Author Topic: Thoughts on Nolvadex  (Read 1987 times)

bigskyjr

• Getbig II
Thoughts on Nolvadex
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:02:32 AM »
I've heard alot of different things on Nolvadex. Mostly good, but some say to stay away from it. Does Nolva suffice as a good anti-estrogen, or is it better to just spend the money and get Arimidex?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
Re: Thoughts on Nolvadex
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 07:24:34 AM »
arimidex is good for during ur cycle expecially if ur running a compund that tends to make u hold more water, which in the end meand their may be more estrogen floating around than normal. nolva is used for post cycle therapy and can be used during a cycle if u see gyno showing.

muscle
muscle

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »
Agree with m19--Nolva is not meant to be used as an on-cycle anti-e.  Use arimidex or letrozole while on, and save the nolva for PCT or to use if some gyno apears during your cycle.

bigskyjr

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
If the only aromitizing drug I'm using is Test Prop @ 100mg EOD, do you think I'll be ok without the Arimidex and just keep the Nolva on hand? I'll be taking Masteron too, which I guess is somewhat of an AE.

musclestang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »
what are your thoughts on proviron compared to arimidex and letrozole?  is it as good?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 06:35:10 PM »
i dont believe that about nolva cutting gains in half, maybe cutting them a bit but not that much. proviron is good helped keep water off me but i did have some sugns of gyno pop up while using 50mg ed of proviron and i still got some signs which then i used nolva and got rid of it.

muscle
muscle

musclestang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 06:38:42 PM »
thanks muscle19, i have the same problem now.  i have been using 50mg of proviron but have some signs of gyno.  should i add in nolva for the duration or just like 10mg a day for the next week?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »
add in the nolva till problem goes away

muscle
muscle

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 10:51:01 AM »
I've heard alot of different things on Nolvadex. Mostly good, but some say to stay away from it. Does Nolva suffice as a good anti-estrogen, or is it better to just spend the money and get Arimidex?

Nolvadex is an anti-estrogen

Arimidex is an aromatase-inhibitor

Completely different category of drugs.

Nolvadex blocks estrogen receptors, so the estrogen can't exhibit the effects on the affected tissues.

Arimidex blocks the conversion of Testosteron to Estrogen thereby cutting off the supply at the source.

Nolvadex you should be using during PCT.

Arimidex should be used on-cycle if at all.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...