Author Topic: Ryan DeLuca officially resigned as CEO of Bodybuilding.com  (Read 4647 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ryan DeLuca officially resigned as CEO of Bodybuilding.com
« on: October 05, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »

I still remember the day that I met Ryan Deluca, with his brother Jeremy and his dad, at an expo, them just starting out, and saying hello.  The DeLuca's built an incredible empire, and am sad to see the last of them officially leave Bodybuilding.com.   Going to be strange without Ryan at the helm....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From Ryan DeLuca....

I was barely out of high school when I started a business in my garage. I had never met another CEO. Never talked with an entrepreneur. Never knew anybody in the fitness industry. I didn't care. My passion was fitness and business and all I wanted to do, night and day, was work on creating the kind of company that I would want as a customer. I didn't party during the college years. I didn't really do anything for fun. I worked... and I loved (nearly) every single minute of it.

For my entire adult life I have worked on one thing... building Bodybuilding.com into the best company it can be for our customers and for our team members. Over the last 17 years we have sold BILLIONS of dollars worth of protein powders, amino acids, pre-workouts, bars, vitamins and more. We have changed the lives of hundreds of millions of people all over the world, helping people to become their best selves... a version of themselves that can make them a better parent, community member, employee, and spouse.

Today was my last day. I have officially resigned as CEO and will become an advisor to the company indefinitely. It's time to give somebody else a chance to run the most visited fitness site and biggest online sports nutrition company in the world.

There have been an insane number of ups and downs, as any entrepreneur can understand, but the highest "up" has been working with my team to create something special that will live on. I have no doubt that Bodybuilding.com will continue to grow and innovate far into the future. I have a lot of ideas for new businesses and other passions that I plan to pursue after a long vacation, my first real vacation since I started the company. Yes, I've taken time away from the office, but when you run a 24/7 business, you are never really "off".

Bodybuilding.com is like a child to me. It's a big part of who I am as a person. And like a proud dad, I will be cheering on from the sidelines, always there, always protective, and always ready to help even though I know inside you are fine on your own.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Ryan DeLuca officially resigned as CEO of Bodybuilding.com
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:19:51 PM »
I still remember the day that I met Ryan Deluca, with his brother Jeremy and his dad, at an expo, them just starting out, and saying hello.  The DeLuca's built an incredible empire, and am sad to see the last of them officially leave Bodybuilding.com.   Going to be strange without Ryan at the helm....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From Ryan DeLuca....

I was barely out of high school when I started a business in my garage. I had never met another CEO. Never talked with an entrepreneur. Never knew anybody in the fitness industry. I didn't care. My passion was fitness and business and all I wanted to do, night and day, was work on creating the kind of company that I would want as a customer. I didn't party during the college years. I didn't really do anything for fun. I worked... and I loved (nearly) every single minute of it.

For my entire adult life I have worked on one thing... building Bodybuilding.com into the best company it can be for our customers and for our team members. Over the last 17 years we have sold BILLIONS of dollars worth of protein powders, amino acids, pre-workouts, bars, vitamins and more. We have changed the lives of hundreds of millions of people all over the world, helping people to become their best selves... a version of themselves that can make them a better parent, community member, employee, and spouse.

Today was my last day. I have officially resigned as CEO and will become an advisor to the company indefinitely. It's time to give somebody else a chance to run the most visited fitness site and biggest online sports nutrition company in the world.

There have been an insane number of ups and downs, as any entrepreneur can understand, but the highest "up" has been working with my team to create something special that will live on. I have no doubt that Bodybuilding.com will continue to grow and innovate far into the future. I have a lot of ideas for new businesses and other passions that I plan to pursue after a long vacation, my first real vacation since I started the company. Yes, I've taken time away from the office, but when you run a 24/7 business, you are never really "off".

Bodybuilding.com is like a child to me. It's a big part of who I am as a person. And like a proud dad, I will be cheering on from the sidelines, always there, always protective, and always ready to help even though I know inside you are fine on your own.

Did you get a tickle in your pants?
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »
Did you get a tickle in your pants?

No response means "yes"

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
Great company.  I order something from them at least 6x/year

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 05:46:15 PM »
Great company.  I order something from them at least 6x/year

Hi Ryan Deluca.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
Oh no!!! This is not good news
I hope the debacle with the Olympia and Amazon didn't play a part
Is the fast shipping gonna be impacted?
Are they not gonna carry certain brands if Ryan only liked them??
I might have to switch to tiger fitness
w

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
After partnering up with Lee Thompson and his fake NPC group, Deluca has been subjected to death threats and additional drama he never knew existed in bodybuilding. This is just a play to save face because business is business. The new CEO will denounce Thompsons gang of rogues and renew ties with the IFBB/NPC and eventually Deluca will come back.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 07:29:46 PM »
there has to be a connection between this and the Olympia webcast now operated by amazon 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 07:56:51 PM »
BB.com was acquired in July 2006 by Milestone Partners and a majority stake was sold to Liberty media for 100M in 08.

