Author Topic: Songs You Never Need to Hear Again  (Read 13934 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Songs You Never Need to Hear Again
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
Well, it didn't stop Def Leppard from creating years of horrific dogshit after Pyromania. Also, Joe Elliott has his side project called Our Singer Sucks.

So fixed.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2015, 04:08:01 PM »
Well, it didn't stop Def Leppard and Joe Elliott from being chosen to record songs for the recent Paul McCartney tribute album (The Art of McCartney: The songs of Paul McCartney sung by the world's greatest artists). Also, Joe Elliott has his side project Down 'n' Outz and has toured with the Rock 'N' Roll All Stars. Phil Collen has his side projects Manraze and Delta Deep and Vivian Campbell has his band Last In Line.

Sounds like an interesting project, but I can't stand the vocals of Def Leppard and I'm more than allergic to Phil Collins.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »
Fixed this one. Fixed the fuck outta it.

Look and learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Leppard

As one of the world's best-selling music artists, Def Leppard have sold more than 100 million records worldwide, and have two albums with RIAA Diamond certification, Pyromania and Hysteria. They are one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies in the US. The band were ranked No. 31 in VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" and ranked No. 70 in "100 Greatest Artists of All Time".

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »
Look and learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Leppard

As one of the world's best-selling music artists, Def Leppard have sold more than 100 million records worldwide, and have two albums with RIAA Diamond certification, Pyromania and Hysteria. They are one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies in the US. The band were ranked No. 31 in VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" and ranked No. 70 in "100 Greatest Artists of All Time".

Yes, lots of $$, fanboy. Yet here they are pouring sugar all over this 'sick of' thread, where their entire catalogue has been suggested more than once.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »
Yes, lots of $$, fanboy. Yet here they are pouring sugar all over this 'sick of' thread, where their entire catalogue has been suggested more than once.

And what does it tell you, the fact that their music is being played so much on the radio that it's annoying the hell out of those arseholes? The stations are playing it for the majority, not the minority who post stupid messages on Getbig.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:38 PM »
And what does it tell you, the fact that their music is being played so much on the radio that it's annoying the hell out of those arseholes? The stations are playing it for the majority, not the minority who post stupid messages on Getbig.

Tells me they're in the same category as Bieber, Miley, and Beyonce: dogshit tween pop.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »

That might be the case in the US, but here in Europe you might hear them once a month at most on specialized rock stations.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2015, 12:54:25 AM »
That might be the case in the US, but here in Europe you might hear them once a month at most on specialized rock stations.

Here you'll hear them where they force-feed all the other soulless saccharinized shit.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »
Here you'll hear them where they force-feed all the other soulless saccharinized shit.

While there are great alternatives to mainstream stations on the internet. The thing is that most people want to hear the same shit over and over again, so we can't blame those stations.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2015, 11:05:17 AM »

LOL, that's very ironic because today at 10:20am, Radio Caroline (one of the world's most famous music stations) played the song "Nine Lives" by Def Leppard featuring Tim McGraw. In fact, they play their music a lot on there and they play stuff purely at random, unlike a lot of music stations that play the same songs every day.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »
LOL, that's very ironic because today at 10:20am, Radio Caroline (one of the world's most famous music stations) played the song "Nine Lives" by Def Leppard featuring Tim McGraw. In fact, they play their music a lot on there and they play stuff purely at random, unlike a lot music stations that play the same songs every day.

We don't have that station on the cable or in the ether, or it must be a AM frequency in mono. The thing is that unlike the US, Europe hasn't got a strong rock culture, Germany and some Scandinavian countries excluded.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »
I don't know who sings it but that stupid "Who are you" song they used for that CSI show.

Who sings that song?

or

Who sings that song.

?

I really wanna know.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2015, 02:55:36 PM »
Who sings that song?

or

Who sings that song.

?

I really wanna know.

;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »
I hadn't heard this song in awhile.

Forgot how good it was:

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »

It used to be that music radio stations used to have a  “Music Director” who you trusted to pick which records were played...A person
…Now it is algorithms programmed into software that does the picking…A soulless adding machine…now pick a station’s music.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2015, 06:12:45 AM »

It used to be that music radio stations used to have a  “Music Director” who you trusted to who you paid off to pick which records were played...A person
…Now it is algorithms programmed into software that does the picking…A soulless adding machine…now pick a station’s music.

FYP

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »
Beats by Jay.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »
Prove em wrong by Kali Muscle.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2015, 07:30:37 AM »
Sorry, but I couldn't resist rubbing your noses in it.

Def Leppard Single "Let's Go" Used On ESPN Monday Night Football:

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2015newsoct61.html

Melodicrock.com - DEF LEPPARD - Def Leppard (Review):

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/reviews/2015/10/15/def-leppard-def-leppard-review

"Without the benefit of another month of high-rotation absorption of this album, I still think I can safely say that the band have delivered a home run here and will have fans united in their praise. A very "Def Leppard" style album which is all the fans want in this day and age. Fresh and innovative without sounding like someone else and classic and retroactive (pardon the pun) without being stale or repetitive. There’s life in the old dog yet and I give credit to the band for pushing aside modern industry concerns to still deliver a ripping full length album of this quality."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »
 ???

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
I wish stations would play more then one or two songs off of an album for a particular artist. Most of the songs that are chosen to go on there are not even close to the best ones off of the album, etc.

I hate Sam smith, all "rappers" nowadays, and majority of what's played. I really hate country guys who try and rap in their songs. Just awful.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
I wish stations would play more then one or two songs off of an album for a particular artist. Most of the songs that are chosen to go on there are not even close to the best ones off of the album, etc.

I hate Sam smith, all "rappers" nowadays, and majority of what's played. I really hate country guys who try and rap in their songs. Just awful.

So true... they play Extreme's 'more than words', but not 'get the funk out'. The same with the Chilli peppers with their dull 'under the bridge', while 'give it away' is so much better.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
Sorry, but I couldn't resist rubbing your noses in it.

Def Leppard Single "Let's Go" Used On ESPN Monday Night Football:

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2015newsoct61.html

Melodicrock.com - DEF LEPPARD - Def Leppard (Review):

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/reviews/2015/10/15/def-leppard-def-leppard-review

"Without the benefit of another month of high-rotation absorption of this album, I still think I can safely say that the band have delivered a home run here and will have fans united in their praise. A very "Def Leppard" style album which is all the fans want in this day and age. Fresh and innovative without sounding like someone else and classic and retroactive (pardon the pun) without being stale or repetitive. There’s life in the old dog yet and I give credit to the band for pushing aside modern industry concerns to still deliver a ripping full length album of this quality."

Perfect thread for the new single.