Author Topic: vince;s gym 1980  (Read 16902 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: vince;s gym 1980
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »
I knew Vince and I knew Larry and I was in Vince's Gym more than a few times, I can't say who did or who did not take steroids back in them good old days because I never watch anyone ingest them or shoot them up ..... but I personally knew the individuals who are the topics of this conversation.

And please notice that I did not use the term "accuse' in the about sentence, simply due to the fact that steroid used 'accusations" back then were unheard of.

Nor was the use of roads back then ever considered to be as dispicable as many road free individuals considerable it to be today.

Back then the use of steroids was not a felony and not even frowned upon.

The only reason why roid use was disliked back then was that those who used them had an advantage over those who did.

And those outside the 'lifting world' could care less simply due to the fact that it was of no concern to them or they simply knew nothing about them.

The only thing I ever heard Vince complain about was squatting.  

Larry squatted elsewhere while Vince expounded on the benefits of protein ... the when, the where, and the  how it should be 'taken'.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2015, 09:49:26 PM »
Funk I think you will find that the picture of the black guy you posted is a young Sergio Oliva when he had hair. It's certainly not the old rambling guy in that video.
this just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about in this thread

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »
this just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about in this thread
          i guess some people all look the same to you ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::),,,,,, the guy i pic'd is definitely the guy in the video when he was younger......
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 07:34:50 AM »
Funk I think you will find that the picture of the black guy you posted is a young Sergio Oliva when he had hair. It's certainly not the old rambling guy in that video.
here's leroy at 19 years of age..
F

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2015, 07:36:23 AM »
          i guess some people all look the same to you ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::),,,,,, the guy i pic'd is definitely the guy in the video when he was younger......
read sho i quoted  ;)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 07:44:42 AM »

Great pics of Sergio. You can see he was more ripped in his pre steroid days in the bottom picture in the late 1950's but really blew up on D Ball in the top pic which I think is like 1972.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 08:44:21 AM »
Great pics of Sergio. You can see he was more ripped in his pre steroid days in the bottom picture in the late 1950's but really blew up on D Ball in the top pic which I think is like 1972.

you actually think that all of these pics are of sergio oliva???????????????????????????
F

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 08:58:53 AM »
Scott only took dianabol after he won the 66 Olympia. This is why Vince threw him out his gym and Larry retired and didn't compete in 67 as he couldn't build natural muscle without Vince and the dianabol didn't compensate for Vince's glandulars and advanced multi side muscle building techniques.

Learn some history dumbass.

Actually, he took one look at Sergio Oliva and saw the writing on the wall. Said this himself.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »

You should maybe take a peek at the picture again.. It pretty clearly says Leroy Colbert. You are making yourself look stupid man. You cant possibly know anything about the history of BB and have no clue who Leroy was / is...

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 11:03:59 AM »
^^
Why don't you just give it up??  Leroy Colbert, the man in the video had 1 million % better physique than you will EVER have, and he personally knew Larry!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2015, 11:09:14 AM »
pic of leroy colbert with tom sansone curling 105...in each hand
F

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
Can`t believe some of you are falling for this,Big Al has shown over the years he has a very good knowledge of the history of the sport,he is just having a laugh.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
Can`t believe some of you are falling for this,Big Al has shown over the years he has a very good knowledge of the history of the sport,he is just having a laugh.

Awwww Crownshep  >:(

I was just about to reveal that when Sergio first swam from Cuba to escape communism he picked the name Leroy Colbert because he thought it sounded American.
Joe Weider thought Leroy was too uncle Tomish so he picked the name Sergio Oliva and got him to change his name, shave his head  and reinvent himself.

Wonder how many would have scrambled to prove me wrong and call me a fool ...... :D

Oh and I know Larry was a Dbol freak. :P

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »

I was just about to reveal that when Sergio first swam from Cuba to escape communism he picked the name Leroy Colbert because he thought it sounded American.
Joe Weider thought Leroy was too uncle Tomish so he picked the name Sergio Oliva and got him to change his name, shave his head  and reinvent himself.

