Author Topic: Nobody fucking lifts anymore  (Read 13022 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Nobody fucking lifts anymore
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2015, 05:17:58 AM »
X 2 a lot of bullshit done for zero progress/weightloss/fitness/muscle building.
Its all a scam to suck money out of the general public who simply do not know and are uneducated in physical fitness.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »
here start with these...for a while. :D :D :D :D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »
here start with these...for a while. :D :D :D :D
when you master these for 3 sets of 8-12 reps add these.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »
than after 3 monthes or so add these. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
and these :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2015, 01:10:02 PM »
then pick and choose from these ,,,,, now copy , print ,,,,, hang on your gym    wall..... you can thank me later... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »
there is a gym where i grew up thats is over 100 a month and there is also a hefty initiation fee. They literally must have 20 squat racks lined up . the dumbells go up by 1/4s for example 27.5 pounds etx, super nice locker rooms showers pool indoor track  and tons and tons of machines.  Not a gym i would actually join but i do love going there as a guest when i visit the fam around the holidays :-*

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
Just look at all the fat shits , all the do is watch other people workout and walk around town with workout cloths at the malls or grocery stores , fucking pathetic

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »
Hardcore Gyms A Thing Of The Past

by Tim Wescott aka Wes

Where did the hardcore gyms go? Most people in gyms today don't have a clue what they are trying to accomplish. Follow my rant as I load this up with sarcasm, and if you are one of those with no idea then start learning and train harder!

I'm about to say quite a bit about the sad state of affairs in most gyms today, and I know I will offend some people, but... too bad! It makes me sad to see the gyms of today, and their participants, wandering around aimlessly from fancy machine, to fancy machine, in quest of something most of them don't know how to find.

I'm talking about learning how to achieve results, with their meager half-hearted efforts. Most of the people in gyms today don't have a clue why they are there, or what they are trying to accomplish. Sure, Mary might want to lose some weight, but she usually doesn't have a clue as to how to go about it. I know this may sound harsh to some, but back in the day, newbies in the gym learned a lot from bodybuilders and more experienced lifters.

Gyms back in the seventies and eighties, were really gyms, and not fluffy, frilly, "Fitness Centers," trying to pass themselves off as gyms."

Bodybuilders and powerlifters are actually frowned upon these days in most gyms. It's a shame because these people should be used as inspiration, and watching them train could benefit a lot of people.

As far as giving them a clue as to what intensity level is required to actually get results from their training... Gyms back in the seventies and eighties, were really gyms, and not fluffy, frilly, "Fitness Centers," trying to pass themselves off as gyms. People worked together in pursuit of their goals, and learned from each other.

Today's gyms, and I use the term loosely, are too caught up in making money, and could care less about their clients progress, or lack of progress, as is usually the case. There's too many people that don't have clear-cut goals, and know nothing about training, even though there are "personal trainers" at most gyms.
Personal Trainers

The sad part is a lot of the personal trainers I've seen know very little themselves, and most look like they can't get out of their own way. If you are going to train people, at least look like you train a little yourself. I call these half-assed personal trainers, "professional rep counters," as that's about all they are doing that is correct, in their approach to training clients.

Another thing I find ridiculous today is fad fitness items. Swiss Balls, rubber tubing, medicine balls, and TV sets, are a bunch of junk, that should be kept out of a serious gym. Do you really believe that doing crunches on a big blue ball, is any better than doing them on a floor, or a bench?

Stabilizers come into play more with the Swiss Balls some would say. Stabilizers also come into play when squatting like an animal for 20 reps, with a heavy weight, but that's too much like work. I guess I'm just "old fashioned," but give me a gym full of sweaty, hard working animals, who are hungry to grow, and make progress, any day.

Today if you lift anything remotely heavy, or make the slightest grunt while squeezing out a hard rep, you get asked to tone down the noise. Don't even think of chalking your hands, you might get some on the spotless floor. What do these people think a vacuum cleaner was invented for?
Hardcore Gyms

I've trained at 4 hardcore gyms, at different times, for years, places where you made progress, and other people in the gym were genuinely concerned about you making that progress. It was no-holds barred, all for the betterment of the guys working out. If you didn't train your ass off, you were considered a wimp.

Sadly, it is getting increasingly harder to find a good ol' sweatshop type of gym, where results are demanded. Today I see people come to the gym religiously, every day, only to talk, roam around, use the same weight forever, usually one plate on some contraption, for months at a time, gab on their cell phones, or some other practice that has nothing to do with staying focused on their training. These same people wonder why they do not make progress.

Ask a typical trainee in today's gym why he or she does a particular exercise, and what part of the body that exercise is for, and they look at you like you asked them for their wallet.

I think if you're going to workout, then you should at least have a basic understanding of the exercises, and body parts they work. Maybe even sweating a little once in a while would be productive. I really miss the "old school" gyms, and the animals that inhabited them. You can take this rant with "tongue in cheek," but I won't. Train Hard!
Conclusion

I obviously (I hope), meant this article to be taken with a healthy dose of sarcasm, but I hope I opened people's eyes to the fact that they should ask questions at the gym (not while someone is training), and do a little research, before beginning their program. Learn about what you are doing, and you'll do it better.
TL:DR:FY
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2015, 09:32:34 PM »
The problem with most people is that they want fast results and quick fixes. You get that with cardio-ing people to death during boot camps and such but then they're fat again in a few months

Weight training takes longer but the results last.