Maybe he just wants to spend time with his 22 year old gf.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
BB.com was acquired in July 2006 by Milestone Partners and a majority stake was sold to Liberty media for 100M in 08.

Maybe he just wants to spend time with his 22 year old gf.
Does he even lift ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Does he even lift ???

He knew enough not to take the stuff he sold or get drawn into the seedy gym world. :D

He also knew how to get rich from it.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
Cool peeps. Wish him well

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
there has to be a connection between this and the Olympia webcast now operated by amazon 

Well, just like every other internet business....Amazon is eating their lunch. If not right at this moment then soon.

The kids on the misc don't even believe in fart powders anymore...most of the young and gullible don't want big mass anyway.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
One of the most prolific snake oil salesman of our time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 01:31:57 AM »
the message board have really beat up on the supplement world.

Yes, people still get their protein powder, it's food.  They still get their multivitamins, health stuff.

But $4 for a preworkout drink when they learn about ECA?
Or magic activators, HMB, etc etc, when they have getbig to clear it up?
And charging $55 for spot reducing EFAs, the same fishy capsules we can get at the dollar store?
(And all the good prohormones have been banned anyway.)

Companies focusing on food (protein) and health (vitamins) are still kicking ass.   But anyone who's on a board for a few months suddenly has a skeptical eye for magical claims of "1000% more muscle!" or "Add 15 pounds of lean mass in 15 days!".   It's more of a commodity market than a niche market... and massive price markups don't work, don't last.   Natural evolution with more info and communication/peer review available.  The good companies are still kicking plenty of ass!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 02:33:24 AM »

I might have to switch to tiger fitness

Try Lockout, probably the best prices and fastest shipping out there...

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 02:47:30 AM »
Layne's going to take over and rule with an iron fist. Carbonmania is running wild, brother!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 08:32:26 AM »
SQUID, "Thompsons gang of rogues" as per your post above.

Has anyone any knowledge who Lee Thompson is associated with regarding the formation this new NP Global sanctioning body?

I do know that he cannot do it all by himself , so who is helping him get this "global" organization set up?

And what is the current update?

Thanks!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
He built a solid company for sure.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »
Layne's going to take over and rule with an iron fist. Carbonmania is running wild, brother!
you kid,but what watch  every shelf will flood with these products now 'carbon 1000,carbonpump,carbonboost 25,just like n.o trend,,,you could take arginine/citrulline spend 15/20 $$$ or buy nos sup 60/80,,,

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
SQUID, "Thompsons gang of rogues" as per your post above.

Has anyone any knowledge who Lee Thompson is associated with regarding the formation this new NP Global sanctioning body?

I do know that he cannot do it all by himself , so who is helping him get this "global" organization set up?

And what is the current update?

Thanks!
Lee's big event and announcements are set for November 8th at Muscle Beach in Venice. Bodybuilding.com is his only announced partner as of now but there will be many more onboard for their launch party. Lee's relationships in TX are strong and he knows he can make plenty of money in TX alone without the need to leave the state. Aspiring competitors want to be able to go pro and he's delivering more opportunities for the FB and IG attention whores to claim Professional Athlete after their name.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »
Lee's big event and announcements are set for November 8th at Muscle Beach in Venice. Bodybuilding.com is his only announced partner as of now but there will be many more onboard for their launch party. Lee's relationships in TX are strong and he knows he can make plenty of money in TX alone without the need to leave the state. Aspiring competitors want to be able to go pro and he's delivering more opportunities for the FB and IG attention whores to claim Professional Athlete after their name.

We shall see.

I think the excitement will come when this folds and he starts airing out everybody's dirty laundry.  I think it's laughable that now Lee Thompson is the scum of the earth but they were all good and buddy buddy when he was high up in the IFBB

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »
We shall see.

I think the excitement will come when this folds and he starts airing out everybody's dirty laundry.  I think it's laughable that now Lee Thompson is the scum of the earth but they were all good and buddy buddy when he was high up in the IFBB
There is plenty of whisper mongering going on right now about Lee and his harem of cronies and girlfriends around the country but Lee has enough on Steve, Jim and everyone else to keep them from speaking too loudly about any of this. Lee is certainly no worse or better than any of the rest of them.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
There is plenty of whisper mongering going on right now about Lee and his harem of cronies and girlfriends around the country but Lee has enough on Steve, Jim and everyone else to keep them from speaking too loudly about any of this. Lee is certainly no worse or better than any of the rest of them.

Exactly and I think it's funny that some people are BLASTING this guy when they are ALL on the same wavelength.  Lee seems like he would sing if they came at him too hard.  It's all lies and scams anyway.