Author Topic: How often do you fellas drink??  (Read 6761 times)

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
Re: How often do you fellas drink??
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Hardly ever. Most, if not all alcohol tastes like shit.

I believe most men drink, despite not liking the taste, because it makes them feel like "real" men.  :-\ :-\

How many people can honestly say they like the taste of beer? Most of it taste like shit. Most men drink because its what is expected of them socially, i.e., have a few beers with the guys while watching football.  ::) ::)

hall of fucking fame post right here. Drinking, now thats beta. Clowns that need to get drunk to express what they are too chicken shit to say sober.

edit: Im applying this to morons who get drunk
if you have a glass of wine with a meal, so be it, enjoy

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »
I get blasted once a week. 10 pints of real ale, can't be beaten. Love the taste of it, love the feeling.

you live in England? Yanks prefer light beers. Smithwicks here in Ireland is popular but pales compared to the English ales.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
hall of fucking fame post right here. Drinking, now thats beta. Clowns that need to get drunk to express what they are too chicken shit to say sober.

edit: Im applying this to morons who get drunk
if you have a glass of wine with a meal, so be it, enjoy

Exactly. I mean, Ill have a beer with a burger or something, but never understood those who drink every day or get shit faced. What's the purpose? At that point, the alcohol is not even enjoyable any more. There is no way that someone drinks a 12 pack of budweiser every night because they like the taste.
X

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »
Exactly. I mean, Ill have a beer with a burger or something, but never understood those who drink every day or get shit faced. What's the purpose? At that point, the alcohol is not even enjoyable any more. There is no way that someone drinks a 12 pack of budweiser every night because they like the taste.
drinking helps a lot of people out socially...it's a short term fix for a long term problem

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 12:28:01 PM »
drinking helps a lot of people out socially...it's a short term fix for a long term problem

Exactly, thus has little to do with the actual taste, and more about the psychological effects.
X

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
they might ask you the same question...if
The taste of alcohol isn't particularly good and you aren't drinking enough to feel any effects why even do it at all? When I drink it's usually hard liquor and I drink a lot of it...this is more
Often than I'd like but still isn't a lot..maybe 2 times a month

You need to make a distinction with drinking for pleasure and drinking for the sake of getting drunk. I do the former, and never the latter. Don't see the point. I like the taste of beer just enough to be able to say I'm satisfied with one pint and then the feeling of wanting a beer is out of my system, same goes for whisky or any other short drink.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
never understood those who drink every day or get shit faced. What's the purpose?

“Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you’re allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It’s like killing yourself, and then you’re reborn. I guess I’ve lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.”
—Charles Bukowski

Some people stay sober because they are afraid to face drugs.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »

I believe most men drink, despite not liking the taste, because it makes them feel like "real" men.  :-\ :-\

How many people can honestly say they like the taste of beer? Most of it taste like shit. Most men drink because its what is expected of them socially, i.e., have a few beers with the guys while watching football.  ::) ::)

yes. the social / peer pressure starts at an early age. especially in countries like britain and ireland where drinking alcohol is practically the norm. your (legal) 'first pint' is a coming of age milestone. plus there was a great pub culture once. good times 8)

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »
alcool never - only tap water for me

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2015, 12:48:25 PM »
you live in England? Yanks prefer light beers. Smithwicks here in Ireland is popular but pales compared to the English ales.

Yep. So many great ales, such varieties in flavour and texture.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »

How many people can honestly say they like the taste of beer?Most of it taste like shit. Most men drink because its what is expected of them socially, i.e., have a few beers with the guys while watching football.  ::) ::)

Love beer, especially a good pale ale or IPA. "Most men" sound like insecure fags.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »

Exactly... Most people I know simply have no idea how to socialize without it.  Without it they can't even have a good time, or carry on a conversation.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »
Love beer, especially a good pale ale or IPA. "Most men" sound like insecure fags.

Never found a beer I truly enjoyed.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 01:05:13 PM »
Never found a beer I truly enjoyed.

Acquired taste, most likely. Wine took time for me. Never developed a taste for anything stronger, though. No appeal whatsoever.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »

My mom really enjoys an ice cold beer with crackers and anchovies on hot days.  ;D  I don't deny others their right to an adult beverage its just that I prefer not to drink myself.  I made the best designated driver years before the term ever came into existence.  

"Boplicity" is on my Pandora One "Sinatra" station right now.   ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
My mom really enjoys an ice cold beer with crackers and anchovies on hot days.  ;D  I don't deny others their right to an adult beverage its just that I prefer not to drink myself.  I made the best designated driver years before the term ever came into existence.  

"Boplicity" is on my Pandora One "Sinatra" station right now.   ;D

Any particular reason?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
Any particular reason?

My dad and my maternal grandfather were both raging alcoholics.  I saw what it could to and decided that, like drugs, it was best that I avoided it.  A personal choice, nothing more.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
My dad and my maternal grandfather were both raging alcoholics.  I saw what it could to and decided that, like drugs, it was best that I avoided it.  A personal choice, nothing more.

Wise decision.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »
My dad and my maternal grandfather were both raging alcoholics.  I saw what it could to and decided that, like drugs, it was best that I avoided it.  A personal choice, nothing more.

Some people have that addictive gene. You are doing the right thing, not putting yourself in harms way.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 01:19:33 PM »

Reversed here. Folks never drank, relatives either. Bro and I picked up their slack.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
Some people have that addictive gene. You are doing the right thing, not putting yourself in harms way.

Well, I also would not wish to put my family in harms way.  Nor anyone else for that matter.  As I said, it is a personal choice and my father and grandfather knew of my decision.  In fact, my grandfather refused to drink anytime he was around me out of deference to me.

On occasion I am still called upon to be a designated driver.  Free pop! ;D

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
Reversed here. Folks never drank, relatives either. Bro and I picked up their slack.

Im sure your wife and kids are happy about that  ::) ::) ::)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »

Perhaps, if I had them.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »
I only drink and use other drugs so God will keep talking to me.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »

Calm down.  Go relax with a glass of Fred-O-Cal.