becoming not cheap.  And some contests draw big crowds, albeit it's mostly family and friends of all the contestants.

As for making money directly, I think one of the tragedies of bodybuilding is that there is no money in it.  Phil just got $400K for the top prize.  I have no idea what the top monetary prize is for golf or tennis, but I'm sure it is many times $400K.

Yes and they stopped giving pros free tickets for their friends and families to attend. I only go for friends when I have to and the last time We paid about $50 per ticket. I was mad and then of course I only stayed for my friends division. Luckily we didn't have to sit through mens and women's bikini.

Most pros Lose money on a prep. It's too bad tbese people don't have a union especially with all the health and medical risks

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 09:05:47 PM »
even the blind people can see that this is the reason why are they giving all these pro cards to all divisions,just for the $$$$$

And this affects you how?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »
Well it's still a top notch charitable organization. I'm sure the poor Manions are losing money hand over fist in this labor of love.....

What's shocking  is these bone heads can't score some sort of TV deal with the thousands of unknown 24 hour channels available, or at least a live YouTube channel. But when you consider the attention that would bring it might  also bring unwanted eyes on the operations of this non profit.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 09:29:40 PM »
It was bad in the early 2000's.... but now it's just downright ridiculous and disgusting. I don't care for it at all....I wouldn't even wanna get on stage if i were competing at this time ....I would always wanna gag at how corrupt this whole federation has become...Everywhere you look something is wrong......Something doesn't look right...etc....Just pure pathetic-ness...It doesn't matter how much they bring in annually because it's all based on bullshit......The fans and athletes are responsible for all of the revenue but they get treated the worst financially they get fvcked....

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 05:26:32 PM »

Wow. 400 bucks. Wow.

Lol. Welfare sport.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 12:15:55 AM »

Kai when he logs into his Getbig gimmick account and sees that there are no new posts from ironmeister.

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 12:43:42 AM »
And this affects you how?
Said the biggest whining pussy ever.

Fuck me, Obama this ,Obama that, you have a thriving business conning gullible people out of their hard earned money.

FFS you are riding Obamas gravy train.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 03:27:26 AM »
g4p rates also doubled.

Perhaps the services are being extended and delevoped as well. Two for one Schmoe squatting, wrestling without protective thong etc