Wonder how many would have scrambled to prove me wrong and call me a fool ...... :D

LMAO  ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
F

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »
you actually think that all of these pics are of sergio oliva???????????????????????????

lol @ middle pic...even Sergio stuffed his trunks with a sock by the look of it.....wtf??? (no homo)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Funk thanks for posting the great pics of Leroy. There is no doubt that Leroy was way ahead of everyone else in the 1950's , an absolute genetic freak and a more impressive physique than Sergio a decade later.  If it wasn't for his accident he would have wiped the floor with Park, Pearl and the other top guys in the later 50's to mid 60's. He also seemed to be the one guy who Joe Weider actually liked and treated as a friend rather than an exploited meal ticket like he did with all the others.  His youtube films are great.
Sorry for the wind up but being semi retired I have too much time on my hands.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »
Funk thanks for posting the great pics of Leroy. There is no doubt that Leroy was way ahead of everyone else in the 1950's , an absolute genetic freak and a more impressive physique than Sergio a decade later.  If it wasn't for his accident he would have wiped the floor with Park, Pearl and the other top guys in the later 50's to mid 60's. He also seemed to be the one guy who Joe Weider actually liked and treated as a friend rather than an exploited meal ticket like he did with all the others.  His youtube films are great.
Sorry for the wind up but being semi retired I have too much time on my hands.

that's ok just didn't want to lead the younguns astray.....i don't take anything too seriousely on here either.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  that's a good point about leroy he could have given the big names of that era nightmares of couse same could have said about arthur harris but that didn't happen either.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2015, 11:28:09 AM »
harris couldn't even win the aau mr. america, he'd win most muscular and come in down the list for the overall.
F

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
Dam. Look at that shelf Colbert's upper chest makes. Also, long time ago, prolly 25 years ago I was shopping in this mall in some clothing store. I was jacked n young back then. So this black girl who works there started talking to me asking me about lifting etc. She says she either had a famous dad or grandpa but I prolly never heard of him. I swear it was dad but my menory is fading. She was trying to do modeling n was very pretty. So anyway she says his name was Leroy Colbert. It was cool because I knew who he was so she was happy I'd heard of him. Pretty gay story but I forgot all about that incident until this thread.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2015, 04:52:44 AM »
Scott only took dianabol after he won the 66 Olympia. This is why Vince threw him out his gym and Larry retired and didn't compete in 67 as he couldn't build natural muscle without Vince and the dianabol didn't compensate for Vince's glandulars and advanced multi side muscle building techniques.

Learn some history dumbass.

That isn't exactly true from what I heard. He stopped taking dianabol because it conflicted with his Mormon religion and he also felt like a fraud because he looked nothing like his pictures without the drugs. It had nothing to do with Vince. Horworth, Scott, and every well known champion out of Vince's was a user.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2015, 05:46:31 AM »

Haha,i let you have 4 pages worth of wind up mate. ;D ;D ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2015, 06:54:43 AM »
Dam. Look at that shelf Colbert's upper chest makes. Also, long time ago, prolly 25 years ago I was shopping in this mall in some clothing store. I was jacked n young back then. So this black girl who works there started talking to me asking me about lifting etc. She says she either had a famous dad or grandpa but I prolly never heard of him. I swear it was dad but my menory is fading. She was trying to do modeling n was very pretty. So anyway she says his name was Leroy Colbert. It was cool because I knew who he was so she was happy I'd heard of him. Pretty gay story but I forgot all about that incident until this thread.
leroy colbert in his health food store w wife jackie in first pic...
F

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2015, 05:42:54 AM »
I knew Vince and I knew Larry and I was in Vince's Gym more than a few times, I can't say who did or who did not take steroids back in them good old days because I never watch anyone ingest them or shoot them up ..... but I personally knew the individuals who are the topics of this conversation.

And please notice that I did not use the term "accuse' in the about sentence, simply due to the fact that steroid used 'accusations" back then were unheard of.

Nor was the use of roads back then ever considered to be as dispicable as many road free individuals considerable it to be today.

Back then the use of steroids was not a felony and not even frowned upon.

The only reason why roid use was disliked back then was that those who used them had an advantage over those who did.

And those outside the 'lifting world' could care less simply due to the fact that it was of no concern to them or they simply knew nothing about them.

The only thing I ever heard Vince complain about was squatting.  

Larry squatted elsewhere while Vince expounded on the benefits of protein ... the when, the where, and the  how it should be 'taken'.

"Not even frowned upon"?   Bullshit....Then why did they all lie about it?  They knew they were phonies..

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2015, 05:49:15 AM »
"Not even frowned upon"?   Bullshit....Then why did they all lie about it?  They knew they were phonies..
they didn't want to give the secret away.... this was done for several reasons,   but mostlythat if everyone would take it they would have to up the dosages to stay ahead of everyone even then they were aware of the health risks associated with these magic beans....
F