Author Topic: Phil Heath's Motivational Speech  (Read 4820 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Phil Heath's Motivational Speech
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »
“Ive had more people telling me “no” while I was shooting free throws in college with 10,000 screaming college kids drunk off their butt, calling me every name in the book. You think I am going to listen to some moron online. I may engage with them because that’s for me to have something to do. It has not yet and it will not prevent me from doing what I have to do to succeed. Because all in all, those people are nothing more than distractions. Its just the fog we put in our mind.” Phil Heath

X

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
Re: Phil Heath's Motivational Speech
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »
I kind of agree with his statement there

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:40:34 PM »
So he wins bodybuilding shows in spite of the haters or because he has the best physique?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »

Eh, but its not something that has not been said a million times over. He's saying what every other successful person says. Yet, he tries to pass it off as if his "wisdom" is unique.

And lets be honest, shutting down the haters online is not really a huge obstacle to overcome, in order to succeed lol. He's making a mountain out of a molehill.
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »
no way 10,000 people showed up at a denver university basketball game, i have gone to several USC basketball games, maybe just maybe it was 2,000 people there every time i went

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 05:52:08 PM »
blablabla.
BS.
 ;D
©

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »
If arguing with people online gives you something to do, then clearly you need more in your life.   ::) ::) ::)

Every once in a while I could see saying something but he makes it a point to argue all the time with people.  It is pointless.  Maybe now that he's ascended he will act better.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
no way 10,000 people showed up at a denver university basketball game, i have gone to several USC basketball games, maybe just maybe it was 2,000 people there every time i went

Even more to the point there's no way 10000 people show up to bodybuilding show, let alone all drunk to boo Heath.

Dude is the Champ. Period. Doesn't matter if people like it, but it matters to him.  I'm sure he has more fans than actual haters, but the few (relatively speaking) trolls really own his mind.

Is it really his mental preparation and focus that causes him to win, using the negative energy of the few as fuel? If so he should be thanking these guys for pushing him to greatness, because those four plate hammer presses would probably bury him otherwise.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »
I don't know if he believes a lot of what he is saying.  If he did, then he wouldn't spend so much time worrying about these haters.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »

Yeah me too

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »
why, he's like a modern day mohammed ali

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »
That's exactly the same thing that crossed my mind. 10,000 people at his college games? No way.
And if you look at his college stats it looks like he barely got any playing time anyway.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »

THEIR ARENA HOLDS ABOUT 7500 STANDING ROOM.  I BELIEVE THEY SELL OUT WHEN THEY MAKE THE NCAA OR NIT.  I'M SURE ONE OF HIS SQUADS MADE EITHER TOURNAMENT DURING HIS 4 YRS.  10K IS A BIT OVER THE TOP.

DENVER IS A SHIT HOLE BUT THEY SUPPORT TEAMS AT ALL LEVELS LIKE PORTLAND FANS DO.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »
I bet reading getbig has brought him to tears.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45:56 PM »
Real & best motivational speech

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 12:00:38 AM »
“Ive had more people telling me “no” while I was shooting free throws in college with 10,000 screaming college kids drunk off their butt, calling me every name in the book. You think I am going to listen to some moron online. I may engage with them because that’s for me to have something to do. It has not yet and it will not prevent me from doing what I have to do to succeed. Because all in all, those people are nothing more than distractions. Its just the fog we put in our mind.” Phil Heath

The fact that he acknowledges people online "hating" on him as distractions shows they have got to him.
Why on earth would you see them as a distraction?
Its totally within his control to ignore them altogether.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 04:43:07 AM »
I've always believed Phil would happily trade away all 5 sandows for a box score of a 2 point layup in the NBA.

Running everything needed to be a pro BBer... seems to me his dream was always NBA, and just didn't have the height or skill.  

All gift, no lift.   All frame, no game.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 05:08:41 AM »
I've always believed Phil would happily trade away all 5 sandows for a box score of a 2 point layup in the NBA.

Running everything needed to be a pro BBer... seems to me his dream was always NBA, and just didn't have the height or skill.  

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 05:17:24 AM »
If arguing with people online gives you something to do, then clearly you need more in your life.   ::) ::) ::)

Every once in a while I could see saying something but he makes it a point to argue all the time with people.  It is pointless.  Maybe now that he's ascended he will act better.

Wtf are you doing on getbig

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 05:20:10 AM »

So true. He knows he's nothing but a drug abusing wannabe baller. Look at his shitty attempts to ape Jordan's line of kicks....pathetic. He knows that his $400k payday at the olympia is a true baller's bar bill. It eats him up, that is why he is so bitter about the haters.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 05:30:38 AM »
So true. He knows he's nothing but a drug abusing wannabe baller. Look at his shitty attempts to ape Jordan's line of kicks....pathetic. He knows that his $400k payday at the olympia is a true baller's bar bill. It eats him up, that is why he is so bitter about the haters.

Years in NBA   2013-14   2014-15
0   $490,180   $507,336
1   $788,872   $816,482
2   $884,293   $915,243
3   $916,099   $948,163
7 more rows, 4 more columns

Dude, he earns $1M from his GN partnership or whatever arrangement he has with the owners?

He's killing an avg bench warmer in the NBA.  

By his 1st Mr O, he was probably pulling 500k yearly

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 05:37:02 AM »
Years in NBA   2013-14   2014-15
0   $490,180   $507,336
1   $788,872   $816,482
2   $884,293   $915,243
3   $916,099   $948,163
7 more rows, 4 more columns

Dude, he earns $1M from his GN partnership or whatever arrangement he has with the owners?

He's killing an avg bench warmer in the NBA.  

By his 1st Mr O, he was probably pulling 500k yearly

Fair enough, but I was comparing him to the likes of Jordan et al. As Phil sees himself as in that bracket, evidenced by his shitty trainer line.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 05:43:40 AM »
Fair enough, but I was comparing him to the likes of Jordan et al. As Phil sees himself as in that bracket, evidenced by his shitty trainer line.

i don't believe it's the money. phil thinks he should get the same respect as nba players, given he played with crawford and feels as a bber he is just as successful as crawford is a nba player.  sorry, he fell into the wrong nitch profession.   

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 05:49:36 AM »
i don't believe it's the money. phil thinks he should get the same respect as nba players, given he played with crawford and feels as a bber he is just as successful as crawford is a nba player.  sorry, he fell into the wrong nitch profession.   

No one outside of the world of bodybuilding would know who he is. To look at him, they probably think he suffers from some rare disease, or think he is just another short, obese manchild wearing a stupid cap.

His delusions of grandeur make him a figure easy to ridicule.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 06:53:34 AM »

I can see this but it seems to me he doesn't like being a bodybuilder. He comes across as if it is beneath him. He's most likely right. He's an intelligent guy who eoesnt have to do this  but this is what Is going to lily pad him into other ventures.

he doesn't seem to enjoy training which his videos are so lackluster and he just comes across as not being into it. Hs not like jay who just seemed bitter about his whole life. He just doesn't appear to enjoy bodybuilding