Author Topic: House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy admits Benghazi about winning election, not  (Read 3066 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Well, there you have it - Benghazi investigation isn't about justice - it's about politics.  From his own mouth...

Keep that in mind when reading about House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) – the likely next Speaker of the House – and his interview on Fox News last night. Roll Call reported this morning on the Republican leader’s on-air comments:
“What you’re going to see is a conservative Speaker, that takes a conservative Congress, that puts a strategy to fight and win. And let me give you one example. Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?

“But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known that any of that had happened had we not fought to make that happen.”
Michael Kinsley once said a political gaffe occurs when a politician accidentally tells the truth. By this measure, the man who’s likely to become Speaker of the House next month made an important mistake last night.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He's supposed to be investigating the attack and who let it happen, and punish them. 

He's bragging about how his investigation has hurt her in the polls. 

He's taking credit,"we fought to make that happen".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Spin doctor - Where does it say "It's about politics" or did you just throw that in?

http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/kevin-mccarthy-gives-boehner-b-credits-benghazi-committee-hurting-hillary-clintons-poll-numbers/?dcz=

Why did I know this was going to be some embellished story?  lol  Not surprised at all. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
"“But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known that any of that had happened had we not fought to make that happen.”"

1) sarah Palin is brilliant
2) Hermann cain is innocent
3) McCarthy isn't bragging about how his benghazi investigation screwed up hilary's poll numbers.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
"“But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known that any of that had happened had we not fought to make that happen.”"

1) sarah Palin is brilliant
2) Hermann cain is innocent
3) McCarthy isn't bragging about how his benghazi investigation screwed up hilary's poll numbers.

So three years ago he knew she was running for prez so he just happen to put this committee together to ruin her chances today? Got it!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So three years ago he knew she was running for prez so he just happen to put this committee together to ruin her chances today? Got it!

Everyone knew hilary was running for president 3 years ago lol!

Also, imagine if the chairman of the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, bragged about how much he was sinking Bush's poll numbers.

We'd realize he didn't care about findings, and only cared about hurting Bush politically.  Thus, we'd feel he was full of shit and untrustworthy on his 'findings', particularly if he promised to deliver teh results 2 weeks before the 2004 election.

Would you trust his findings, or consider him a liberal, politically slanted piece of shit?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Everyone knew hilary was running for president 3 years ago lol!

Also, imagine if the chairman of the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, bragged about how much he was sinking Bush's poll numbers.

We'd realize he didn't care about findings, and only cared about hurting Bush politically.  Thus, we'd feel he was full of shit and untrustworthy on his 'findings', particularly if he promised to deliver teh results 2 weeks before the 2004 election.

Would you trust his findings, or consider him a liberal, politically slanted piece of shit?

So you think they were more interested three years ago derailing Killary's possible run in 2016 than the killing of four Americans? Are you telling that Killary was some sort of Saint before all this happened?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So you think they were more interested three years ago derailing Killary's possible run in 2016 than the killing of four Americans? Are you telling that Killary was some sort of Saint before all this happened?

Ah, you just admitted it, coach ;)

You said "more" interested. 

If his job is to bring justice to obama/hilary for letting these 4 brave americans die, then politics shouldn't play into it even 1%.  His goal should be singular: convict them of their crime.

of course hilary is corrupt and evil - BUT the moment an investigator is even partially biased by politics, his ass needs to step aside.  Particularly when he ADMITS it, as he did.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Ah, you just admitted it, coach ;)

You said "more" interested. 

If his job is to bring justice to obama/hilary for letting these 4 brave americans die, then politics shouldn't play into it even 1%.  His goal should be singular: convict them of their crime.

MMMMmmm, liberal stonewalling doesn't help

of course hilary is corrupt and evil - BUT the moment an investigator is even partially biased by politics, his ass needs to step aside.  Particularly when he ADMITS it, as he did.

You just quit while you're still behind

240 is Back

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Rep chaffertz - perhaps the loudest anti Obama repub in the house - is on tv right now saying McCarthy should apologize and withdraw that statement, as it politicizes the death of these Americans and is NOT what their committee is doing. 

Chaffertz is about as credible as one can get.  And he's right.  McCarthy stepped in shit trying I take credit for Hilary sagging poll numbers and made this entire Benghazi investigation look like a political tool. 

McCarthy is palin.  All anger and ego.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Spin doctor - Where does it say "It's about politics" or did you just throw that in?

Is Gowdy a spin doctor too?   ;)

Rep. Trey Gowdy on Wednesday offered a vigorous defense of the work of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, and slammed comments from House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy about the political success of the panel as plain "wrong."

During an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity last week, McCarthy (R-Calif.) boasted that the Benghazi committee has had a negative effect on Hillary Clinton's poll numbers.