Most people/trainers at the gyms I go to don't know what they are doing

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 09:36:19 PM »
Just look at all the fat shits , all the do is watch other people workout and walk around town with workout cloths at the malls or grocery stores , fucking pathetic

What is this shit.. what the fuck!? Fat fucks brutally standing about. DLB like a caged animal in a zoo of peace. What are they hoping to catch on their cell phones that they never put the fuck down!? Don't know how to do dumbbell fly? Why pay her so much money I don't get this

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2015, 10:06:29 PM »
there is a gym where i grew up thats is over 100 a month and there is also a hefty initiation fee. They literally must have 20 squat racks lined up . the dumbells go up by 1/4s for example 27.5 pounds etx, super nice locker rooms showers pool indoor track  and tons and tons of machines.  Not a gym i would actually join but i do love going there as a guest when i visit the fam around the holidays :-*

DBs go up by 1/4 that's awesome.  I've always had this theory that one problem with weightlifting is that you are forced to increase by 5 lbs minimum and that is simply too big of a jump for a muscle from one workout to the next, except maybe legs and assuming no sauce.  I have always wondered if there was a way to progress constantly due to only slightly greater weights whether you could make better more linear progress.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2015, 06:23:42 AM »
DBs go up by 1/4 that's awesome.  I've always had this theory that one problem with weightlifting is that you are forced to increase by 5 lbs minimum and that is simply too big of a jump for a muscle from one workout to the next, except maybe legs and assuming no sauce.  I have always wondered if there was a way to progress constantly due to only slightly greater weights whether you could make better more linear progress.

It's already been tried and associated with the Super Slow crowd. They call it micro loading. They have 14/ and even 1/8 lb plates.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2015, 06:30:50 AM »
It's already been tried and associated with the Super Slow crowd. They call it micro loading. They have 14/ and even 1/8 lb plates.
micro plates aint that bad though.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2015, 06:36:31 AM »
What is this shit.. what the fuck!? Fat fucks brutally standing about. DLB like a caged animal in a zoo of peace. What are they hoping to catch on their cell phones that they never put the fuck down!? Don't know how to do dumbbell fly? Why pay her so much money I don't get this
It´s like when you tell overweight people the truth about what they should do diet wise and training they then ask if the can do some ab training  ::) although i have seen some people make fantastic transformations

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2015, 07:05:21 AM »
TL:DR:FY

Wes posts are not intended for those with the attention span of a 3 year old.

BTW, I heard you are now a mod on the MMA board. I can only imagine the deep insights you share over there base on your vast experience and hands on training you have amass over the decades training in Martial Arts.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2015, 07:07:43 AM »
Now that I've finished 2/3 of the events I was training for I doubt I'll ever go back to regular lifting - it's too good a feeling to log 1.5 hrs of running, lifting, carrying shit and not even being winded.   Standard sets / weight / reps just doesn't compare.....to each his own though, it's all subjective.  No right or wrong.

https://t7979.mozu.com/cms/10317/files/GORUCK_6weekplan.pdf
Y

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2015, 07:11:45 AM »
Wes posts are not intended for those with the attention span of a 3 year old.

BTW, I heard you are now a mod on the MMA board. I can only imagine the deep insights you share over there base on your vast experience and hands on training you have amass over the decades training in Martial Arts.
shows how much getbig is going down hill. Ron has lost the plot. Should be entertaining to read his posts about Martial arts.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2015, 07:21:44 AM »
then pick and choose from these ,,,,, now copy , print ,,,,, hang on your gym    wall..... you can thank me later... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Big fan of the Jefferson Lift personally.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2015, 07:31:12 AM »
The problem with most people is that they want fast results and quick fixes. You get that with cardio-ing people to death during boot camps and such but then they're fat again in a few months

Weight training takes longer but the results last.

Most people/trainers at the gyms I go to don't know what they are doing

Exactly. Reminds me of a conversation I had with someone in the gym this past April:

Gym member: "Yeah, I want to try and lose weight and get in better shape for the summer."
SF1900: "Oh, good for you. You should be ready."
Gym member: "Yeah, I am trying to be consistent. Have to look good for the summer."
SF1900: "Well, you have about one year until next summer, so you should be able to do it."
Gym member: "No, I am talking about THIS summer."
SF1900: "Oh, um.............."

X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2015, 07:34:27 AM »
The unwashed plebeian masses of non-getbiggers tend to think that "diet and "exercise"" is something you do for 4-8 weeks that "fixes" everything permanently then you go back to your regular disgusting lifestyle.

For this reason they LLS.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »
The unwashed plebeian masses of non-getbiggers tend to think that "diet and "exercise"" is something you do for 4-8 weeks that "fixes" everything permanently then you go back to your regular disgusting lifestyle.

Hulkotron, you always speak the truth.
X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2015, 08:00:24 AM »

Yes.  This is why the tiny remain tiny while those of us larger folks who possess The Knowledge™ continue, and WILL continue, to dominate all aspects of existence.
Y

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2015, 08:00:42 AM »

They could at least take her fashion advice/example.  She dresses pretty cute usually.  These people look slobby.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »
Yes.  This is why the tiny remain tiny while those of us larger folks who possess The Knowledge™ continue, and WILL continue, to dominate.

The fitness/weight loss problem has been solved, like many modern problems.  The solution is pretty simple.  But it ain't easy.