Author Topic: jizmo for mod...  (Read 4703 times)

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: jizmo for mod...
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 07:06:56 AM »
How are you spreading these meals out? I'm mainlt talking About guys who hit up a buffet twice a day and get in all there food. I preferably would spread it out but science says it works.We have 3 mods I'll see if we can get him on.
sample day is
7:00 wake up
8:00 first meal
4 hours later second meal
4 hours later pre workout shake, then workout with carbs intra
about an hour post workout last meal and thats it

scientifically speaking there are pros and cons to both eating less but bigger meals and more smaller meals too
my last bulk i was eating another meal right before bed but this time my calories are way lower but im still gaining quality weight faster because of smarter drug use (i guess)

i actually put the most belief into the leucine spiking theory (layne norton did some convincing research on that)...
it basically says maximum anabolism is achieved by having 4-5g leucine (from food obviously. 50g quality protein) every 3 hours because only a high spike (vs continuous elevation you get with less but bigger meals) in leucine causes maximum protein synthesis (this is independent of insulin though so with insulin use this goes outta the window)

when i didnt use insulin pre workout i would always eat about half my daily calories right post workout because im always hungry as hell then... with pre workout insulin im spreading everything out a bit more evenly (still have about 50% of my daily calories split peri workout)

right now im keeping calories pretty damn low on off days because i simply feel like i dont need much there
also gives some relief from bloating and i feel like my digestion works way better (and probably more efficiently too) when i dont have to stuff myself every single day on end

my last bulk i was meticulously getting in my calorie goals every single day, if i didnt then i would drink a huge shake at night

this time i just said fuck it and i simply eat when im hungry ... as long as im still gaining weight at a reasonable rate
coming off a hard cut i feel like my body is extremely efficient in putting food to good use anyway, dont need tons of calories yet

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 06:15:30 PM »

every 3 hours because only a high spike (vs continuous elevation you get with less but bigger meals) in leucine causes maximum protein synthesis (this is independent of insulin though so with insulin use this goes outta the window)

Guessing you meant continuous elevation with more but smaller meals. Used to go by that myself.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 10:27:54 PM »
Guessing you meant continuous elevation with more but smaller meals. Used to go by that myself.

well, yes and no.. big infrequent meals give a continuous leucine elevation because they take a lot of time to digest (if youre on a bulking diet and eating a good amount of calories)... lets say you only eat 2 big meals, then youll only get 2 leucine spikes and a continuous plasma leucine elevation for a couple hours afterwards

with lets say 5 small meals spaced 3 hours apart you get a quick leucine spike and then it drops down again, allowing the next spike about 3h later

the leucine spikes are supposed to be the anabolic stimulus

dont know how this reallly pans out in real life but it did make sense to me

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »
well, yes and no.. big infrequent meals give a continuous leucine elevation because they take a lot of time to digest (if youre on a bulking diet and eating a good amount of calories)... lets say you only eat 2 big meals, then youll only get 2 leucine spikes and a continuous plasma leucine elevation for a couple hours afterwards

with lets say 5 small meals spaced 3 hours apart you get a quick leucine spike and then it drops down again, allowing the next spike about 3h later

the leucine spikes are supposed to be the anabolic stimulus

dont know how this reallly pans out in real life but it did make sense to me
Hmmm...from laynes study/outline the point of eating the larger/less frequent meals (spaces of 4 to 5 hours between meals) was to allow the rise and fall of leucine causing the "spike" effect as you allow time for the food/protein to digest. It went against the magazine "eat every 2 to 3 hours" way of eating that kept it continuously elevated.

I actually think that we are basically saying the same thing after reading it again. Just depends on perspective of how you looked at the study done. I took it as going against the grain of the bbing dogma (believe layne pointed that out in his PowerPoint) of small/ultra frequent meals being a bit pointless. However, seeing it from your perspective as well because giant meals would take a lot longer to digest, etc. so it may be in the middle that would be best overall.

That's if it even makes much of a difference overal, lol.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 09:04:13 AM »
yeah you could probably interpret the results in different ways...
the gist of the study actually was that eating 40g quality protein every 3 hours (no need to wait longer unless its a very slow digesting protein) would be best to get the leucine spikes
BUT since meals with 40+g protein elevate blood amino acids (EXCEPT LEUCINE/bcaas) for much longer you could also eat a big amount of protein every 5-6 hours and just spike insulin in between OR spike with additional 4-5g leucine in between

i think BCAAs or leucine are unique in the way they are not elevated for longer than 2-3 hours after a meal, even if its 100g protein all at once...
all other plasma amino acids are elevated much longer (look at casein or example, elevates plasma aminos for 6-8 hours but only gives a small leucine spike that doesnt last long either)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Interesting stuff.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 10:24:06 PM »
If jizmo gets a modspot i will stop posting here cant stand the guy.

Im not kidding

Yes i am........real all his post good info

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 03:10:48 AM »
If jizmo gets a modspot i will stop posting here cant stand the guy.

Im not kidding

Yes i am........real all his post good info

:D

gossip forum would never be the same again

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 04:39:48 AM »
:D

gossip forum would never be the same again
but i do see your point..why be a mod when we have people like a old pantylover who complains if a mod trolls the boards like the rest  of us :D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 11:11:26 AM »
If OTH doesn't return soon.  Sure, he has my vote.  3 mods is plenty.

Now, once we agree, it will take about a year to implement.  The big wheel of GB turns slowly.  ;D

Jizmo, among countless others, has dedicated a lot of time researching and educating himself in the ways of AAS and PED.  You are unbiased and treat people fairly.  Most of all, you aren't taking shots at other people like the other degenerates we have who frequent this board.  You seem fair and non-judgmental, which is light years ahead of most people here from a maturity standpoint.  Also, you are humble and never brag about yourself.

I'm all for it.  You dive much deeper into things than I do, usually I get an overall view and don't think much of it.  I commend you for taking the time to dig into things.  Coming from an Engineer, "The Devil is in the Details".  Less broad strokes, more fine lines.

Oh and Jizmo, you only need to be serious here bud.  You can remain a trash poster on the G&O.

8)