"Kevin has apologized as profusely as a human being can apologize. I went back and watched the interview, and what I tell folks back home, no matter how many times you put an earpiece in your ear and stare at a camera, you still screw up. And Kevin screwed up," Gowdy (R-S.C.) said in an interview with MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I don't know if it was Hannity pressing him, I don't know if he got thrown off by asking to give Speaker Boehner a grade. I can't unlock the mysteries of that. I can just tell you that if you look at what the members of our committee have done, we were pretty reluctantly brought into the Secretary Clinton part of it," Gowdy added, remarking that "It's because The New York Times and AP and others broke this story that folks' interest in Secretary Clinton picked up in this regard."

The chairman said that Clinton's Oct. 22 hearing before the committee will be "fact-centric, professional and fair."
Asked what his first reaction was to McCarthy's interview on Hannity, Gowdy said it was, "Kevin, you're wrong."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/trey-gowdy-kevin-mccarthy-wrong-benghazi-hillary-clinton-214498#ixzz3ntXrIDQq

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Is Gowdy a spin doctor too?   ;)

Rep. Trey Gowdy on Wednesday offered a vigorous defense of the work of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, and slammed comments from House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy about the political success of the panel as plain "wrong."

During an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity last week, McCarthy (R-Calif.) boasted that the Benghazi committee has had a negative effect on Hillary Clinton's poll numbers.

"Kevin has apologized as profusely as a human being can apologize. I went back and watched the interview, and what I tell folks back home, no matter how many times you put an earpiece in your ear and stare at a camera, you still screw up. And Kevin screwed up," Gowdy (R-S.C.) said in an interview with MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I don't know if it was Hannity pressing him, I don't know if he got thrown off by asking to give Speaker Boehner a grade. I can't unlock the mysteries of that. I can just tell you that if you look at what the members of our committee have done, we were pretty reluctantly brought into the Secretary Clinton part of it," Gowdy added, remarking that "It's because The New York Times and AP and others broke this story that folks' interest in Secretary Clinton picked up in this regard."

The chairman said that Clinton's Oct. 22 hearing before the committee will be "fact-centric, professional and fair."
Asked what his first reaction was to McCarthy's interview on Hannity, Gowdy said it was, "Kevin, you're wrong."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/trey-gowdy-kevin-mccarthy-wrong-benghazi-hillary-clinton-214498#ixzz3ntXrIDQq

Gowdy didn't say this is political.  It's pretty clear this dude doesn't read the links he posts.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Gowdy didn't say this is political.  It's pretty clear this dude doesn't read the links he posts.   ::)

Some people will never accept it - Mccarthy stepped in shit here.  Chaffertz and Gowdy were his biggest allies and even THEY are shitting on him. 

It's okay if some people refuse to admit he did anything wrong.  He apologized, his peers criticized him majorly for it.  These things don't happen if he's innocent.

Arent many getbiggers coming to mccarthy's defense here - what he did was an idiotic screwup.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Some people will never accept it - Mccarthy stepped in shit here.  Chaffertz and Gowdy were his biggest allies and even THEY are shitting on him. 

It's okay if some people refuse to admit he did anything wrong.  He apologized, his peers criticized him majorly for it.  These things don't happen if he's innocent.

Arent many getbiggers coming to mccarthy's defense here - what he did was an idiotic screwup.

Coach called you a spin doctor, because you claimed McCarthy admitted this was about politics.  You then quoted Gowdy, claiming Gowdy also claimed this was about politics.  That's not what Gowdy's quote says at all.  I don't know if you are just dense, dishonest, or a combination of both.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
the entire GOP leadership is ashamed of Mccarthy.  Rightfully so.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Clinton will use this to her advantage.  Thanks GOP.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

there are still some Hermann-Cain-believers that think McCarthy did nothing wrong.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

She is already running campaign ads.  Good gift for her to help temporarily take attention away from the FBI investigation. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
You mean the FBI Investigation that isn't going anywhere and will result in zero charges being filed?

Yeah, pretty sure she is worried about that one.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
She is already running campaign ads.  Good gift for her to help temporarily take attention away from the FBI investigation. 

you haev to admit that it was a gaffe on McCarthy's part

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You mean the FBI Investigation that isn't going anywhere and will result in zero charges being filed?

Yeah, pretty sure she is worried about that one.

I think someone is getting charged.  Not sure if it will be Hillary, but it will be someone IMO. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
you haev to admit that it was a gaffe on McCarthy's part

Definitely a dumb thing to say given how liberals and the MSM hang on every word a Republican speaks. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Definitely a dumb thing to say given how liberals and the MSM hang on every word a Republican speaks. 

gee whiz, it was repubs also hating on him for it.

hard for someone like you to admit it, but mccarthy did politicize the investigation, and that's a no-no.