Author Topic: Country of peace...  (Read 3084 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Country of peace...
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »
If you met some of our citizens you would understand.  :-X

And not a single one guilty of anything, ask 'em.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 02:22:03 PM »
another shitty country of peace:

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »
But a large part of the population is incarcerated. Actually, the US is world leading in incarcerating its own citizens.

NN

It's a good start but nowhere near the number that need to be incarcerated or locked up so they can be taken care of due to mental illness.  That number is about 5 percent of the population.  So in a country of 330 million that is about 16 million.  What do we lock up now, something like a million?  Seriously a significant portion of the population are degenerates and crazy.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 05:25:55 PM »
Why does Obama never talk about gun murder stats in Chicago? A place with tough gun laws and hebrews killing hebrews like nobodies business...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »

Not all that horrible for most groups all things considered. If you take out the drug and gang related homicides, I'm sure the rates drop dramatically for blacks and latins too. Suicides are a non starter, simply because they'll usually just switch methods.

Why would you do this ???

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »
Why would you do this ???

That chart is murder across all modus operandi involving firearms. From what I've seen over the years, is that much of the murder rate in the black (and to a lesser degree, the latin) neighborhoods is tied to the drug trade and in turn, gangs. I'm sure that if we took those two forces out of the equation, the rates among regular black folks would become more palatable, and drop our overall rate of firearms violence as a nation.

On a personal level, I usually discount suicides, firearms deaths while in commission of another crime, and intra family domestic violence (much like with suicides, the perpetrators will usually just switch methods if no firearm is available) when looking at these statistics. Once they're out of the picture, the "gun problem" really isn't a big deal, especially when balanced against population and personal freedoms.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »
First off, we have guns in our country, so of course there are more gun related homicides. Second, aren't you from one of those countries in Europe who's women have totally emasculated the men, thus becoming not sexually attracted to them, and now they import third world moslems to fill the void and the vagina? Get your own affairs in order before you call us out on ours. Or, I'll fucking shoot you. ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
That chart is murder across all modus operandi involving firearms. From what I've seen over the years, is that much of the murder rate in the black (and to a lesser degree, the latin) neighborhoods is tied to the drug trade and in turn, gangs. I'm sure that if we took those two forces out of the equation, the rates among regular black folks would become more palatable, and drop our overall rate of firearms violence as a nation.

Okay but so would the rates for every other race if you did the same thing for them.

I still don't follow why murders related to drugs and gangs shouldn't count in stats like this, unless that's not your argument and I'm misunderstanding.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2015, 06:22:55 PM »
Why does Obama never talk about gun murder stats in Chicago? A place with tough gun laws and hebrews killing hebrews like nobodies business...
It's never about the problem behind the guns. It's always those pesky little runaway guns causing all the trouble.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
Okay but so would the rates for every other race if you did the same thing for them.

Sure, but it would probably count for a lot less of the overall numbers for other groups than it would with blacks.

I still don't follow why murders related to drugs and gangs shouldn't count in stats like this, unless that's not your argument and I'm misunderstanding.

Sure, it should count, but I'd also discount it somewhat, because it is the the type of crime that usually won't affect normal folks. If drug dealer x kills drug dealer y, it shouldn't really bother anyone, it's the cost of doing business in those circles. Likewise, suicides, and domestics  are going to happen regardless of firearms avaliablity.

I guess the thrust of my thought is that when looking at these statics, you should just narrow it down to the types of gun violence that might have a reasonable chance to affect you. If you look at it that way, your average American (of all colors) has little to fear.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 02:19:59 AM »
It's a good start but nowhere near the number that need to be incarcerated or locked up so they can be taken care of due to mental illness.  That number is about 5 percent of the population.  So in a country of 330 million that is about 16 million.  What do we lock up now, something like a million?  Seriously a significant portion of the population are degenerates and crazy.

In 2008, 2.8 million incarcerated according to Wikipedia.

This is bad for many reasons:
a) Prisons are expensive
b) The incarcerated do not contribute to the workforce
c) Children grow up without a parent
d) Incarceration leads to more contact with other criminals and thus build networks- especially bad for young, first-time offenders
e) Incarceration may hamper rehabilitation

Some ethnical groups are incarcerated to a degree that it looks like a civil war in the US- a war against its own citizens.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 02:25:56 AM »
First off, we have guns in our country, so of course there are more gun related homicides. Second, aren't you from one of those countries in Europe who's women have totally emasculated the men, thus becoming not sexually attracted to them, and now they import third world moslems to fill the void and the vagina? Get your own affairs in order before you call us out on ours. Or, I'll fucking shoot you. ;D

This is a scary way of thinking and does not accurately capture the situation. It is true that the worshippers of Mohammed have double standards regarding marriage outside their religion- i.e. it is ok for a man to marry an infidel, but not for a woman, but they usually stick to their own. I don't like Islam at all, but on the other hand, many US christians are equally twisted and brain-washed.

NN

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »
All of these graphs have no source references.

Looks like the same type of graphs anyone can make with Microsoft Office.

You guys need to Internet harder.  :D
a

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 05:06:12 AM »
All of these graphs have no source references.

Looks like the same type of graphs anyone can make with Microsoft Office.

You guys need to Internet harder.  :D

Graph came from -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/02/white-men-are-twice-as-likely-to-die-from-a-gun-suicide-than-a-homicide-for-black-men-its-very-different/ .

Based on -

http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_us.html .

This is an interesting search engine, much easier to use than reading through UCR's and other reports.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 06:17:30 AM »
In 2008, 2.8 million incarcerated according to Wikipedia.

This is bad for many reasons:
a) Prisons are expensive
b) The incarcerated do not contribute to the workforce
c) Children grow up without a parent
d) Incarceration leads to more contact with other criminals and thus build networks- especially bad for young, first-time offenders
e) Incarceration may hamper rehabilitation

Some ethnical groups are incarcerated to a degree that it looks like a civil war in the US- a war against its own citizens.

NN
You forgot one thing. Incarceration is big business. America doesn't manufacturer that much, so we have become more service oriented. And we "create" more criminals, which in turn creates more "service" jobs (US Criminal Justice System). Crime pays, it has become a booming business . Companies that build jails trade on the stock market.
Look in an American yellow pages or Google criminal attorneys---there are millions of them. Probably more than the amount of the people incarcerated.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »
It is the something wrong with the American PEOPLE.
Marriages falling apart, everybody at each other's necks. Men being emasculated, women becoming more masculine. Everybody is entitled, along with everybody is a victim. People want to be victims and whiners instead of victors. The Baby Boomers did a complete work on their kids. Quality is abhorred.

Hell, take a look at bbing. We have all said time and time again that th quality of bbing has gone down hill. Take a look around you, that pretty much goes for almost all sports in a sense. Bodybuilding is a microcosm of today's world and culture---our selfishness and narcissism expressed.

We want to deny what is going on before our own eyes.

Exactly.

8)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
This is a scary way of thinking and does not accurately capture the situation. It is true that the worshippers of Mohammed have double standards regarding marriage outside their religion- i.e. it is ok for a man to marry an infidel, but not for a woman, but they usually stick to their own. I don't like Islam at all, but on the other hand, many US christians are equally twisted and brain-washed.

NN

You're wrong if you think Christian fundies are as fucked up as even moderate moslems.